by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (SBGuy, dr_panther, Ayumi, Quad, AndrewAMD), 920 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] #323177
05/12/10 02:01
05/12/10 02:01
M
MAnthnX Offline OP
MAnthnX  Offline OP
M

I am working on a private educational application right now (originally intended for my 6yr old son)--I have a demo of how it works (proof of concept) but it looks horrid. I need a small team to do the level-design, artwork, creating/animating models and in the near future music/sound-effects.

Level designer will need to create an interesting environment that lends itself to exploring. The levels are not meant to be huge, so tactful use of different terrain height will be best (make good use of the animations the models have the ability to use, such as climbing, crawling).

Artwork/Artist will be involved in painting the level(s) to the educational theme and making various images and sprites for effects.

Modeller/Animator will need to create eight medium-to-low poly count models of various cartoon'ish looking kids (4 boys and 4 girls). Animation sequences will include run, walk, jump, fall, cast-spell, climb, crawl.

I am funding this project myself and do have the resources to pay for good work--I am looking for people who already have some experience but not yet professional.

If you can take a role in the project, please email me at manthnx@aol.com, please include what further details you need of the project according to your role, ball-park price and any samples of your work.

Thank you!

-Mark

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: MAnthnX] #323179
05/12/10 02:42
05/12/10 02:42
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
We have a small team at Joquan Productions, but we don't have a ton of graphics developers. tongue I am one of the few who could, but I am best at 2D graphics.

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: Joquan] #323190
05/12/10 08:17
05/12/10 08:17
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
@joquan

you say you are one of the few who could? funny because you cant even make your own banner for your website
see here

you just like typing your own name withe ceo after it dont you.

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: badapple] #323199
05/12/10 10:24
05/12/10 10:24
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
that reply just made me laugh hard XD

back to topic.
I could help you out, depending on what exactly you need - wildlife (im bad at wildlife) cities, dungeons (im good at dungeons) indoor/outdoor, modern, medieval, with terrain (you said that, but do you need terrain only? is the terrain provided?) with blocks (maybe for buildings?) creating evironment models or are they provided ect. those are all important questions any leveld esigner should ask. same goes for style, but you already specified cartoony, so your texture artists should know if you plan on shading it with a toon shader or if the shadows should be painted. simply put, google "wind waker" and then google "zack and wiki" to see the difference.
alternatively, cartoony could mean "Super mario galaxy" or "borderlands" so you need to be specific there.

when all is said and done, i can provide services for level design, layout, graphic design and music personally. I also know a few people you could talk to about models and textures laugh

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: sPlKe] #323249
05/12/10 16:19
05/12/10 16:19
M
MAnthnX Offline OP
MAnthnX  Offline OP
M

Spike,

Good question on the cartoon-type. I did a few googles as you recommended but it dawned on me that I've always liked the cartoon'ish feel of Super Mario Sunshine game. I think I enjoyed the game's graphics/environment more than the gameplay but it would be the perfect example of the kind of environment/feel this project would need. This project by no means intends to make a Super Mario Sunshine clone by the way. =)

Right now the project is aiming at the low-end PC, so I do not expect killer graphics or high poly counts. It will probably cost more for the artwork but I do not plan on using shaders at this time.

-Mark

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: badapple] #323266
05/12/10 18:40
05/12/10 18:40
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: badapple
@joquan

you say you are one of the few who could? funny because you cant even make your own banner for your website
see here

you just like typing your own name withe ceo after it dont you.

That was because I couldn't find my old graphics programs. I had just moved from my old desktop to a new one, and for some reason, I couldn't find the CD. Don't assume like that. And I don't have that anymore, as I found it unprofessional. Get a life and stop telling me that I am wrong or that I don't know what I am doing.

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: Joquan] #323270
05/12/10 19:19
05/12/10 19:19
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
Oh come on man, you find a life and you stop bullshiting all the time!

CEO and you're 14-15 years old, how can that be?!?!

"...subsidiary of Joquan Productions." - do you even know what this means? Or did you see that on some >> PRO << companys website and you just copied it over on your site?

if we're wrong and you ARE indeed 2d artist, please by all means show us some of your work and prove us wrong!

until then, find some other forum and people to play your little games with you or grab yourself some tutorial for programming or 3d moddeling and start LEARNING... you're a long way from becoming even something close to CEO!

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: croman] #323299
05/12/10 23:52
05/12/10 23:52
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: croman
Oh come on man, you find a life and you stop bulls* all the time!

CEO and you're 14-15 years old, how can that be?!?!

"...subsidiary of Joquan Productions." - do you even know what this means? Or did you see that on some >> PRO << companys website and you just copied it over on your site?

if we're wrong and you ARE indeed 2d artist, please by all means show us some of your work and prove us wrong!

until then, find some other forum and people to play your little games with you or grab yourself some tutorial for programming or 3d moddeling and start LEARNING... you're a long way from becoming even something close to CEO!

I have said, do not assume anything. I know more than you would expect from a 15-yr-old teen. You are wrong, and I have demo number 2 of my project up for download. Go here. Try it out. It is only the second one in a series of 10 or more demos before the final release. After that, I will be updating it. I have been taking college-grade courses in JavaScript. I was taking C++ and Java, but I put a halt on them for now. I am no where near a long way from being a CEO. Try that out for size.

PS - Last warning, already removed your moderator access on my site. One more outburst like this, and I will ban your account. I am sick of hearing this crap.

Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: Joquan] #323303
05/13/10 00:21
05/13/10 00:21
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
PS - Last warning, already removed your moderator access on my site. One more outburst like this, and I will ban your account. I am sick of hearing this crap.

At this point, he can't be interested in even being on your site any more. So, I don't think threats like this are going to change anything. wink

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Need level-designer, modeller/animator [Paid Work] [Re: Joquan] #323304
05/13/10 00:28
05/13/10 00:28
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Online
Senior Expert
Quad  Online
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
@Jake the holier than thou:
First, do not reply before reading my posts 3 times, CAREFULLY.

We do not assume anything. Even we have/had very talented 14yr olds here.

We are sick of hearing how great you are, how your team knows everything and does nothing, posting crap of useless knowledge on job offerings about your team, and other stuff about your great studio. You also contradict yourself alot. You do not listen to advice, even get mad when you get adviced. Lose the attitude and switch to the right path, which will actually lead you on making good games and less useless advertising. You have been around for more then 4 months you still did not accomplished anything in lite-c. Do not tell us you or your team members do not know lite-c(or c/c++ for that matter), lite-c tutorials are for absolute beginners, you do not need any base knowledge to complete the workshops and make small games. It's been 4 months, you are not able complete a 15-day workshop, so we can assume alot of things like lack of talent and all we see is just self-applause and arrogancy.

We tried to motivate you, put you on the right track, give help, show how it's done. Your impulse was denial and more arrogancy everytime.

I am not trying to be nice or want to be nice anymore, but accept the thruth you are not-YET-capable of nearly %90 of the things you say you can do. I know a lot of frequenters of this forum(like people with talent, and made small games with lite-c even if it's crappy.) thinks like me. F.i. none of then would allow you to join their team since only thing you know is to tell the people how great you are.

I am sure croman is pretty scared of you threatening about banning him. I do not think he gives 2 flying craps about your site and you banning him.

As i said, there are alot of people thinks like me, they just do not express theirselves directly. I know it's not under my wish or judgement , or i may even be crossing a line here but, if you still think you have the great team, great personal talent that you can do everything in every field, and planning to keep the same attitude, and keep doing the stuff you have been doing(in this forum), PLEASE, care to leave this community.

@MAnthnX, sorry for ripping your thread. Please start another thread about your job offering in another thread and hope it does not get the drama that have been going on here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de