by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (alibaba, 7th_zorro, AndrewAMD, 2 invisible), 1,030 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: parallax issue [Re: JibbSmart] #376604
07/04/11 22:47
07/04/11 22:47
mireazma Offline OP
mireazma  Offline OP

Ok. I've run the shader test like 10 times and I did what JibbSmart and painkiller said about isolating the faces. Now I get what Jibb meant about the smooth shades. They vanished after the isolation. The lighting looks pretty good now. In fact, it would be perfect, better yet than xNormal, if it weren't for the darn direction.
After intensively rotating the object in every possible way and position, I came to notice that the parallax left-right scrolling corresponds to tilting instead of panning and vice-versa -- when panning the object, the texture is scrolled vertically.
I took a look inside the .fx and I understand about 10%. I discovered where to edit the strength of the effect but I can't locate the pan and tilt thing, no matter what.

ERROR in communism.cpp, line 0:
#include<god.h>
was fatally missed.
Re: parallax issue [Re: mireazma] #376959
07/08/11 01:34
07/08/11 01:34
mireazma Offline OP
mireazma  Offline OP

I took the time to study shaders in the past few days and I figured out what to modify in 3DGS default parallax shader. I changed a couple of things in there and it straightened quite a bit. I swapped x and y for the view in tangent space and inverted the heightmap interpretation but it's still buggy:

As you can see, the offsetting looks a little rotated and wobbly (?!). Notice the road wheels, also the narrowing along the bottom of the track and the little wheels from the top.
Would somebody give me a hand, please? Making games was supposed to be fun (well generally, except for making money which is not my case) but frustration took over for the last week because I encountered a problem which letting aside I'm not responsible of, but it's damn hard to correct. So, if somebody would be kind to tell me how is it working on your PC, or if you have a better parallax shader to give away or an idea but the one to let go of parallax.

#include<god.h>
was fatally missed.
Re: parallax issue [Re: mireazma] #378002
07/18/11 21:48
07/18/11 21:48
mireazma Offline OP
mireazma  Offline OP

Another 10 days have past without any solution whatsoever. I couldn't find a working HLSL parallax shader, nor could get to the bottom of the one built-in.
What's up with this mystery around the parallax shader? It's like some tabu thing that makes everybody uncomfortable. I really don't get it.

Anybody who knows shaders or really anybody at all, can help me get out of this one?

Last edited by mireazma; 07/18/11 21:50.

#include<god.h>
was fatally missed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de