by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, howardR), 1,001 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What can we do? #460730
07/12/16 03:40
07/12/16 03:40

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

The recent absurdity aside. What can we the users and users in recession, do to facilitate the next gen of the Ax engine?

Should we produce a successful game? Should we make the tools? What should we do? If anything... How do we the 'users' bring lite-c and 3dgs engine to the next gen?

Please no deflection or avoidance talk.

I am Malice, Tempest and another.... 2001 till now .

Last edited by Malice; 07/12/16 03:56.
Re: What can we do? [Re: ] #460736
07/12/16 07:52
07/12/16 07:52
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
Yes, absolutely: produce a successful game! Or many small successful games.

It is not only the number of users, it is also the number of good products that can enourmously help developing the next version.

Re: What can we do? [Re: jcl] #460740
07/12/16 10:44
07/12/16 10:44
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Da beisst sich die Katze aber selbst in den Schwanz irgendwie. laugh

edit in Denglish:
Somehow the cat bites in its on tail grin

Last edited by rayp; 07/12/16 20:05.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: What can we do? [Re: rayp] #460741
07/12/16 11:13
07/12/16 11:13
Germany Nrw Herford
HenWoll Offline
HenWoll  Offline

Germany Nrw Herford
and I thought only in Our Forum would this Disskusion because , here is exactly the same theme was the future of Acknex concerned.

the problem is still that the good games simply need a lot of time , I sit on Zeal allready 4 years. ^^ ,

Re: What can we do? [Re: HenWoll] #460755
07/13/16 02:14
07/13/16 02:14
M
Mark430SR Offline
Mark430SR  Offline
M

Yeah! Srsly, we should do it well!! Does any of you know where to learn Shiva 3D 'cause I can't find any good place .. thank you ..

Re: What can we do? [Re: ] #460782
07/14/16 05:08
07/14/16 05:08
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
We can't do anything at all. This is not about us or good games. Acknex is antique. Dealing with WED is just stressful. No support for cross platforms etc. Unity is free, unreal is free. So who would want to buy GameStudio, and why? Because we made some quality games? Maybe it would work in the past but today?

Look at the comment. it's from my game page.

He/she didn't said "Wow gamestudio is still thing!". Nope. And you know what? He/she is right. i can't deal with unreal, but i already switched to unity.

We can't do anything, but jcl/conitec can. Still it is quite difficult and risky task for them. Should they allocate budget for A9? Is it worth when there are so many powerfull competitors, such as unity? i don't know. and i don't know what they think.

Don't you guys get me wrong. I love Game Studio, i respect Jcl and Team Conitec, i also respect your efforts and ideas. But making good game or The A8 last shot package will not help them, although Jcl told otherwise. We can't reanimate the dead.

p.s: Did you guys know " Pokemon Go " made with unity? tongue

Re: What can we do? [Re: Emre] #460785
07/14/16 10:21
07/14/16 10:21
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
Yeah, new WED and Android port have been announced several years ago. I'm sure, they had been right development directions at that time, but nothing was realized. With those 2 things maybe 3DGS could be still competitive for a little money, but today too many great tools out there offering more for free, and some of them are even suitable for beginners...

Personally my way has led to Unreal, thanks to my 3DGS experiences I can deal with it, and I'm very satisfied: despite it seems to be a hard thing to learn, there are many sources and tutorials available (what 3DGS lacks in the advanced areas), what makes learning easier, and finally game development faster.

Anyway, I think Lite-C is still great, other features offered by 3DGS are not really.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: What can we do? [Re: sivan] #460786
07/14/16 11:58
07/14/16 11:58
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: sivan
Anyway, I think Lite-C is still great, other features offered by 3DGS are not really.
, exactly, though tricky memory errors with pointers is not so beginner friendly.

I hope this doesn't discourage JCL though, gs3d is still a solid product so any more updates would nice.

Re: What can we do? [Re: sivan] #460788
07/14/16 13:06
07/14/16 13:06
Bavaria, Germany
Kartoffel Offline
Expert
Kartoffel  Offline
Expert

Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted By: sivan
It's not bad but I honestly have to say I'd prefer c++.
I don't think that there is something you can (and would) do in litec which doesn't work in c++ and on top of that c++ has some neat features.

The reason why I'm still sticking with acknex is because it's pretty lightweight (but kinda slow smirk),
offers a few handy functions (like handling strings, loading textures, sound, etc.) and because I
don't really have to care about compatibility (if it supports directx 9 acknex will most likely run on it).

edit: oh and that royalty-free thing is also really attractive.

Last edited by Kartoffel; 07/14/16 15:54.

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random
Re: What can we do? [Re: Kartoffel] #460789
07/14/16 20:27
07/14/16 20:27
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Quote:
I hope this doesn't discourage JCL though, gs3d is still a solid product so any more updates would nice.
Dont forget people, JCL is one of us! "Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

To be honest i dont like those Topics.
This Topic is ok, cause its a question, not as always "Its dead blabla"

3DGS still is solid good and, like mentioned, leightweight. Works nearly on every system btw. WED is outdated? Sure it is. But better outdated then flooded with a horror amount of options and buttons.
"But in Unity (for example) i can buy scripts and stuff in the assetstore all ready to use"...then i ask why not simply buying a game and playing it while saying, ahhh i made this.
Another thing is, prototyping projects with 3dgs ( if u know what to do ) is mega-fast. Of course "leightweight" means there are Pro and Contras, its that simple.

If your passion is leveldesign (4ex) and u dont like to code stuff, Acknex is pure pain in the ass missing nearly all today normal features.

This is my personal point of view.
The step for 3dgs beeing more interesting for new users isnt thaaaaaaaaaaat big. At least its possible for Conitec. Maybe they making Money with Zorro just to invest it into A9 development again grin haha
Crossplatform, massive WED update, new good and fast shaders and a "bit more" updates here and there.

The following is not meant to the thread-starter, its meant global and i dont want to offend anybody:
If everybody would work with 3dgs that much as "3dgs-is-dead"-threads are written, a lot of projects would be flying around here ^^

Iam sure, at least i hope, for JCL 3dgs isnt dead now and wont die "that" soon.
Well if your up to the next AAA FPS Acknex isnt the choice, but it never was and never wanted to be!

Problem now is missing users and/or projects. Guess from Conitec's point of view its not very attractive to invest much money right now. On the other hand investing money would attract new users. The dog bits its own tail here.
Of course good 3d projects u cant do on the fly. They take years to grow. BlackJack and everybody else around here knows, iam sure.

And as long as updates come, even small ones, Acknex is pumping blood through the veins of 3DGS!

Missing regular updates sucks hard. Absolutly true.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 07/14/16 21:51. Reason: was it the cat or the dog? :D

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de