by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ayumi, AndrewAMD, TedMar), 1,016 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev #60451
12/12/05 12:57
12/12/05 12:57
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
My 'small' team have recently started development on a new game concept that we are confident will get picked up for full commercial release. I have 'some' contacts within the industry. I say this bcz we have little to know budget available for the concept development and will will be relying on publisher investment apon agreement of concept. This would include a multiplatform release for consoles, (yes that does mean paying Conitec to port it)
The concept development timescale is 3 months, that is we would like to present our concept within Q1 of 2006. As with so many of these things time is of the essence.

I am looking for expert modelers, programmers, shader gurus and the like, who are seriously interested in AAA standard games development to reply here, or contact me directly if you wish.

As a return on your investment with this concept development, is a guaranteed employed position for completion of the concept to full title, as long as full production is commitioned, as well as share options and other benefits.

For the record I understand this is a work for free post, though I don't see it completelt this way. Forthermore this is not a question of lack of capability or skill level from my team. Simply put the logistics of delivering the concept within this time scale is tough and a collaboration with some of the brighter minds here would ease that process considerably.

NDA's will be mandatory and supplied to succesful applicants.

I will endevour to answer any questions you may have here.

TIA for your time.

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss
Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: indiGLOW] #60452
12/12/05 13:32
12/12/05 13:32
jigalypuff Offline
Serious User
jigalypuff  Offline
Serious User

what type of game is it? i can model but i tend to do stargate, startrek, and B5 models for mods. I can of course model other stuff as well .
Without you giving to much away, what genre is it going to be? what sort of poly counts are you looking at? if you are having only a few models on screen at a time you can get some nice detailed models into a game.

Why does everyone like dolphins? Never trust a species which smiles all the time!
Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: jigalypuff] #60453
12/12/05 15:52
12/12/05 15:52
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
Yes of course, fair questions.

The game is a fast paced 3rd person, team game. I can not say any more than that I am afriad, sorry. Please do not speculate either, as I can not talk about it without NDA's in place. Thankyou.

Modelers:
Should be able to produce AAA standard humanoid models with max polycount of 2000 and working down from there for level's of detail. Examples of work would be required, screens of models etc. Should also have a good understanding of mesh construction for animation, i.e creating mesh for bending at elbows and other joints. Pref someone working in 3D Studio Max. Other assetts would be required as well, other than game characters.

Programmers:
Someone with expert understanding and good experience in programming for GameStudio. The title itself is not a very complex title and concievably the coding would be a simple job for an experienced programmer. Multiplay via LAN/Online for 2-12 players is also required, so the game's archietecture must be built around this.

We are planning that the concept will be demo'd as 'Multiplayer', with single player and other game modes being covered by the supporting concept materials.

We will provide a brief and as the senior programmer you would be working closely with myself throughout the concept. You would be expected to be a proactive programmer, able to make suggestions for solutions as well as work independantly. A reliable and proffesional attitude towards this project is of great importance.

Shaders:
I would like this person to actually be a 'programmer' but I understand this may not be the case. Within the title, we will require some modern shaders, bump/normal/specular and possibly some kind of blur effect. This remit is to ensure that the title looks like a mainstream title and is a competitor, however the game does not require lots of these effects and is not dependant on them. So preferably the person who can fill this requirment will also be a programmer as detailed above. Otherwise some kind of arrangement for specific shader requirments on a short term basis may be preferable.

Other Skill Sets
You may have some special skill that I have missed above, that you feel would possibly be beneficial to my team, please comment. However if your 'Special Skill' is not bathing for 3 months, or wiggling your toes in a wierd way, please keep it to yourself

[Finally]
As with anything in life, there are no certains other than death. For the last 2 years I have been developing relationships with some key indusrty players who have invited me to showcase my concepts to them as soon as I have something. I intend to strike while the anvil is hot and deliver a concept that is AAA standard. I will understand fully any one not feeling comfortable working on a gamble, and that is clearly your choice and I will respect that completly. My team has researched our proposed title, and feels confident that if we can deliever on the concept, we will get the contract we need. Thankyou all again for your time, I hope this gives some clarity to a difficult thread.

Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: indiGLOW] #60454
12/12/05 18:41
12/12/05 18:41
jigalypuff Offline
Serious User
jigalypuff  Offline
Serious User

for character models i`m not to hot, but for static models i`m pretty good, the following are scratch built meshs by me, all textures are also by me.
edited by me
The Galors are for the botf2 project, the phase pistol is for destinys wind, i can also model structures and land based vehecials, should i be of any use to you contact me via pm for my e-mail.

Last edited by jigalypuff; 12/13/05 11:22.

Why does everyone like dolphins? Never trust a species which smiles all the time!
Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: jigalypuff] #60455
12/13/05 11:08
12/13/05 11:08
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
@jigalypuff: Thanks for your submission, unfortunatly we are seeking a higher standard of modeling. Please take that the way in which it was intended The models are not terrible, just not of a standard we are looking for, sorry. Thankyou for your time.

I appreciate posting examples here, although it may be better if people either post an shots in the Showcase area, or another URL and post a link here, as I don't want to flood this post with peoples screenies, thankyou.

Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: indiGLOW] #60456
12/13/05 11:23
12/13/05 11:23
jigalypuff Offline
Serious User
jigalypuff  Offline
Serious User

not a problem mate, i removed the screenies for you. i shall continue to hone my modelling skills.

Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: jigalypuff] #60457
12/13/05 11:25
12/13/05 11:25
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
Thankyou for your interest Jigalypuff

Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: indiGLOW] #60458
12/13/05 14:39
12/13/05 14:39
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline
DarkShadow  Offline

Nebraska
Check my portfolio and let me know if i'm "up to par" for this project. I also do a bit of scripting too, but not enough to count.

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: Invitation to Tender: Team for Concept Dev [Re: DarkShadow] #60459
12/13/05 17:35
12/13/05 17:35
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
A few interesting screen's in the LevelDesign area, do you have anything recent? I like the corridor sections, although we are not really looking for a level designer, I am still considering my options for level construction. At the moment I am expecting levels to be completely made from models, although BSP does have its advantages.

Our game requires curved surfaces which as I understand are a little poor when made through BSP. Anyway, would be interested to see more, drop me an URL when you have something.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de