by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (degenerate_762, AndrewAMD), 877 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Looking for 2D and 3D Artists! #336314
08/03/10 00:09
08/03/10 00:09
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
greetz,
as of today, we are lookinf ro 2D and 3D artists.
we, in that case, would be rey_ayanami and myself.
for the last few months (or longer :p) we were working on an point and click adventure.
it is 3D and in 1st person. basically, you run around in 1st person in this giant building and try to solve puzzles to unlock its secret.

its basic point and click adventure, mixed with ALOT of reading and some horror elements. there is NO FIGHTING and we tried to create a sense of isolation, thus there are no dialogue scenes.

the game is, well, its as good as complete. everything works more or less well, levels, code, music, everything is in place and all in all its a completed game. the only thing missing are the graphics, and this is where you come into play.

what you need to do:
2D artists create sprites and panels in transparent PNG format. that means you NEED to know how to save PNGs for web and devices (duh). you will create the panel graphics and ingame sprites for the entire game. this includes particles for flames and dust.

3D artists create models with skins for the game. models would range from basic environments like chairs and bookshelfs to more complex humanoid creatures. animation would be preffered but is NOT needed. all models should be low poly, yet as detailed as possible, since we want to provide an experience even people with low end systems can enjoy. we provide you with various textures that would aid you in creating the skins in an appropriate style.

PAYMENT is something i cannot provide, simply because im broke as hell. i can, however, provide you with some work of my own. that includes plot, sound effects, some music (to a degree), basic level design (layout, design) and of course credits.
in case we actually find a publisher (i already published two comercial games) and the game sells, you would get payed, however, DO NOT count on it, since in the indie market its hard to survive.

last but not least, i only need people who can actually commit to something and finish a job in time. we worked hard and long on this project and you must understand that neither rey nor me want to see it fail because you are too lazy to do what you promised.

if you can and want to help us, please do so. we will provide you with everything you need to know.
unfortunately, we cannot accept help from newcomers to the scene. because we simply cant teach you anything at this point (time... we dont have it) so you should bring some sort of experience with you laugh

i hope (but doubt) to hear from anyone because frankly, we need the help.

Re: Looking for 2D and 3D Artists! [Re: sPlKe] #342681
09/30/10 00:19
09/30/10 00:19
R
roflmaster Offline
roflmaster  Offline
R

i can help....pm me with anything i can do

3D Modeler & 2D Artist

www.universalmodeling.webs.com
Re: Looking for 2D and 3D Artists! [Re: roflmaster] #344258
10/15/10 16:43
10/15/10 16:43
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Will you use normal / specular maps ?
For humanoid creatures, if you want some help, i can try to make one at least laugh !
(Send me some design, i'll see if i can do it)

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de