by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,086 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS #372015
05/27/11 09:13
05/27/11 09:13
Brazil - São Paulo
Ericmor Offline OP
Ericmor  Offline OP

Brazil - São Paulo
Hi people,
I just finished converting a large C-script project, but the game runs into a bug: it gaves me a "Error E1315 - script crash in SYS", and instead of loading the intro level it shows me a black screen (with part of the GUI on it!).
In the manual, they say to look for corrupt nonexitent pointers using sys_marker instructions...
I already raised the warn_level to 6, but no avail.
Does anyone has some tips of how to use this sys_marker? Any info of how to hunt down the E1513 error is welcome, since the alternative is to re-create 20000 lines of code...
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: Ericmor] #372175
05/29/11 19:34
05/29/11 19:34
Budapest
Aku_Aku Offline
User
Aku_Aku  Offline
User

Budapest
I would try to debug with a lot of breakpoints...

Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: Aku_Aku] #372178
05/29/11 19:47
05/29/11 19:47
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Just a possibility:

I had such script crashes, too. In my case, it had to do with ressource management. My levels needed to much memory. I reduced the entity count and compressed all textures to DDS. Now the error is gone.
From my experience, the Acknex engine crashes by "E1513 - Script crash in SYS" or "D3D - out of memory" on loading too big levels.
Just optimize them, use DDS, reduce the entity count.

Edit: No, this is not nonsense. I`ve got an example here that clearly shows the problem. The E1513s only appear when my levels come to a certain memory size - and only after certain level changes on loading levels. The errors have gone completely since I optimized the levels. And it`s 100% the same script. I didn`t change anything.

Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: Rondidon] #372202
05/30/11 01:33
05/30/11 01:33
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Sorry, that is pure nonsense. E1513 is a script crash. This has nothing to do with too much texture memory, to many entities or somehting like this.
Originally Posted By: The mighty manual
A function of your script crashed. The usual suspects are accessing an empty pointer, dividing by 0, or trying to do something with a nonexistent object. Crash errors are only indicated in the development engine. The distributable version will not issue an error message, but just try to recover from the error, and if this is not possible, exit the program. The name of the erroneous function is displayed, followed by the 3-character sys_marker, so the error should be easy to find in your script. If you get a crash right at startup or level loading, a damaged sound, image, or model file might be the reason. Another possible reason is a wrong setting of the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) in your Windows system configuration that prevents running scripts.

Remove parts of your script and see if the error is still happening. If removal of a certain piece of script fixed it you know you have to look into that piece. While at start you should remove larger pieces over time you can narrow down your search scope.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: Uhrwerk] #372204
05/30/11 06:54
05/30/11 06:54
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
It is nonsense.
Afaik you´ll shuffle the pointers / adresses when you change anything in the level. So the chance is big that the error won´t pop up again, but the real reason for the crash isn´t eliminated.

no science involved
Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: fogman] #372207
05/30/11 07:20
05/30/11 07:20
Brazil - São Paulo
Ericmor Offline OP
Ericmor  Offline OP

Brazil - São Paulo
Thanks everybody, but it´s still puzzling me...
The only solution i see it´s to have a deeeep breath and start the ENTIRE PROJECT ALL OVER AGAIN.
...or something like that: i´m more or less "copying" each function, action and var inside a new project, and little-by-little reassembling and optmizing the entire basic code structure.
The original was messy anyway... so far, i only had the guts to add a single scenario model and the main character model, and work trough the initial 3th person camera and starting character gravity.
This IS a big step, since A8 uses a new and improved physic system... it´s more or less the same thing i was plannig to do (re-write most of the code logic), but in a more sad state.
Since it´s a early stage of re-writing the entire code, i´ll try to focus on creating a single gravity function for all NPC´s and objects (maybe it can affect player models too), and implement the system menus and PAUSE functions when the code is still at it´s initial steps.
But in truth, even after thinking that i´m so depressed that i barelly had enough in me to put on paper all the core functions i wanted...
1st, 3th person cameras/event cameras,optmized gravity, object focus on-screen description, 3d resolution idependant inventory system and system menus, equipment sytem, doors and keys, chests and containers, npc dialogue system and cutscenes, combat, scene position and level object management, experience and status system, shopping menus, buttons and mechanisms, NPC script behavior and cutscene management.
Magic system, NPC companions,ladders and ropes, mounts and craft/building where also added to the wish list laugh
I think that´s may be the right time to start a DEV blog?

Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: Ericmor] #372223
05/30/11 12:41
05/30/11 12:41
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Just a quick thought: Have you tried settting PRAGMA_ZERO ? Local variables used to be initialized under C-Script but are no longer under Lite-C. Just add '#define PRAGMA_ZERO' at the beginning of your script. If that helps you can be sure you somewhere forgot to intialize a variable.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Error E1513 - Script crash in SYS [Re: Uhrwerk] #372284
05/31/11 03:09
05/31/11 03:09
Brazil - São Paulo
Ericmor Offline OP
Ericmor  Offline OP

Brazil - São Paulo
Thanks for the tip Uhrwerk, but no... PRAGMA ZERO was one of the first solutions i´ve tried, and didn´t changed a thing - in any case, re-assembling the structure might be a good start, since the old code became bugged in many functions over the latest versions (doors stopped working properly, spawned money from monsters didn´t went to the inventory, etc).

Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de