Since nobody replied, I dug a little deeper and figured out how to do it myself. Here is the code for how to get a maximized window at the correct resolution without overlapping the start menu/taskbar.

Code:
var desktop_size_x;
var desktop_size_y;

void main()
{....
desktop_size_x = sys_metrics(16);
desktop_size_y = sys_metrics(17);	video_set(desktop_size_x,desktop_size_y,0,0);	video_window(NULL,NULL,244,"thingy");
on_resize = do_maximize;
}

the sys_metrics 16 and 17 will get the resolution and automatically remove the taskbar and title bars for the correct resolution.
Video_window has to have the resizing border as well as the title bar to work properly.
I have the on_resize to keep the window always maximized since I will have panels that wouldn't show and the resolution would change and I don't want to have to resize the engine every time.
Anyway, this is my update if anyone would find it useful.

Original post:

I am using the maximize code:
ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_MAXIMIZE);
I would prefer it not to cover the start/taskbar.
I am also using the following to have the correct resolution:
{
var desktop_size_x;
var desktop_size_y;
desktop_size_y = sys_metrics(1)-sys_metrics(55);
video_set(desktop_size_x,desktop_size_y,0,0);
}

So basically I need to raise the lower end of the window while maximized and need the sys_metrics code too.

right now it also seems to be up a little higher than the top of the bar cutting some of the icon off.

I will also need it to not be movable to restore, the way windows 7 does it. basically make it like a regular program window maximized without any other option but to minimize or close, no resize or restore.

thanks

Last edited by Nicholas; 06/28/11 15:32.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.