Hi,
coming from MT4 where I used an amended script of Birt's EAReview to create the historic MT4-datafiles for backtests I know that mt4's formate for tick-data is a compresses form of time stamp, price and tick-volume combined with the spread. And it means that for tick-data the data files for all the timeframes of mt4 do have the same size.

I have seen the thread with the scripts to create tick data (.t1-formate) for Zorro but now I have read about the .t6-formate. But Convert.c does not (yet) creates .t6 files? How do I create them and how can I work with them?

Is it correct that Zorro needs the most recent quotes at the beginning of the file - but how do you update them and add new data as it is easier to add a line at the end than at the first position.

So far your Convert.c offers only quotes for testing and training of Yahoo (daily) and "..\\DAT_ASCII_EURUSD_M1_2015.csv".
As the training relies very much on the quality of the data and only op,hi,lo,cl might not be sufficient for e.g. scalpers and it would make sense to add to your Convert.c the option to read and convert the tick data from a free source and a tickdata down loader like Strategy Quant's Tick Downloader? Please see the provided formats at the attached image.

Beside that would it be nice if the reversed order of the quotes that Zorro requires is automatically done by Convert.c if the data source is order from the oldest to the newest and due to the size of the tick data files read the files as a stream line by line but saving the data year by year in reverse order and not by Get-Content all at once? Some of the tickdata files I have as off 2007 are larger than 4 GB and any editor refuses to load them - too big frown

I think this would offer to all your clients a much better and wider data source and a higher quality of their training results!

Thanks so far
Calli

Attached Files StrQnt01.PNG
Last edited by Calli; 08/14/16 10:04.