by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,266 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Normals Mapping Problem #33961
09/26/04 15:50
09/26/04 15:50
TX
Evil_Level_Designer Offline OP
Evil_Level_Designer  Offline OP

TX
I've been trying to get the Drew Normals Turorial to work but i seem to keep having problems with it. I follow it step by step , but when i load wed and run it , i see some dark purple like color on the model in some areas and cant really see the normal map being applied. I tectured the model in Max using a basic 1024x1024 skin jpg with a cylyndrical uvw modifier applied , then i added a avw unwrap , and flattened the map , saved, collapsed the modifier stacks , and made a copy of it , applied the multi res modeifier, brought it down to 3400 polys , and added the render normals and rendered the skin 2 you see in the pics. I had tried it before withough adding the extra uvw unwrap modifier and just adding a uvw modifier with box mapping and fit applied, but with that i had an even worst result. I'm wondering if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong , since i followed the tutorial step by step. my comp is an Atholon XP 2400 with a geforce FX 5200 Ultra 128 MB, I was starting to think maybe it was my card , but then i loaded up the crate models included in the tutorial in WED , switced the man model with the crate , and it looks perfectly fine , with normal mapping working just like its suppossed to. If anyone has any idea why this isnt working lmk , any help is appreciated. btw , the reason u see 9 FPS is because i had Dual View enabled and was running one movie with Tv out , and had another one Paused behind GameStudio. Here's some pics so you all can see what everything is looking like.

http://demonicdynasty.netfirms.com/temp/temp.html

Re: Normals Mapping Problem [Re: Evil_Level_Designer] #33962
09/27/04 08:44
09/27/04 08:44
TX
Evil_Level_Designer Offline OP
Evil_Level_Designer  Offline OP

TX
Anyone ?

Moderated by  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de