by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, Aku_Aku, 7th_zorro, Ayumi), 1,080 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
QuARK for A6 Editing #300943
12/07/09 03:27
12/07/09 03:27
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline OP
DarkShadow  Offline OP

Nebraska
Ok, i remember a long long time ago some people used to use QuARK to create levels for 3DGS. I was wondering if this is possible with A6 and if so, does anyone know how to configure QuARK for A6?

I'm using the final release of A6 Commercial, in the event it matters.

Thanks,

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: QuARK for A6 Editing [Re: DarkShadow] #301440
12/10/09 16:22
12/10/09 16:22
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

I used to use QuArK for my level editing. All you have to do is save as .map. If you want to put the textures on in QuArK, you have to build yourself a .wad for QuArK using the textures you want to use; these should have the same name as your WED .wad texture pack. For example, if you want to use a texture called "stone03.bmp", you have to have a texture called "stone03" in both QuArK and in WED. Then, when you open your .map file you created in QuArK, as soon as you load the .wad that has "stone03" in it, it will show up on the appropriate blocks.

WED will also recognize lights, but not the light info; just the light itself, so you have to go light-by-light and reset their intensity, R/G/B, etc.

On the plus side, if you know what you are doing (programming wise) you could make your own add-on for QuArK so that when you save as .map it saves whatever you needed (lights with radius, intensity, colors, player starts, etc), but that would require you creating your own "pak" file for QuArK (like the 'pak' files for using Quake I, Hexen II, DOOM3, etc.).

I mainly used QuArK for it's ability to quickly build 'pre-fab' things and use it's "auto-builders" (like spiral stairs, stairs, etc.).

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de