by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,135 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Programmer needed for small A6 game - Paid? perhaps #381086
08/24/11 07:17
08/24/11 07:17
Just down the road from Raven
BlueBeast Offline OP
Serious User
BlueBeast  Offline OP
Serious User

Just down the road from Raven
Hello there,

I can make levels, models and some effects, but i need a programmer to make the basic scrpting for a game. I only have the Pro version in A6, and it must be something I can publish for distribution, so A6 it is. the Templte scripts would actually be a good start for this, as this game will be very simple, and cater to the casual or 'young children' crowd.

I'm not looking for a triple A title, nor am i looking to create anything much beyond simple amusement.

It will be an FPS shooter, and the object is to shoot as many objects for as many points as possible within a time limit. kinda like how 'Asteroids' is the same, but gets faster with more asteroids as the game progresses.

in this case, each level will be a different theme, but the same goal.

Basically each level will be the same scripts but different content and faster moving objects as each new level starts.

I can change the assets and variables as needed.

How I envision it:

an object, like a UFO overhead, slowly follows a path from point A to point B for a given time period. (i am at this point, thinking about 5 minutes)

As it moves along it spawns objects that drop to the ground where they can be shot for points. These objects can move around randomly so as not to be easy targets. like, little robots as an example. they will not shoot, and the player will never suffer any damage. Also, every nth spawning may be an object worth more points than the standard object, which moves faster, or may be smaller.

A Save/Load option is needed too for between levels. Like an acheivment list, but can be accessed from the 'Load Game'

Also an option to Restart a level (if they want to explore that level more)

The game's purpose is purely to accquire points. By shooting the moving and breakable objects and collecting the points. So a person's aiming skills will be important.

The player will be able to walk around at leisure where they may find breakable objects which may contain extra points by picking up items, like gems or coins that were inside. But the time limit will tne the same no matter how many points they get.

There may be ocassional power-ups that allow faster firing rate or double points for a limited time.

It's players choice to explore or shoot the objects for points or both, but all within the alloted time frame. there may even be secret doors or methods to go to a secret level, after which, they would return to restart the level they found the secret entrance in.

I will try to express all the needs here in some sort of order...

//- Splash screen Not needed, I used scripts from my previous games
- Start Menu which has *Start Game / *Load Game /*Quit Game
- ESCape key creates popup asking to confirm
- Whenever the player hits the 'M' key, a menu pops up with instructions for the game (available throughout the game)
- WASD movement with crosshair and unlimited ammunition
- HUD showing score and countdown timer
- Starting a level there's a 5 second countdown to start
- Then the UFO starts to move and dropping objects to the ground (maybe if they are shot while still in the air, they can be worth more points)
- UFO continues along path and spawning for x amount of time.
- Countdown timer would be nice
- When time is up, a popup showing the Level score/ *Continue Game/ *Restart Level /*Quit game
- If Continue - go to next level ... if Restart level, they can play the level again
- Scores will be on a per level basis and don't carry on to the next level
- Each new level the moving objects move faster than the previous level and or are smaller.

I am open to any suggestions of course

That's pretty much it I guess. As for pay, I'm not rich, but throw some numbers at me if you're able to help, I may only be able to do between $50 - $100, but of course would like help from anyone who just wants to work on a project for fun lol

I am also available for contact at bluebeast440@hotmail.com

Thanks!
- Jason

Last edited by BlueBeast; 08/24/11 19:42.

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com
Re: Programmer needed for small A6 game - Paid? perhaps [Re: BlueBeast] #387467
11/19/11 04:01
11/19/11 04:01
DestroyTheRunner Offline
DestroyTheRunner  Offline

Hi BlueBeast I think we can make a deal.

Im a programmer (a little bit rusty but nothing to worry) and I need a artist, or someone who can make levels(not a lot because I can make some too), but my major problem is 3d models and animations, because I have a bigger(not huge but big) project in mind but it wonīt be possible to achieve if I donīt find an artist.

As Im not rich too, and my project is not initially 'commercial'(but in later versions it might be) so I canīt pay an artist.

For what I read and understood from what youīve written, I can make the programming of your game as long as you take care of the graphics part.

Long story short, I can program your game and you make some models (or maybe some levels) for my game. So you donīt need to pay me anything and I wonīt pay you.

Think about it and see if you are interested in this work exchange.
ps. thereīs still some details that I want to show you if you are interested.

Thanks laugh

Re: Programmer needed for small A6 game - Paid? perhaps [Re: DestroyTheRunner] #387725
11/22/11 18:02
11/22/11 18:02
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
BlueBeast PM me, I'll work 4 free if I'll get interested. Can work with A7 com, can even publish project with it.

Edit: made post more clear.

Last edited by 3run; 11/23/11 16:16.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Programmer needed for small A6 game - Paid? perhaps [Re: 3run] #387772
11/23/11 13:34
11/23/11 13:34
DestroyTheRunner Offline
DestroyTheRunner  Offline

alright pm sent.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de