Hello everyone,

If you've been on this forum for some time now you should probably already know me. If not, here goes:

I'm following the template from this forum's guidelines to make this post..

Full Name: Aris Kostakos
Email: LLaffer AT intense-i dot com
MSN: LLaffer@intenseillusions.com

ME MYSELF

I'm 27 years old. I graduated from Heriot-Watt university in Edinburgh 2 years ago. The Computer Science department of Heriot Watt was rated as one of the 10 best in Britain at the time I enrolled. My degree reads: "Honors Degree in Computer Science with Specialization in Artificial Intelligence".

I've been programming since I was 6 years old and I started using 3d Gamestudio and WDL in 2000 with the A4 release. Since then I've made numerous games and plugins for the engine, have been an active member of the community, got interviewed twice for the AUM magazine and also won conitec's semi-annual contest's first prize two times.

My plans for the future is to relocate to Los Angeles and work full-time at a respectable Software House as a Game Programmer. Meanwhile, I work in Greece (my home country) as a Programmer and also occupy myself with various hobby projects such as Intense X and an unnamed multiplayer game with the UDK engine.

I'm very fluent with Lite-C, C/C++, Java, PHP, C#, ASP, MySQL and I've also accumulated a lot of experience working with packages like Gamestudio, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Unreal 3/UDK, Fear SDK and many others not worth mentioning.

JOB TYPE

I'm looking for a paid Programming Position working on a Gamestudio A7 project with Lite-C or C-Script (preferably Lite-C). My rates are $15 per hour and I usually demand 25%-50% percent up-front. If the project is too big then the payment will be split into small bi-monthly installments with the remaining 50% percent upon delivery of my work. The final payment will be sent only until you're completely satisfied with the final deliverable. In long term projects I will sent out WIP demos (when applicable) for each Milestone that we have previously agreed on.

I cannot relocate to your position and will only work part-time. You'll get an estimate on how many hours I can work on your project per day when you ask for a quote.

JOB WANTED

I can work with Lite-C (pure and legacy mode), C-script and VC++ (dlls). I specialize in Ai, Pathfinding, Movement & Animation, Weapon Systems, Dialogue Systems, Genetic Algorithms, Neural Networks and Data Structures but I can do pretty much anything. I work best when I have a detailed description of the final deliverable but I can work off very brief descriptions as well (but be prepared to answer a lot of my questions later on). The only area I've never touched in Gamestudio is Shaders so please don't contact me about that.

I have worked on and completed games with Gamestudio of most game genres, including Shooters, Rpgs, Adventures, Platforms, Puzzles, etc. I'm fluent in both Single Player and Multiplayer games, although if your project is a real time multiplayer game I will strongly discourage you on further development and will probably not take the job. In my experience with Gamestudio, A7's multiplayer engine will suffice for Turn-Based games but is not yet suitable for real-time applications such as Online Shooters and Online Rpgs.

PORTFOLIO & EARLIER WORK

Downloadable Games

Mother's Den FPS Made in A6, with a strong AI system and innovative gameplay.

Atoms Multiplayer Puzzle Game (won 1st prize in Conitec's no-resources contest)

Gamestudio Plugins
Intense Pathfinding 3 Freebase pathfinding solution
Intense Ai Copper Commercial Ai Solution

Videos
2008 Reel Showing aspects of my work such as Pathfinding, Dialogues, Enemy Ai, Friendly Ai, Inventory, Cutscenes, Visual Interface and Intense Script
Intense Ai Silver Teaser of the upcoming IAI Silver showing many FPS related features.
Vain Trailer Teaser of an RPG game we showed at the 2006 E3 Conversion in Los Angeles
Intense Pathfinding 3 Tutorial Explaining how to set up the Intense Pathfinding 3 freeware plugin
Pedestrian AI Small video exhibiting some Pedestrian behavior for GTA-style games.

Papers & Documentation
Ai specification 60 page analysis on the design and implementation of an AI engine designed for real-time applications such as video games.
Intense X Manual Online Documentation for all Intense X products (pathfinding, ai)

OTHER

For any questions please don't hesitate to contact me through PM, e-mail or MSN. If you need a ballpark figure on the hours required and an estimated deadline please include a detailed description of the job. If you need any references from past clients, let me know and I'll ask these people to contact you.

Thank you,
Aris Kostakos

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!