by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (ozgur, Quad), 880 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dejobaan move to Unity #385619
10/20/11 22:21
10/20/11 22:21
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Here it is. Official. It makes sense, though -- they want to put their games on Macs.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: JibbSmart] #385624
10/20/11 23:14
10/20/11 23:14
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

(Iphone also it seems !)
But why putting that news in Tools section ? It's some companiy just using another engine, it doesn't talk about tools ??
It should be on Off Topic , not here !

And it's not some extraordinary news also , i don't see what it is extraordinary, they are not bounded to 3DGS in any terms , they are free t ??

And he 's good at doing little good little shooting games, you can't compare these min games even if work and design have been put on them to the amount of work needed for Supercan game laugh !
So for me it's not an "incredible" company that should deserve lot of attention even if they do well (perhaps because i find their games too much casual laugh ??) !

Last edited by ratchet; 10/20/11 23:20.
Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: ratchet] #385625
10/20/11 23:23
10/20/11 23:23
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Quote:
And he 's good at doing little good little shooting games, you can't compare these min games even if work and design have been put on them to the amount of work needed for Supercan game

Mini games? Are you serious? Aaaaa! is probably the best gamestudio game ever made and Supercan is a joke against it. It's a pity they leave acknex because they've been some of the best game designers here on the forum.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: Superku] #385627
10/20/11 23:38
10/20/11 23:38
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
Originally Posted By: Superku
Aaaaa! is probably the best gamestudio game ever made and Supercan is a joke against it. It's a pity they leave acknex because they've been some of the best game designers here on the forum.

+1

They are also the only guys I can think of, that have real success.

Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: Superku] #385628
10/20/11 23:39
10/20/11 23:39
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
But why putting that news in Tools section ? It's some companiy just using another engine, it doesn't talk about tools ??
It should be on Off Topic , not here !
Because it's Dejobaan -- they're well-known in the Indie scene (not just by GS users, either; I've seen them mentioned in Extra Punctuation, Australian PC magazines, random comments from RPS readers who think of Dejobaan every time they see a creative press release). They've used GS to develop Inago Rage, Epidemic Groove, The Wonderful End of the World (possibly the first GS game to be released on Steam, but I could be wrong), Aaaaa (very well known), 1... 2... 3... KICK IT (unreleased)...

Secondly, it's Unity. A competitor product. The big competitor product. Have you seen the forum description? "Competitor products & game development tools". If this thread gets more than a few replies it'll likely be because it'll turn into a Unity vs GS thread, or at least a discussion on why a developer would make the switch (and why a developer wouldn't).

Supercan is great and all, but outside of Turkey if you tell someone you're using A7/A8 and they ask for any examples of games using that engine, you're better off saying "Almost any PC game by Dejobaan!" than "Supercan". Besides, Supercan is a very short promotional game, whereas Aaaaa... has many hours of play time and is quite well known.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: Superku] #385629
10/20/11 23:43
10/20/11 23:43
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Sorry, but the design of AAAAAaa remains simple.
If someone would ask you make me some Ruins level like in Uncharted game, it's another story and level of work like :
- Big work of Photo soruces research
- textures making
- textures extraction from photo
- color /luminosity correction, detail changing etc ...

Really anyone could make such simple cubes and textures ...
Well i don't like their game it's my right no ? i can say i'm not attracted at all ??
I could say same thing about other indie games :Plant Vs Zombies etc ... etc ... there are titles, i don't feel any attraction , it's like that, each people have is own taste !
(Never played the demo if it has one , never been interested)

And not ot make a flame war ... :), but i think SuperCan can be lot more the product that could advertise the best A8 and it's capabilities than AAaaaa game !
(Don't be so fanatic or blinded about AAaaaa game, life strenght is diversity , different tastes, different opinions laugh )

Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: ratchet] #385631
10/20/11 23:47
10/20/11 23:47
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Quote:

No, it's not about creating those cubes, the problem is finding such a great and simplistic and esp. coherent style.

Aaaaa!: Finalist, IGF 2010, Excellence in Design

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: Superku] #385633
10/21/11 00:23
10/21/11 00:23
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

I agree !

But there's more need in terms of design than hard texture , 3D Sculpting , animation , level design hard work laugh
Something that also ask good design.
SuperCan have also a great design and research put on, it not have been simple put some models here and here !

Yes Finalist, but sorry, once again it means nothing for me !
If i had to vote i would have done it for some FPS or RPG instead !
it's like saying to hard core gamers playing Modern Warfare to vote for a an MMO. A Lot won't care !

Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: ratchet] #385673
10/21/11 19:32
10/21/11 19:32
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Originally Posted By: ratchet
Well i don't like their game it's my right no ? i can say i'm not attracted at all ??

it is out of question that there's no accounting for tastes
However you are wrong when saying that everybody can make a simple "cube and textures " game
As usual a game for you is only graphics
In my opinion what really matters is the gameplay
Nowadays everybody can develop a game with decent graphics , thanks to the modern editors and the literaly thousands models and scenes which are available on the web
The main problem , particulary at an Indie level, is to find an originl idea for your gameplay as well as to have the programming skill to turn your idea into a code (templatea are not enough wink )

Re: Dejobaan move to Unity [Re: AlbertoT] #385700
10/22/11 10:41
10/22/11 10:41
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
I totally disagree here!
Ideas are cheap and everyone has tons and tons of them.

Being able to turn a plan or an idea into a working game by investing time, effort and pain divides dreamers from game makers.
Dejobaan games might be simple or better said "achievable" but they went beyond talking about creating games to actually create the games. Huge difference!
Making games is plain and simple: work....lots and lots of work.

I see the point why unity might be more attractive to them then GS and I think right now this might be a smart change (until gs closes this gap maybe).

Good luck and cheers!!!

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de