by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, degenerate_762, 7th_zorro), 1,075 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Looking for a free team to kick things off with #60245
12/07/05 06:38
12/07/05 06:38
New York
PrenceOfDarkness Offline OP
Serious User
PrenceOfDarkness  Offline OP
Serious User

New York
Hey guys, I've been programming C-scripts since the early days of A5, and although I ain't perfect, I have managed (with some help along the way) to create almost anything I've ever needed to create with out fail. Such examples include AIs, inventory systems, user interface with panels, different effects including particals effects, and all of my code is completely origenal (however I have used some AUMs and stuff from the forums as insperation) except for the 2 things I'm not so good at. I can't designer a level to well and my modeling skills aren't anywhere near perfect.

Well let me get to it already . I don't really have anything impressive to post simple because code isn't really something you can post lol unless you guys wanna see hundreds of words.

The kind of game I'm working on is a fusion between runescape, diablo2, warcraft3, and probably other games and influential sources like TV. It's sort of hard to explain it on a forum however I am working on a design document. I've worked on many games with many people, and I've helped alot of people on the forums and I know that if we can work together we can complete a very impressive game.

If your interested send me an instant message on AIM, prenceofdarkness... or send me an email at prenceofdarkness@earthlink.net. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR MASTER MODELORS OR SUPER PRO LEVEL DESIGNERS. I'm looking for people who are tired of working alone and wanna join together to form a team of friends who can keep each other company and share in making what we love the most! GAMES!

"There is no problem that can't be solved with time and determination." -me
prenceofdarkness for instant messages on AIM.

Looking for a model designer
PLEASE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off with [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60246
12/07/05 07:17
12/07/05 07:17
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
how bout you post some screenshots of some things you made using c-script ? not the code itself but the finishing result

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off with [Re: Silent_Assassin] #60247
12/07/05 08:11
12/07/05 08:11
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
thats the problem bro.. It wouldn't really be anything you can post in an image. For example my player script has many different views and it can move around how would a screen shot capture that? If I show you my panels, it wouldn't be anything special.. I'm a bad artist all I did was make a templete in paint lol.. wanna see that? I don't want people to think of me as a bad artist, but a good scripter. A screen shot like that would help me

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60248
12/08/05 17:23
12/08/05 17:23
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline
Serious User

United Kingdom
Site some examples of your script work?

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: indiGLOW] #60249
12/09/05 02:15
12/09/05 02:15
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline
DarkShadow  Offline

Nebraska
hello,

i'm a "jack-of-all-trades" but am most skilled in level design and texture design. i might be interested, please tell me some more about the project because i've never played any of the example games you listed. Maybe tell me more about the story, the style, the genre, stuff like that, maybe some screen shots of something similar to your vision. if you have a broadband connection you can check out my portfolio here . i also designed the entire webpage but i hate webdesign so don't ask unless you have money . as for the portfolio, most of the work is mine with the exception of the models, but all level design and most textures were mine. anything that is not mine was created by my previous team mates. anyway, PM me or just post on this thread. Thanks.

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: DarkShadow] #60250
12/09/05 03:59
12/09/05 03:59
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
dark shadow i sent you a private message.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60251
12/15/05 05:01
12/15/05 05:01
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
Anyone else want to join a highly motivated team?

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60252
12/17/05 14:39
12/17/05 14:39
BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
B
Bilbo Offline
Senior Developer
Bilbo  Offline
Senior Developer
B

BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
umm just a suggestion you cant really say your highly motivated until you can prove it by acctually getting round to making and releasing something im not saying that you wnt be highly motivated just suggesting that we need proof somethings acctually gonna get done

http://Lonewolfstudios.syxe.com - now in php! Bah, I'm nerd enough to enjoy the rattling ~ laethyn
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: Bilbo] #60253
12/17/05 14:44
12/17/05 14:44
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
The problem is, whoose idea and who leads the project. If it's your idea then what do the others get for working for you? Money is the best motivator to get the things you want done, otherwise other people will mostly just do what they want to do.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: A.Russell] #60254
12/18/05 13:08
12/18/05 13:08
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
well I'm sorry I dont have the green to get others motivated enough to work for me. I though I mentioned I wasn't lookin for pro's or people who do this for a living. I was kind of hoping to starting up a team with people around the same level and who have the same life style as me, which is, I'm a collage student, with a girlfriend and a job, on my time off from the 3 I make games (or try). As far as me giving proof that things will accually get done, well thats kind of hard to show without giving away idea's I've come up with. I mean I have an inventory system that no one else on 3dgs has made (to my knowledge), I'd gladly show my work and progress to anyone who's interested. We're also working on a design document, but it would be a bit stupid on my part to post that here. Like I said, it's easy to show a model or a level, not so easy when it comes to code. Not every level and model designer can understand code, and how can I show code in action? A picture will just show a still vertion of it o_O'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de