Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,184 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Damocles_] #324822
05/23/10 15:34
05/23/10 15:34
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
http://www.rferl.org/content/Interview_A...ne/2049411.html

Seems like the event stirred up quite a fuzz

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #324897
05/23/10 20:40
05/23/10 20:40
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
No. Unbelievable. That is surprising...

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324904
05/23/10 21:30
05/23/10 21:30
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Quite the uproar but at least I can understand why muslims undertake this action, even though they target an individual whilst 80.000 other people are involved as well. I think this is very low, but still understandable.

But these patrionistic Americans thinking only America knows what true freedom is and have no idea about the rest of the world... I can´t grasp the idea that people want to be so closed minded.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Joozey] #324987
05/24/10 13:41
05/24/10 13:41
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: Joozey
But these patrionistic Americans thinking only America knows what true freedom is and have no idea about the rest of the world... I can´t grasp the idea that people want to be so closed minded.

I understand this point. But at the same point I think there are much worse and more stupid situation we should care for. Painting a picture is actually not a problem at all.

But driving a car while drunken, or putting a dog into a microwave oven to dry it, or going to the back seats of a car while putting on a speed automatic, this is really stupid and can harm real living people. And this really happened in America.

They can sketch whatever they like, I see no remarkable art work amongst these.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Machinery_Frank] #324997
05/24/10 14:47
05/24/10 14:47
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Actually drawing the picture of Prophet is a big problem really. In Islam no one can make a pictures of even just a human. And making pictures of Prophet is really provoking Muslims, because Mohammad(). Most of you guys don't really know anything about the Muslims and religion Islam. You just saying the thing that you found all over the Internet and Television. That is not right. Most of you think (I do hope that not all of you) that terrorists and Muslim are the same thing, but that is not right! That is not completely right guys! About the Qur'an, it is not changed at all guys, I do not need to prove that, because non of you have read it in Arabic language. So what are you all talking about? Most of you just talking about the religion, about witch you don't know anything! All this is politics games, and most of you just can't get it! Pictures of the Prophet were made to provoke the Muslims, to make other non Muslim people think how are Muslims are "bad" and so on... And thats all because the Islam is going to be most popular religion after a short term of time. Population of most countries are ok just because of the migration from Muslim countries. That is fact! And don't say that Muslims are bad and so on. Do you remember about what happens in Iraq for example? And the 11 Septembers thing, all that was planed by the government of the America, because that was just one more reason to continue the war in Iraq. And all that are facts. Hope some on of you can get the right point of what I'm saying. I hate those peoples that kill other people and call they selfs Muslim, they are not believe me! That is all politics games. You need to know how to separate religion and politic. And religion is not like being a fanatic fan of a soccer (or football) club... You can't compare such things. Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Russia and especially from Chechnya, so please do not try to tell me what is politics and what is religion, I'm Muslim, and I never killed any one, and I do not want to. I so how police and spetsnaz were killing humans, and after killing them they just say that all of them are terrorist... What can you say about that? You do not know anything about Religion... So please do not try to make yourself cleverest one here, and say that Muslims are "evil"... You never faced real evil yourself...

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: 3run] #325000
05/24/10 14:58
05/24/10 14:58
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: 3run
Most of you guys don't really know anything about the Muslims and religion Islam. You just saying the thing that you found all over the Internet and Television. That is not right. Most of you think (I do hope that not all of you) that terrorists and Muslim are the same thing, but that is not right!

I think you misunderstood this thread. As far as I remember, nobody wrote this. There is a big difference between a Muslim and a terrorist. And most of us are sure or know it, that there is no command for terror in this religion.

Most of war acts in all religions come from leaders who misuse the religion. They pick something out of it and turn it like it fits to control people.

The poor terrorists are actual tools of these leaders. Mainly for economical reasons, to get more power to impress and suppress other ones.

The religion is not the problem, but the people misusing it are and of course the stupid people following them without asking more questions.

And painting a picture of any human might be a problem for Muslims, but it is not forbidden for other people outside of this circle. So they can respect that as well.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: 3run] #325001
05/24/10 15:02
05/24/10 15:02
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Nobody here thinks terrorists and muslims are the same thing. If you thought that then you haven't understood us. Why is it that a noticeable amount of people think they are being generalized, and make a whole point about that instead of help solving the bigger picture?

I have heard enough christians saying nobody understands God if he isn't christian, American people truly believing their country is the best abeit patrionism, and muslims complaining about the rest of the world thinking muslims are all terrorists. You can not possibly find a solution when you do not accept that other people know perfectly well what you know too. Yes there are some rotten apples, but you shouldn't even begin arguing with those trolls, as you're only feeding them.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Joozey] #325005
05/24/10 15:09
05/24/10 15:09
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
You are right, but not much people here do really know what do they talk about. If not so, I'll be just happy believe me.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Machinery_Frank] #325007
05/24/10 15:16
05/24/10 15:16
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

Quote:
Most of you guys don't really know anything about the Muslims and religion Islam. You just saying the thing that you found all over the Internet and Television. That is not right. Most of you think (I do hope that not all of you) that terrorists and Muslim are the same thing, but that is not right!

I think we should be glad that most muslims don't know the tenets of their religion either. And the notion that all religions had extremists is simply not true some never had them. for example jainism

Nowhere in this thread somebody wrote all muslims are radical but some of them are. Frank have you seen the videos and manifestos of these suicide boombers because their they explain why they are doing this, so no need for speculation. Actually they are not from the poorest places, most of them came out of western europe. For example Hamburg the 19 hijakers of September the 11 and also most of them were very well educated.

Drawing Muhammed is forbidden for you muslims not for the rest of us.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: sebcrea] #325009
05/24/10 15:33
05/24/10 15:33
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
What for you have to be glad? I do know the "tenets" of Islam. If some one calls his self Muslim and even can't say anything from Qur'an, that is not Muslim! And about that Muslims need to respect that in other place drawing people is not a problem. Yep that is right, but why do people from other countries to draw something like this:
Is this what we need to respect?! Hell no! You saying that is Muslim and Terror is not the same, so what is this picture about then? You need to respect and understand that by drawing such pictures you can hurt and provoke some peoples (especially Muslims). If you go to an other country for holidays for example, and the culture of that country is different from yours, will you respect they culture and don't do things that is not comfortable for them? Of course you will. If you want some one to respect you, then you need to respect that some one....

Last edited by 3run; 05/24/10 15:54.
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite