by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Script editor #420199
03/21/13 04:41
03/21/13 04:41
Mexico
S
sabgto Offline OP
sabgto  Offline OP
S

Mexico
I'm having problems with the script editor. In some files it does not save the changes. Where does zorro save the scripts ?. I can not find them. They are not in the 'Strategy' directory. I was working ok for a few days but now I have the 'save' problem. With the help of 'note pad' I backed up my scripts into a directory external to Zorro. Desinstalled zorro and complitly ereased the zorro directory. Then reinitialized my pc and installed zorro again. I didn't restaured my scripts to zorro\strategy but when I executed zorro, sorprise!, they were in the script pop down window and with the 'Edit' button I could make changes to them but again I can not save this changes.

I already had have this problem in the past but because the virus and so on I frecuently restore my pc with a clean backup and the problem goes away when I install zorro again.

It seems to me that the problem is with the script editor. I searched in the forum for a similar problem but I didn't find a post. If someone had have this problem or knows a solution, please comment me. I use win7. In order to continue working with zorro, tomorrow I'm going to restore my pc.

By the way, congratulation to jcl and all the zorro development team. I use zorro only to test strategies and I trade manualy but I think it's a great system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by sabgto; 03/21/13 04:44.
Re: Script editor [Re: sabgto] #420211
03/21/13 10:13
03/21/13 10:13
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
The script editor is just a normal text editor, so it works just like any other program that edits files. For saving you must select "Save" in the file menu or click the small disk icon.

When you select "Save As", you can choose a folder where this file is saved. Normally it's the "Strategy" folder, but you can save it in any other folder on your PC. When saving, the editor stores a backup in the sed_backup folder.

The scripts in the Zorro scrollbox are taken from the "Strategy" folder. So all scripts there can be found in that folder and can be edited by clicking on the [Edit] button.

Check also the "ProgramData" folder on your PC. Some Windows versions redirect modified files there if you do not have access right to the "Programs" folder on your PC.

Re: Script editor [Re: jcl] #420246
03/21/13 20:11
03/21/13 20:11
Mexico
S
sabgto Offline OP
sabgto  Offline OP
S

Mexico
Thanks jcl. For some strange reason, the properties of the directory 'strategy' were changed and not allowed to modify the files into it. I corrected the problem and it seems that all is going ok.

Thanks again. Good work jcl.

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de