by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba, Konsti, 2 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber Here!! #57809
10/18/05 20:59
10/18/05 20:59
United Kingdom
Tozzy Offline OP
Expert
Tozzy  Offline OP
Expert

United Kingdom
I was bored one day so looked through some source images on google of tyres. I love tyre textures and collecting textures of them. Even though I don't use them that much I still like to collect them for my texture archive. I have nearly 900 textures of practically every genre that I've collected over the year. Some I've made and some I've collected for free from kind community members here.

Anyway besides the point lol:

It only took me about 15 mins to make them because I was bored and then I left it for about a month and just found them today and wanted to finish them. Thought I'd contribute them as someone might find them useful. The source picutres were really low res but hey they could come in handy for a low poly car or something. Also you could clean them up a bit if needs be.

Free as usual! By the way, two are for motorcycles and 2 are for cars . They tile too.

Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Tozzy] #57810
10/18/05 21:11
10/18/05 21:11
I
Ithicus Offline
Developer
Ithicus  Offline
Developer
I

Very Nice Tozzy! I Really Like The Last One. I Can Only Assume You Made Those From Original Pictures. If Not...WOW.

The Only Crit Is The Second One Looks Kind of Fuzzy/Pixelated.

Thanks, I May Use These.
McLaren.

PS - Whats With Talking In Embedded Caps? (Topic Title And Sig)

Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Ithicus] #57811
10/18/05 21:41
10/18/05 21:41
United Kingdom
Tozzy Offline OP
Expert
Tozzy  Offline OP
Expert

United Kingdom
Hi McLaren!! lol I used source pictures to start with and then selected the best parts to crop them and then flipped them etc. To be honest, it didn't take long but when it evolved, I thought why not contribute them to the community instead of just storing them on my HDD. Every little helps as they say . Yea, the second is kinda blurry. They are not perfect but maybe you could still use them for a test project or something .

Quote:

Whats With Talking In Embedded Caps? (Topic Title And Sig)

Hey that's Ole' Tozzy's neat and tidy file naming convention and also, is what should be used on all titles, headers and signature . Can't explain why exactly but it is to kind of make it/ them stand out and look distinctive/ prominent (think that is the right word lol).

But I don't type like that in posts though as they aren't titles etc, unlike you on this occasion .

Thanks McLaren for the comments!

Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Tozzy] #57812
10/19/05 04:53
10/19/05 04:53
Austin, Texas
Josh_Arldt Offline
Senior Developer
Josh_Arldt  Offline
Senior Developer

Austin, Texas
Thanks for the tires Tozzy.

Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Josh_Arldt] #57813
10/19/05 05:51
10/19/05 05:51
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Thanks for the textures Toz! Will probably make use of these. May contact you in a few months to do some custom tire sets for my project(for $$$ of course). Take care!

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Josh_Arldt] #57814
10/19/05 05:59
10/19/05 05:59
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
Well done Toz like all of em

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Silent_Assassin] #57815
10/19/05 16:42
10/19/05 16:42
United Kingdom
Tozzy Offline OP
Expert
Tozzy  Offline OP
Expert

United Kingdom
@Josh_Arldt:

Quote:

Thanks for the tires Tozzy.

No problem at all . Makes me feel a lot better when other people could use work that can be put to good use .

@William:

Quote:

Thanks for the textures Toz! Will probably make use of these. May contact you in a few months to do some custom tire sets for my project(for $$$ of course). Take care!

Marvellous . Well hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be getting back into all that 2d and 3d design again. I've drifted away for 2 months now due to other creative related tasks but I think I can get back into it fairly quickly. Still have lots to sort out like my portfolio etc which I have and should be online again soon . But yep, please contact me on a few months if you still need tyres. I like tyre textures . Thanks a lot .

@Silent_Assassin:

Quote:

Well done Toz like all of em

Great stuff. Very pleased you are happy with them . I rated you a 5 by the way because you've only got 1 star . I'll rate everyone else if I've not already rated you in the past. Take care all.

Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Tozzy] #57816
10/19/05 17:53
10/19/05 17:53
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
Nice. However, there's one problem: they're not a power of 2. Textures in game design, must be a power of 2. When used with models, this isn't a problem (one of the major advantages of using models for levels). I like the second and third ones most of the four you've given.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: ulillillia] #57817
10/19/05 18:00
10/19/05 18:00
United Kingdom
Tozzy Offline OP
Expert
Tozzy  Offline OP
Expert

United Kingdom
Quote:

Nice. However, there's one problem: they're not a power of 2. Textures in game design, must be a power of 2.

Thanks. As I said I just basically 'threw them together'. This isn't my best work. When I take work seriously, you'd be surprised how much care I take. I put myself out a lot for my own pride even if I don't feel like it and because I like to do a good job for my client. And about the textures not being a power of 2, these aren't ready to just be used ingame just yet. All you have to do is crop the tileable selection area (sorry I forgot to do this for texture 2... also select half of texture 4) and scale it with PS . Dead easy . Remember to not constrain proportions though so you can it scaled exactly square.

Re: Too Tired To Go Look For Tyres? Burn Rubber He [Re: Tozzy] #57818
10/19/05 18:39
10/19/05 18:39
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

He Tozzy, I'm really looking forward for your textures. They are pretty.

Do you have also some kind of slick tires to share with us? That would be cool, also, do you have also side images of the tires?

Ciao,
Christian Behrenberg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de