Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 831 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Any Muslims here? #369441
05/04/11 14:37
05/04/11 14:37
Cambridge
Joey Offline OP
Expert
Joey  Offline OP
Expert

Cambridge
Well, are there?

Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: Joey] #369443
05/04/11 15:00
05/04/11 15:00
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Yes?

Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: Quad] #369444
05/04/11 15:03
05/04/11 15:03
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
I'm a Muslim. Why are you asking? laugh

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: 3run] #369451
05/04/11 15:42
05/04/11 15:42
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I´m also muslim.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: alibaba] #369457
05/04/11 16:09
05/04/11 16:09
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
I want to know something. Just pure interest.

There are several fractions of Christianity, so i assume there are several fractions of Muslims aswell?

Some Christians consider Science to be Devils work and believe NOTHING science tells us, while others do. Some believe only the Bible is right while others say Maybe God might have pushed into the directions science tells us.

My question is, what do muslims believe? Do you believe in sciennce and if so, how do the contradictions to the Quran make you feel? And if not, how do you explain the things science has proven to be right?

Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: sPlKe] #369462
05/04/11 16:36
05/04/11 16:36
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Yeah, there are several (may say even a lot of) fractions (directions) in Islam as well.
We believe in one God (Allah) and all his prophets (Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) and all prophets before him and that all of them were human being as we are).
We believe in all Holly books (Quran an all books which were before it). We also believe in science, our religion tells us, to learn as much as possible.
But to learn not only science, but everything you can (which isn't sin of course), Islam says that religion is science and science is a religion as well.
About things which are proven by science, there are a lot of thing which were mentioned long time ago in Quran, are proved by science nowadays.
For example:
Quote:
Modern Science has discovered that in the places where two different seas meet, there is a barrier between them. This barrier divides the two seas so that each sea has its own temperature, salinity, and density. For example, Mediterranean sea water is warm, saline, and less dense, compared to Atlantic ocean water.

Quote:
The Holy Quran mentioned that there is a barrier between two seas that meet and that they do not transgress.
God has said:
He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress.
(Quran, 55:19-20)
But when the Quran speaks about the divider between fresh and salt water, it mentions the existence of "a forbidding partition" with the barrier.
God has said in the Quran:
He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. (Quran, 25:53)

Quote:
One may ask, why did the Quran mention the partition when speaking about the divider between fresh and salt water, but did not mention it when speaking about the divider between the two seas?

Modern science has discovered that in estuaries, where fresh (sweet) and salt water meet, the situation is somewhat different from what is found in places where two seas meet. It has been discovered that what distinguishes fresh water from salt water in estuaries is a "pycnocline zone with a marked density discontinuity separating the two layers."3 This partition (zone of separation) has a different salinity from the fresh water and from the salt water4.

Quote:

Longitudinal section showing salinity (parts per thousand ‰) in an estuary. We can see here the partition (zone of separation) between the fresh and the salt water. (Introductory Oceanography, Thurman, p. 301, with a slight enhancement.) (Click on the image to enlarge it.)

Quote:
This information has been discovered only recently, using advanced equipment to measure temperature, salinity, density, oxygen dissolubility, etc. The human eye cannot see the difference between the two seas that meet, rather the two seas appear to us as one homogeneous sea. Likewise, the human eye cannot see the division of water in estuaries into the three kinds: fresh water, salt water, and the partition (zone of separation).

This was taken from:
Miracle of The Quran on Seas and Rivers
As you can see, there is no much dispute between Islam and science.

Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: sPlKe] #369465
05/04/11 16:46
05/04/11 16:46
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Yes, there are different factions of the Islamic religion. The two biggest denominations of Islam are Shia Islam and Sunni Islam, although there are a few minor ones and of course there are some non-denominational Muslims out there that I don't know much about. There varying degrees of Muslims, just like all other religions, too; i.e. there are both radical Muslims and moderate Muslims. As far as I know, all of the Muslims on this forum are moderate. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Also as just a note (in reply to your assertion that science and religion contradict each other), it's always been my understanding that science and religion don't conflict as much as people think they do. On the contrary, science is simply a shared understanding of what humanity truly knows about the universe and religion is the grounded understanding that we have all decided for ourselves that allows us to fill in the real mysteries of the universe. The former (science) is therefore built on the latter (religion). It is also my understanding that (macro) evolution is not fact, since it doesn't have enough evidence to back itself up to be considered such. As it is, it's just the adopted belief of most modern scientists today.

For the record, I myself *do* believe in evolution to a certain point. There's no denying things like natural selection and micro evolution, in fact we have a lot of evidence and centuries of research that support those two things. They don't conflict with any creationist belief, so most Christians are actually happy to understand and believe these things. However, right now we don't have enough evidence for macro evolution to be considered fact. The little evidence we have uncovered so far can really go both ways depending upon your own base understanding, so in it's current state macro evolution doesn't prove any creation-based religion right or wrong.

Actually, and this is a tangent, but the supporters of evolution today still don't have much information as to how a creature could actually gain DNA information over time. The most popular idea so far is that the DNA of a creature will change when subjected to certain kinds of radiation, but we've never witnessed this in the real world and all of our studies so far have concluded that mutation of a creature's DNA will only result in lost information.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Yes, there are multiple factions of Islam, just like Christianity.

(I had some reservations about posting this. I really don't want to start any off-topic arguments, I don't have time for that. But if anyone wants to say anything to me that does NOT regard Islam, feel free to do so in another thread.)

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: Redeemer] #369475
05/04/11 18:35
05/04/11 18:35
Cambridge
Joey Offline OP
Expert
Joey  Offline OP
Expert

Cambridge
Just curious. I always wondered how much Christian and Muslim belief differ, e.g. what's your highest commandments?

Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: Joey] #369479
05/04/11 18:48
05/04/11 18:48
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Here you go bro:
The Ten Commandments

Re: Any Muslims here? [Re: 3run] #369482
05/04/11 19:01
05/04/11 19:01
Cambridge
Joey Offline OP
Expert
Joey  Offline OP
Expert

Cambridge
Where do you place them? In the bible the 10 commandments are in the old testament, while Jesus sais in the new one that there are two more important ones: love your next and love god.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite