by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,187 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store #368746
04/27/11 22:41
04/27/11 22:41
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
Soo, some of you might know that I'm a Apple Fanboy in reality (I just wear a Windows camouflage suite when I'm here) and because I'm not only a Apple Fanboy but also a programmer, I love to develop apps for the iPad and iPhone.

Usually just for other people because I believe that becoming rich through the AppStore is just a wet dream, but from time to time I also develop Apps just for me and for fun. This time, I actually finished the App and thought: Hey, its awesome, submit it to the App Store!

So what is it about? Its a finance tracking App designed for iPad and iPhone. Okay, you now might ask: Another one? Yep!
But not just a copy of something existing, because what always bothered me with the other apps (and believe me, I have tons of apps) is that they only work with one currency and one bank account. I mean, wtf?! I have a PayPal account, a bank account and a credit card, why do I need to merge them just for the app?
And I also love to buy stuff from Amazon UK and then I buy something for $10 from some site or so, I mean, why do I have to convert everything?!

Conclusion: There is a need for a App that solves this, I mean, its a magical touchscreen device, it should do the work for me not vice versa! And while ranting about the horrible apps with their crappy UI, I started to make my own, better, finance management App.
The result? Moneybag. A simple, elegant and powerful finance management app.

Here are a few screenshots of the App:

And here is the App Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moneybag/id430755208?mt=8

And because I love all of you, I'm giving away 10 promo codes (I have enough of them anyway)
Click to reveal..

94KHF679TYWJ
KWYNTLKATLKR
6REEN9M3MLTL
LN3PWNKR6794
X373N47HKX6N
7ANT6HKPPHKY
PY767JW7NE7L
7FLJHTKH79AA
333T3PA4XWK4
RAWH4N34XWA6

Comments anyone?

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store [Re: WretchedSid] #368749
04/28/11 00:17
04/28/11 00:17
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
Used 333T3PA4XWK4,
Thanks!

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #368868
04/29/11 01:42
04/29/11 01:42
VPrime Offline
Expert
VPrime  Offline
Expert

Thanks, I used RAWH4N34XWA6.

Installed it, quite nice I like the interface. I havent installed on my iPad yet, but does the data sync across platforms? Or is the iPad and iPhone handled separately?

edit: I tried leaving a review (in the Canadian appstore), but it doesn't seem to be working. Keep saying I dont own the app.. I'll try again later laugh

Last edited by VPrime; 04/29/11 01:47.
Re: Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store [Re: VPrime] #368880
04/29/11 07:00
04/29/11 07:00
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: VPrime
Installed it, quite nice I like the interface. I havent installed on my iPad yet, but does the data sync across platforms? Or is the iPad and iPhone handled separately?

The iPad and iPhone version are basically the same, beside the UI stuff. However, every device gets its very own key on a new install that is used to encrypt and decrypt the data so there is a small problem with transferring the data.
Currently there is no way to move one dataset from one device to another or to sync two devices, but I'm working on this. The problem is: I want to get it done right because the data that goes there over the air is a bit too sensitive for a "hacked in ten minutes together" solution.

Originally Posted By: VPrime
edit: I tried leaving a review (in the Canadian appstore), but it doesn't seem to be working. Keep saying I dont own the app.. I'll try again later laugh

Yep, thats a known "bug" with promo codes, you have to wat at least 48 hours before you can rate a App that you got via a promo code.

Re: Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store [Re: WretchedSid] #369064
05/01/11 08:28
05/01/11 08:28
VPrime Offline
Expert
VPrime  Offline
Expert

Been using this the past couple days to track me spending.. Working quite nicely.
I have a couple suggestions if you don't mind. laugh
1)While adding a value to a record I think there should be some sort of "OK" button. The back button does exactly this, but it wasn't very intuitive for me. (I originally thought the back button would cancel what I have done.
2)Add a value to the accounts to show the current fund in that account. So If I have 100 in my bank account, I can add that to the account. Any record I add will either add/minus to that.

Any ways liking the app... I really need to cut down on my spending frown

Re: Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store [Re: VPrime] #369116
05/01/11 19:17
05/01/11 19:17
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Used PY767JW7NE7L
But it doesnt`t work on my iPod Touch 1G because it needs iOS 4. Is there any way to make it work on iOs 3.3? I don`t want to use 4.0 for privacy reasons. Looks like a nice App.

Re: Moneybag - My iOS app in the App Store [Re: Rondidon] #369123
05/01/11 20:11
05/01/11 20:11
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
@VPrime: Good points, while I won't change the back buttons text, what about a arrow styled button that shows that it just goes "one screen" back in the hierarchy?

@Rondidon: Not possible, it uses a few 4.0 only classes and while they can be replaced, I also rely heavily on a new C language feature called blocks and some class functions that make use of them which was introduced in iOS 4.0. Sorry.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de