by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba, Konsti, 2 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
So "Last Window" (Hotel Dusk 2) is out #341691
09/19/10 12:48
09/19/10 12:48
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
And you haven't bought it yet, right?

Shame on you. But there's hope for you, since there's still copies avaible. If you're in America, then you'll have to import it from Europe, but let me tell you, it's worth it (and its region-free, so it works like a charm).

It's oh-so-worth it. You don't have a DS? Well, buy one and get this game (don't worry, there's plenty of great games avaible for the DS)!

What kind of game is this?
It's an awesome game, that's what it is! It focuses on story and characters, with a puzzle or two thrown in for good measure. Those always make sense (and there are hints avaible if you get stuck, which you probably won't, since you're obviously smart given that you buy this game). You move through the gameworld, investigate your surroundings and handle puzzles all via touchscreen. Of course, focus lies on the dialogs, and those are great, too. Dialogs are well-written* and characters never say something out of place. The atmosphere of the game is incredible and the artstyle is simply beautiful.

What is the game about?
On the last few days of the year 1980, protagonist Kyle Hyde tries to uncover the truth behind a web of lies surrounding the "Scarlet star" and the former Hotel Cape West - now an apartment complex that's due for demolition. And what exactly do the people living there hide...?

Who made the game?
Cing did. Cing has filed for bankruptcy, and it is unknown at this point what happens to them.
The way it looks now, they most likely won't make any other games, certainly not games like this. Which is a shame, because there's few things like it (I'd still say "nothing like it", but I don't want a discussion about this). Instead, we get World War 2 games. Great jobs, you idiots. You bought the wrong games. Now we're stuck with them. Sheesh.

So if I like Hotel Dusk, I will like this?
Yup. You'll love this, in fact. It's great. Play it. Buy it now. Do it. You know you want to.

I only have an attention span of about one second. Will I still like... Oooh, look, a bird!
No. Buy it anyway so they get the message that these kinds of games should continue to exist.

Will we ban everyone on this forum that doesn't buy this game?
Dear god, I hope so.

--

You may now talk about how great this game is. Thank you for your attention, and buy the game now.

---
* I'm playing through the german version, so I can't promise the same for the english lines. However, if the predecessor is any indicitation, then the dialog is awesome.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: So "Last Window" (Hotel Dusk 2) is out [Re: Error014] #341740
09/19/10 20:25
09/19/10 20:25
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Knowing your opinions have solid mass on factual grounds, I might even buy it.
But I suppose I need to play Hotel Dusk 1 first then ^^.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: So "Last Window" (Hotel Dusk 2) is out [Re: Joozey] #341742
09/19/10 20:38
09/19/10 20:38
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
Hotel Dusk is one of the best games I ever played, the story line and the atmosphere were so amazing good, really, a must play if you want to dive into a fantastic world with a great story and dialogues!

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: So "Last Window" (Hotel Dusk 2) is out [Re: Liamissimo] #341802
09/20/10 18:07
09/20/10 18:07
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Well, you can't go wrong with playing Hotel Dusk 1 first. It's an amazing game, and not too hard to find, and if you're interested in this game, then you can't go wrong with Hotel Dusk 1.

However, there is no need to play the first game before this one - the story hints at a few things from there, but you don't need any knowledge of the first game to enjoy this, so if you can't find it, or would like to enjoy the little tweaks they added to this game (which aren't that many), then just go ahead and play this.

Oh, did I mention that while you play, the current actions of the game are added to a complete novel in the game? It's said that those contents even change depending on what you do. So you can always read that novel to remember what happened (but there is a much shorter "tl;dr"-version avaible, too, which I honestly prefer).

I can't praise the game enough. I'm not done with it yet, but honestly, if it were to only display "You're an asshole" at this point and make my DS explode, taking parts of my body with it, I'd still think that it's a great game and I'd still recommend it. I love how it keeps you in the dark with most things for so long (of course, all things are revealed... I guess? They did that in the first game :P), and I love how it's impossible to guess what happens next and who's behind all that mysterious stuff that happens, and I love how this game is able to make even the most unusual characters likeable. (All that is something that you can say for the first game, too, by the way)

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: So "Last Window" (Hotel Dusk 2) is out [Re: Error014] #341805
09/20/10 18:23
09/20/10 18:23
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

The only game I'd actually buy a new hardware for, is a pinball table. In fact I already did so.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de