by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, AndrewAMD), 722 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Game design docs uploaded - please don't vote here #306441
01/22/10 10:09
01/22/10 10:09
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Dear friends,

Edit: We've got one more doc that was posted in another thread - sorry for that. Please don't forget to read "Dungeon Souls" as well and vote again.

I am opening a new poll in a separate thread; I can't edit the poll from this thread.

What is the best game idea?
single choice
Me, Myself, and My Enemy
0%, 0 Votes
Broken Planet
0%, 0 Votes
Sorcerers
14%, 1 Votes
The Arcade Room
0%, 0 Votes
Mars Runs Red
14%, 1 Votes
Enemies
29%, 2 Votes
Slacer
0%, 0 Votes
Superku
43%, 3 Votes
Total Votes: 7
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Last edited by George; 01/23/10 06:09. Reason: Another game design doc was added
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: George] #306462
01/22/10 12:45
01/22/10 12:45
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Me, Myself and My Enemy:
While I like the idea that the enemy and the player are the same person, I see a problem on how the future I doesn´t know about what he did in his past and how it ended or if it doesn´t end, where he gets evil...
I see that this is a general problem with time travelling and that one could may even find some kind of explanation which could be enough for such a game, but the gameplay doesn´t seem unique enough for me and seems to lack variation.

Broken Planet:
It seems to be able to offer a unique style, even though those floating environments seem to get more and more common at the moment. On the other hand it seems to be baicly just another jump and run which would need some really special elements or puzzles or what ever to spice it up.
But the projects scale could may work and the result may wouldn´t be the worst.

Sorcerers:
Seems to be just another turn based game to me, or didn´t I read carefull enough? A great thing for mobile platforms but in my opinion not for a high tech computer, even though one can of course make it visually demanding laugh

The Arcade Room:
Realizable, but I don´t like the idea of a arcade game collection, even though the customizing part makes it at least a bit more interesting.

Mars Runs Red:
Doesn´t seem to be very unique to me and like a lot of work.

Enemies:
I don´t understand the gameplay actually, but I like the idea of the environment being procedurally generated. But it again needs something more then just shooting down the enemies in always the same way.

Slacer:
Could be a unique style for such a game, but none I would really enjoy...

Superku:
I like the basic idea a lot, but the exact design is of course missing here.

I will vote for "Broken Planet" or "Enemies", which one could may even connect in some way. But all of these will need a lot of more work, until it gets a really unique and fun game...

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: Slin] #306470
01/22/10 13:36
01/22/10 13:36
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

I would suggest a jump`n`run / platformer game, with
an open levelstructure
(levels can be compiled to
"level-campaigns". The Player can choose the campaign (level-bundle) at startup, and try to archive the objective (time, points, limited lives)

with a core-team that develops the core-architecture
(logic of the platformer) and an editor or specific (WED)
level specifications.

Then others (artits, newbees) can edit and submit their
own levels to the game, that work with the provided mechanics.

This way experienced users (program/mechanics), artits (levelspecific props) and newbees (level-editing)
can work together.

The game can then grow with the new leves provided.

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: Slin] #306473
01/22/10 13:48
01/22/10 13:48
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

I've only taken a few projects into further account, as the ones I did not list did not have enough information to actually do sth with it or were not clear to me.

Me, Myself, and My Enemy
This game sounds really fun, but it has a lot of effort to do on the artist's side, as it needs several time periods - and we are lacking artists for sure. This means a lot of different textures, sounds, and models are needed.
Also I'd like to see more detailed information of the kind of puzzles, available items, etc. Basically just some more details.

Broken Planet
I like the idea, but in order to really make something out of it, more than this short document is needed. Too many things are unclear . it's not even possible to do a very rough effort estimation - but I think it would be a very psychedelic fun game.
With a real design doc this one could have been a winner...

Sorcerers
Also I like that idea a lot, but I'm not sure if the overall concept will work out well this way. Also it needs GOOD AI (use IntenseX?) and possibly multiplayer support.
Still, the multiplayer game seems to lack due to long waiting times (turn based). At least some sort of sabotage should be possible to perform by the waiting players.
If this was brought over to realtime in a proper way, I would be highly interested.
The role of the "manna" could be explained a bit better. It was not fully clear to me after reading the document.

The Arcade Room
The idea is ok, but it feels like 8 teams are doing 8 games, and the 9th team is building a wrapper around. While this is ok for many people with not so much time, imho it defeats a bit the original goal to have ONE team...
Interesting however is the trophy part. This would allow to add a lot of long time motivation with easy things like I mentioned earlier in this thread (when I took Onechanbara as example).
Also it is realistic that this project can come to a finish.

Enemies
The best and most detailed design document which was presented up to now.
The gameplay sound solid and fun - but for long time motivation some more nifty stuff has to be added - like special game modes or some more abstract tasks.

For now, Enemies is my favorite. Also concerning the resources it seems to fit quite well. A lot to do for coding (procedural level generation), some nifty shader stuff and a managable amount of graphics work.

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: Damocles_] #306475
01/22/10 14:04
01/22/10 14:04
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
what i had in mind for my game idea is a 3rd person action adventure. i wouldve put more into the gd, but i thought the team was going to develop the idea, if it was going to be one man's idea completely, then why would a team even be needed? thats why i left the concept open to be further developed.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: Blink] #306483
01/22/10 15:26
01/22/10 15:26
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
I like the Enemies documentation, it is nice indeed. The gameplay itself could use some work, though.
I made a real doc for my platformer idea, have a look:

Platformer Doc

EDIT: The time travel part seems to be stolen from Blink's idea but I wanted to implement this in my own sidescroller some months ago.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: Blink] #306484
01/22/10 15:34
01/22/10 15:34
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
well my vote is for slacer, wondering how he'd pull off the multiplayer though, split screen? would be very easy to do online though, i like the fact that this has never been done/seen, reminds me of digdug but in 3d.. i can totally picture it using this type of graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmG5i6ZgYGA&feature=channel hope alpha_strike doesnt mind me posting his vid here..

but i could picture a 4 player online game or a 2 player split screen game doing that, would be awesome

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: darkinferno] #306491
01/22/10 16:29
01/22/10 16:29
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
The superku doc was updated on Conitec's server as well.

Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: George] #306496
01/22/10 16:54
01/22/10 16:54
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Thank you.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Game design docs uploaded - please vote [Re: Superku] #306504
01/22/10 17:31
01/22/10 17:31
Spain, Canary Islands
Felixsg Offline
User
Felixsg  Offline
User

Spain, Canary Islands
Enemy: the only think not like is
if the scenery is never the same, why the player
is limited to move in a way.
If was possible to change a little like the player
move to all directions, and a suggestion more is multiplayer
2 ibots

note: I edit this post while read all the documents

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de