Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 629 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ffp_terr_detail() and a little introduction of me #325970
05/29/10 14:05
05/29/10 14:05
mireazma Offline OP
mireazma  Offline OP

Hello there!
I felt like introducing myself blush so you can skip this part to the actual topic question.

First I want to thank both Acknex and Atari for releasing such a powerful factory to create 3D games. Thanks go as natural to you - this community which sustains the game development - I couldn't just read the manual and make the games.
Gamestudio is so much more powerful and customizable than what I'd been working with so far...
So, I said that before attempting on making a simple game I should study thoroughly and thus I kept reading the manual and the other official tutorials available at the download section, for the last couple of weeks and still hasn't finished. printed and written dozens of pages to serve as guides.

You know the car level? I want to know how the terrain had the texture mapped. I opened the level in WED, found the plane01_hmp_1216 and I saw in MED that it has 2 skins. I returned in WED and as my intuition dictated, I looked for an action of the terrain that called a multitexture shader and I found this "ffp_terr_detail" action. IIRC if the terrain has only 2 skins, the terrain is automatically rendered with the second one being for details (tiled?). But what about the action? I can't find it defined anywhere, not in any included script. So 2 questions arise:
1. Does a level need a specific function/action to render two-textured terrain?
2. What's with this ffp_terr_detail()?

Thanks for the time.

ERROR in communism.cpp, line 0:
#include<god.h>
was fatally missed.
Re: ffp_terr_detail() and a little introduction of me [Re: mireazma] #325976
05/29/10 14:56
05/29/10 14:56
Spirit Offline

Spirit  Offline

Welcome to the forum. I think the ffp_terr_detail action is not needed, you can remove it. It probably was from a time when terrain detail textures were not automatically supported and you needed such a function.

It the same with many shaders you find on the Wiki, terrain_multitexture, bumpmapping, waving grass and so on, they are all not needed anymore and are from a time when this was not yet included in Gamestudio.

Re: ffp_terr_detail() and a little introduction of me [Re: Spirit] #326084
05/30/10 10:10
05/30/10 10:10
mireazma Offline OP
mireazma  Offline OP

Thank you.

ERROR in communism.cpp, line 0:
#include<god.h>
was fatally missed.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de