by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 972 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This dumb freakin engine is crap! #75392
05/24/06 19:55
05/24/06 19:55
I
imsilly Offline OP
imsilly  Offline OP
I

In the stupid wed tutorial I downloaded it tells how to add a base script to the level. The dumbest engine on earth won't let me add any script. All the script options on the stupid freakin map properties window are greyed out and it won't let me do anything. I can not load or create a script. I can't even run any stupid demos that came with the most stupidest engine on earth. This is crap! Customer support won't even help me because I decided to buy the Extra version to see if the engine was any good. I was planning on saving money to get the pro version later. But the creators of the dumbest eninge on earth won't even give me the time of day because I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on their product. I have one sentence to say to the creators of this piece of crap that only seems to work for those who spent almost $1000. The Federal Trade Commission. Which does prosecute internationally.

Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: imsilly] #75393
05/24/06 20:21
05/24/06 20:21
Sunny Scotland
xoNoid Offline
Developer
xoNoid  Offline
Developer

Sunny Scotland
Right calm down. Its ok take a deep breath. There that better? Ok. You can only add a script to a map file that has been saved. Try saving your map before you try to add a script. Just so you know, I've been using this engine for a while now and haven't found a single "bug" that has not actually been me doing something wrong.

Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: imsilly] #75394
05/24/06 20:33
05/24/06 20:33
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Quote:

In the stupid wed tutorial I downloaded it tells how to add a base script to the level. The dumbest engine on earth won't let me add any script. All the script options on the stupid freakin map properties window are greyed out and it won't let me do anything. I can not load or create a script. I can't even run any stupid demos that came with the most stupidest engine on earth. This is crap! Customer support won't even help me because I decided to buy the Extra version to see if the engine was any good. I was planning on saving money to get the pro version later. But the creators of the dumbest eninge on earth won't even give me the time of day because I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on their product. I have one sentence to say to the creators of this piece of crap that only seems to work for those who spent almost $1000. The Federal Trade Commission. Which does prosecute internationally.

Easy there man, conitects customers support has to deal with more
problems than you ever can image, btw
Quote:

the creators of this piece of crap

Where you drunk when you right this piece of crap, it seems
one thing is clear here, 3DGS is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT crap
but it seems you are !!!!
Man, people like you really make my angry !!!!

I can't say engouh to defend contect, these man ARE BRILLIANT !!!!
Btw this topic belongs to ASK CONITEC

Mostly I'm a friendly, happy guy but that was just to much for me to not give an angry reply !!!!

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: frazzle] #75395
05/24/06 20:54
05/24/06 20:54
I
imsilly Offline OP
imsilly  Offline OP
I

Well I finally figured out how to solve the loading problem. Some dumb ace who wrote the templates that were updated to the new engine standard of syntax decided to put commands in for finding the paths to where the scripts were that doesn't even exist. (At least according to the script editor and the engine those commands don't exist.) I had to rewrite stuff. So it loads the script but displays error messages because I don't have any actors, go figure.

And now I must offer a big apology to the engine makers,(except to the person who made the new template scripts), and all of you who dared to read my post, becasue I WAS/AM (depending on your preference) A VERY BIG, STUPID, MEAN, UGLY, DUMB ACE! Although none of you will probably respect me for the rest of the time I dare to post. At least I apologized, for what it's worth.

Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: imsilly] #75396
05/24/06 21:36
05/24/06 21:36
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
*sarcasm* Right, nice going, go insult the ones who can help you out and the one that made those templates ... pretty clever */sarcasm*

Those templates just use a wrong path and I thought some beta commands, so what, big deal .. Only thing you could blame the maker of those templates is that he forgot to tell that, however he won't update them back, but will wait for the latest beta to be released, correct me when I'm wrong.

STILL stating that it doesn't work and the engine is crap, just because you don't get it to work, and even claim that the engine only works for people who shelled out 1000$ is really amazingly stupid. Thanks for the amusement.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: PHeMoX] #75397
05/25/06 01:01
05/25/06 01:01
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline
Serious User

San Francisco
man oh man! don't get yer panties all in a bunch ! check out the tutorials + slow down. the engine works fine.. it won't do all the work for you though.

Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: JetpackMonkey] #75398
05/25/06 03:30
05/25/06 03:30
I
imsilly Offline OP
imsilly  Offline OP
I

No it wasn't sacasm. I was truly apologizing. How old are you anyway PHeMoX? I was apologizing to everyone except the person who doesn't know how to program correct paths into the templates they make. And since you think I'm sarcastic I WILL NOT apologize for implying you are 2 year old. I did infact admit I was a dumb ace. People who take offense when it is not intended are fools and those who take offense when it is intended are greater fools. And I certainly don't want an engine to do the work for me. If I wanted that I would have gone and bought the FPS Creator. I can read the advertisements on the 3d game studio webpage. I know I am going to have to work at making a game if I buy something that has an editor for models, scripts, and worlds. I just want the templates to work so I can learn from them. I want to know how the code relates to eachother and if I can't run it I can't figure out what it's doing exaclty.

...So anyway I apologized and I'm learning stuff about the engine and the scripting language now. So let's all move on. And if anyone thinks I'm still being sarcastic That's not my problem. If anybody wants to continue to insult me, fine. I deserve it for being rude. Obviously none of you have been extremely frustrated at that moment in time as I was.

Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: imsilly] #75399
05/25/06 03:39
05/25/06 03:39
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Learning how to code from a fully done project would be a nightmare. Your best bet is to learn from the AUM (look at the magazine link at the bottom of the page). That magazine will teach you much. It's where I learned.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: imsilly] #75400
05/25/06 05:31
05/25/06 05:31
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
This is a common mistake users tend to make. Even I've made the mistake of forgetting to have to save my level in order to even use or create a script. I do agree that there should be a note in WED for the part of adding a script that says "in order to create or use a script for your level, you must save your level first".

Gamestudio is one of the best 3D application-development tools around and you almost can't beat the price. Even in a level with 100,000 visible polygons, you can still get past 70 frames per second, even on my somewhat old Radeon 9600 XT without updated drivers.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: This dumb freakin engine is crap! [Re: ulillillia] #75401
05/25/06 07:04
05/25/06 07:04
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

So, now that you've learned how to save is 3DGS still the world's dumbest engine? And, there's nothing wrong with the path section of the new templates nor the ace that wrote them(Doug). If there is then it was only because he was thinking about Wizo3000 when he coded it.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de