by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,097 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Action RPG [Re: mqws] #61249
12/30/05 09:20
europe,lithuania.
mqws Offline
mqws  Offline

europe,lithuania.
maybe it is good game...

Re: Action RPG [Re: mqws] #61250
europe,lithuania.
mqws Offline
mqws  Offline

europe,lithuania.
do you full demo maked ???

Re: Action RPG [Re: mqws] #61251
12/30/05 09:21
12/30/05 09:21
europe,lithuania.
mqws Offline
mqws  Offline

europe,lithuania.
bye

Re: Action RPG [Re: mqws] #61252
12/30/05 20:30
12/30/05 20:30
New Brunswick, Canada
Ayrus Offline
Serious User
Ayrus  Offline
Serious User

New Brunswick, Canada
Please use the edit function as it makes it easier to track and read through a thread.

Regards,
Ayrus

suprised my account is still active....
Re: Action RPG [Re: Ayrus] #61253
12/31/05 09:00
12/31/05 09:00
San Antonio, Tx
Van_Railey Offline OP
Van_Railey  Offline OP

San Antonio, Tx
Well I have a person to make a website so things are about to put to where others can view it, while at the time I'm busting my knuckles to the start from scratch, programing the basis for the game. I sent the other team members just a simple little test level with a character and enemy that I modeled and put them in a simple level with the character having inhanced movement ability. It was mainly to show that I know something about putting a game together in 3D Game Studio. Since right now I'm getting the information prepared for January 1st, development should move along faster afterward, but like I said before you will all be updated with the information of progress (whether it's going well or not). Hopefully that information could help other game project leaders with a little bit of information on what to expect.
Also, no thanks light_mystic. You have talent, and I believe you would do an excellent job but the others have aggreed with the terms. While it truly wouldn't be that fair (in my oppinion) to give special treatmen to a selected member. I plan to do a lot of the work for developing this game, because making a game is as fun as playing one to me. While I would like the help of others (up to 27 positions) I don't want this to feel like a full time job to other based on the aggreement. So, I'll ask for just enough to help move the project along faster. So I'm off because I have some work to do.

Search the future to understand your past. Remember the past to help your future.
Re: Action RPG [Re: Van_Railey] #61254
01/20/06 17:26
01/20/06 17:26
laethyn Offline
laethyn  Offline

January 1st Start date. It's now January 20th. Has anything begun? an update? There been any forward movement?

Read the manual, it's a good place to start learning ~ ulillillia
Re: Action RPG [Re: laethyn] #61255
01/25/06 02:51
01/25/06 02:51
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline
DarkShadow  Offline

Nebraska
Currently the team is working material for the design phase, for a project of this size, this phase may well last quite some time. MY main goal as the producer is to complete all or most of the design work and set our sites on a one level/zone demo, this being to showcase our work and gain critisism before we move too far into the project and also to give the team a sense of accomplishment that progress is being made and motivating them to continue pushing forward. Indeed, there are people who are curious to see whether this project will succeed, i cannot predict the future, but i will continue my job as an organizer,mentor and motivator and i will keep you informed, however it may be some time before we have anything to physically show you all, theres alot of designing yet to do. Thanks for the inquiry, keep any questions you all may have coming, and if anyone is interested in joining the project send me a word or two and i'll talk to our leader to see if we have room for you.

Thanks,

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: Action RPG [Re: DarkShadow] #61256
01/25/06 06:33
01/25/06 06:33
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:

Indeed, there are people who are curious to see whether this project will succeed,i cannot predict the future

Sadly, I can.

If there is one piece of advice that comes up time and time again on every single game development forum it's this: Start Small.

If there is a second piece of advice that comes up on every game dev forum it's this: Design the document and then hire the team

By virtue of the original post and the gross violation of these principles, I can tell with about 98% accuracy exactly where this project will end up if you don't scope down right away.

Re: Action RPG [Re: fastlane69] #61257
01/25/06 15:49
01/25/06 15:49
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline
DarkShadow  Offline

Nebraska
Well fastlane,

i've been around this forum and others long enough to know that what you say is true, however as a member of the team and as a leadership role for the team i have to hold the mentality that we will succeed, while instilling the same mentality in the rest of the team. As far as design goes, the creator did have a large chunk of the design document completed, what we are doing now is going through the process of drawing concept skeches, deciding how we're going to structure the actual code, Deciding on styles of music, etc. Our leader seems to have the basic idea of how to design a game, i'm here to organize, mentor, motivate and keep the team working togethor. i'm also the one who will be compiling the teams efforts into the actual product, adding and tweaking what i feel is needed. As sort of a jack of all trades, I'll also be assisting the team in production of assets if they get overwhelmed. Case in point, i agree with what you see, but my role in the team is to maintain confidence, so i will continue my efforts and keep this forum informed.

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: Action RPG [Re: DarkShadow] #61258
01/25/06 16:24
01/25/06 16:24
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
I'm not trying to flame your project, but merely impress upon you that you have way too much Risk to realistically succeed at this project the way it's being handled right now.

If you are taking the role of the Producer and you believe that my words are true, then I urge you to use your powers and follow my advice:

1) A big chunk of the GDD is not a complete design. You should have every section of a GDD complete, even if in outline form, before you hire even one person on the team. Worrying about how the code is going to be laid out is an Implementation routing, not part of the Analysis and Design phase that you are under and betrays how unprepared or un-organized you are from day one.

2) There is no sense hiring 27 people at the beginning, especially without a fully fleshed out design. Start with a few core people doing programming and artwork and then build up from there. This idea of mass-hiring of people have sunk many a game dev studio with actual budgets. As this is a pay-after-publish project, you'll have even larger problems.

3) Managing a remote team is worlds different than managing a military project. People that sign up for the military have a natural team mentality...someone leads, I follow. People that do game development have a natural rebellious mentality...someone leads, but why should I follow? Keep this in mind for while you have had success in the military, this can acuatually be detrimental to managing a game dev team.

4) Read "The Game Producers Handbook" by Dan Irish to get a feel for what is expected of you in a game development Producers role.

5) Follow established Software Engineering practice. I recommend following the Cascade non-iterative approach for now which means you do Requirements, Analysis, Design, Implementation, and Testing in that order. Do this for the demo (NOT the full game) to get a feel for what you are up against and to give you team members experience in working together and the confidence you so desire.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de