by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VoroneTZ, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip), 918 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Gamebox -> Achievements, media and avatars [App + Template] #448136
01/21/15 08:36
01/21/15 08:36
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
ENGLISH
Hi community! laugh
I want to present you a small project called Gamebox.
Users can earn achievements, models and media (like music) in games. They can set their avatar and watch their rewards as well as using the global currency, GPoints, to buy stuff in games with GPoints earned in other games.
Developers may implant Gamebox into their projects. I made a simple template script using Lite-C. Using this script, you can call the Gamebox functions like a simple Message, an achievement with model, a new song from the soundtrack or add / remove GPoints.
You can download Gamebox Application and Template here: http://gbox-main.jimdo.com/downloads
It would be an honor if you'd use the script in one of your projects. tongue

DEUTSCH / GERMAN
Guten Tag. laugh
Nach einigen mal mehr und mal weniger sinnvollen Einschlägen mit dem Projekt kann ich endlich eine fertige Version präsentieren. Wie schon in anderen Threads erwähnt handelt es sich hierbei um ein Programm, in welchem Spieler Achievements mit Modellen oder Lieder durchsehen können. Zusätzlich gibt es noch die GPoints, welche eine globale Währung darstellen und somit auch über mehrere Spiele hinweg verwendet werden können.
Entwickler können das ganze mit einem simplen Template-Script in ihr Spiel einbauen.
Features im Überblick:
- Globale Währung (GPoints)
- Achievements mit Modellen (.mdl)
- Sound / Musik-Dateien (.ogg)
- Der Spieler kann seinen Avatar setzen, welcher wiederum in die Spiele der Entwickler übernommen werden kann
- Simple Verwendung des template-scripts durch einfaches aufrufen von Funktionen.

Hier könnt ihr euch das ganze ansehen: http://gbox-main.jimdo.com/downloads

Re: Gamebox -> Achievements, media and avatars [App + Template] [Re: Gamingtypen] #448138
01/21/15 08:52
01/21/15 08:52
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Would you want any form of critique on this?

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Gamebox -> Achievements, media and avatars [App + Template] [Re: WretchedSid] #448140
01/21/15 08:54
01/21/15 08:54
F
FEL Offline
FEL  Offline
F

Hihihihi its jimDooooooooo :3

FEL - Lead Game Designer & Core Developer
Re: Gamebox -> Achievements, media and avatars [App + Template] [Re: FEL] #448144
01/21/15 10:30
01/21/15 10:30
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
@FEL Yeah, Jimdo :3 Thats because I'm too lazy to program a website for this project with HTML now. I just took it because there are only a few ads and the download function.
@WretchedSin
I'm not sure, what I want. I just wanted to publish the template script so everyone could use it. I made this project for my own games once.

The project may be bad, that depends on your perspective. But it does what its supposed to do.

Re: Gamebox -> Achievements, media and avatars [App + Template] [Re: Gamingtypen] #448152
01/21/15 17:04
01/21/15 17:04
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Sid's asking if you want criticism because the reality is that this template is so small and featureless that nobody would probably ever want to use it.

It's also pretty poorly constructed, but given how short and small it is (much of the code is just definitions...) you could say that's just a matter of opinion.

BUT... this is a good exercise! And who knows, somebody else may in fact get some use out of it.

Years ago I would (on occasion) take snippets of code like this to integrate into my own projects, either because I was being lazy or I wanted to try putting somebody else's work in my own thing. And everybody who's ever programmed anything HAS built projects as dumb as these and quite dumber too. (When I was 11-ish I used some click-together program to make a shell that ran on top of windows... man it was awful, but it was fun to make. Felt like I was building my own OS! What a genius!)

So the point is: don't be discouraged by jerks like him and me when we try to take a shit on your stuff, because we are shitting on our past selves equally as much when we shit on you, and at the end of the day it's not that relevant anyway. We are Shitlords by trade and passion (tm)

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Gamebox -> Achievements, media and avatars [App + Template] [Re: Redeemer] #448164
01/22/15 06:43
01/22/15 06:43
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
Thanks for your objective oppinion, Redeemer. laugh
Yes, I had a lot of fun doing this. The template script is just there to create the files, the main program reads them.

How I said, I won't continue this project because I see it as finished. I just wanted to offer it, maybe anyone will learn from it.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de