by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, dr_panther, 2 invisible), 1,056 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Complaining again! #419196
03/07/13 18:58
03/07/13 18:58
M
Mythran Offline OP
Mythran  Offline OP
M

I have said this once and i'll say it again!
3d Gamestudio has what it needs to be a great engine!
But it's still missing a terrain and objects tool that can import directly the objects. I dunno why spend time trying to get med better. Honestly it has crapy nagigation system and is missing the rotation on the selected objects. Any tool without this alone is already crap.
2nd I dont know why still using those blocks you can make on wed..
and why collision only works so well on them..
They're way to heavy to build a level with them, and you cant make any nice shapes with them..
3rd Not about the engine, i really think you should improve and alot on the assets store.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3853

This content alone in unity store beats by far all contents in 3d gamestudio!

I hope this time someone listens to this. Joozey? x)

Re: Complaining again! [Re: Mythran] #419201
03/07/13 19:33
03/07/13 19:33
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
The block system in WED is fantastic and very easy to use, esp. for beginners.
The collision system works the same on both models and blocks, at least since A6 (?).

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Complaining again! [Re: Superku] #419217
03/07/13 21:31
03/07/13 21:31
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
even UDK kept the block system for fast prototyping. I use it also for making model like objects within minutes.

some engines do not have such a model editor like MED at all, you have to own a 3rd party ones. it's a basic tool, not more. model file formats have to be converted in other engines too, but yes, it could be improved a bit... hopefully i new WED...

terrain editing and object manipulation in WED is not up-to-date at all, probably it is the reason of the development of a new one, hopefully ready soon (in this year grin ). for me it was not a problem as my original plan was to make my own game specific editor... anyway you can make realistic terrains by some free tools.

I don't understand the collision problems, it works fine for me. or you can use physx too.

a 3dgs asset store would be fine. I would make a lot of expensive content that you could buy grin unity is definetely an attracting product, but I would need the pro, whose price acceptable only from illegal sources.

it's not a perfect engine, but I have very different problems with 3dgs than you, like a missing quality shader set that works smoothly, integrated navmesh pathfinder (a 3rd party tool is under development fortunately), and the overpriced pro edition that has some great features I would like to see in the commerical edition.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de