by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 1,374 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Looking For Experienced Flash (AS3), JavaScript, XML, Etc - Paid #371060
05/17/11 18:07
05/17/11 18:07
USA
RealSerious3D Offline OP
RealSerious3D  Offline OP

USA
Steel Beach and Real Serious Media are looking for talent for a possible 12 month contract beginning July 1st. We will be creating new content as well as editing existing content for education (at the university level). Work will be 40 hours per week for 12 months with US government holidays off. Work should be from home using your own equipment and software.

We are looking for people with the following skill sets:

Intermediate Technical Skills:

Adobe Flash CS4 (including AS3 and possibly editing AS1 and AS2)
CSS
JavaScript
XML

Advanced Technical Skill:

HTML
Dreamweaver (CS4 or higher)
Fireworks (CS4 or higher)
Photoshop (CS4 or higher)
MS Office Applications (2010 or higher)
Browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc)
Learning Management Systems
Adobe Reader

Two years minimum experience required.

Please respond via PM with skill set. I will then provide an email address and phone number if you have any additional questions. A resume/CV will be required to be considered for this position. Compensation is between $15 and $18 per hour. 40 hours per week is anticipated for 12 months, excluding US holidays (approx. 2000 hours of work). We will need three people to fill this position.

Re: Looking For Experienced Flash (AS3), JavaScript, XML, Etc - Paid [Re: RealSerious3D] #371073
05/17/11 19:25
05/17/11 19:25
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Here is game indie forum ???

For your offer there are lot of specialized sites for experienced people working on web technologies !!!!!

Strange to post so such serious offer in 3DGS site ???
I don't think people here is using all that WEB languages and tools ! Even more a lot here are not really working in IT industry !!

-----------

I work in IT industry and i know about this domain , and i find really strange such offer here !

It looks really, like a strange offer that Conitec had to do some strange MMO some year ago laugh

smells bad !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ratchet; 05/17/11 19:27.
Re: Looking For Experienced Flash (AS3), JavaScript, XML, Etc - Paid [Re: ratchet] #371074
05/17/11 19:40
05/17/11 19:40
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
ratchet, please, just STFU laugh

And I btw don´t have the needed time, software and experience with flash to be of any help here laugh

Re: Looking For Experienced Flash (AS3), JavaScript, XML, Etc - Paid [Re: Slin] #371076
05/17/11 19:45
05/17/11 19:45
USA
RealSerious3D Offline OP

USA
Rachet,

Most people here know me (though under a different name) and I have been coming here since GameStudio was v3. I originally posted this in the Morbius section of the forum, but wanted to ensure people saw this, so posted it here as well.

Lastly, I realize that this is all about game development and GameStudio, but I also know that there are a lot of GameStudio developers that have talent and may be looking for work. Many who script with C-Script or Lite-C also have programming experience beyond this, to include things like JavaScript, XML, etc. So, why not offer work here.

The bottom line is this, Ratchet: If you don't want/need the work or think that this is "smells bad" then don't post, bugger off and go do your thing elsewhere.

Thank you.

Re: Looking For Experienced Flash (AS3), JavaScript, XML, Etc - Paid [Re: RealSerious3D] #371081
05/17/11 20:19
05/17/11 20:19
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
Too bad I'm already employed elsewhere as the pay seems good. Only thing that I don't have from that set is the fact I don't use Adobe's products, except flash and ActionScript.

It's interesting you've put HTML and Office to the advanced section.

(I will not remove this, although I don't like double posting.)

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: Looking For Experienced Flash (AS3), JavaScript, XML, Etc - Paid [Re: Inestical] #371082
05/17/11 20:24
05/17/11 20:24
USA
RealSerious3D Offline OP

USA
We are bidding on the work (and are a virtual shoe-in) with the state of Florida. They set the requirements and included HTML and Office as "advanced". As a result, so must we as we recruit for this project. I am supposing that they want advanced Office skills for more complex PowerPoint presentations used as labs and such. Quite a bit of the work is editing existing work, so the person would need to be able to read the code and make corrections.

I also thought "Adobe Reader" was silly to put as advanced, but we need to meet ALL of their criteria in order to land the bid. wink

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de