Hi all,

I am not sure if I should be posting this here or in another forum but I thought here was a good stab at finding anybody else with the same issue.

I have done a forum wide search but got no real results back so hopefully I am not covering old ground here.

I have a really simple script...

Code:
#include <acknex.h>
#include <litec.h>

int main()
{
	level_load("media\\maps\\test.wmb");

wait(5);

while(1)
	{
		wait(1);
		if(key_pressed(1))
		{
			break;
		}	
	}

sys_exit("Bye...");

return(0);
}

Which compiles and runs fine from SED. I published it and that appeared to go ok. When I try to run it I get a crash at the engine startup window with the normal windows "program had to close" type box which states the event type as BEX which I gather is normally a buffer overflow or similar and a sign that DEP is kicking in and killing my program.

I am running Windows7 Ultimate 64 and tried it in various compatibility modes to see if that was the issue. In the end I added the .exe to my DEP exception list and it runs fine.

Is this a limitation or known bug with the engine on Windows7 (and probably vista if its DEP) and is it something any of you guys have seen before?

It would be a bit of a deal breaker to have to ask users to disable DEP for my programs so I am a little concerned.

I am running A7 Commercial.

Cheers

MACRO