by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Intense X #275022
06/29/09 19:04
06/29/09 19:04
6 Images
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense X

Hello all,

I'm forced to open a new showcase thread since the old one became too cluttered, I can't change the pics (thread was made before the forum update) and it's not even the same product anymore (before we only offered AI, but Intense X is now much much more than that).

If you've never heard of Intense X before, it's a plugin that my team and I are working for well over 10 years now shocked. It's a tool for beginner programmers and artists to make games using powerful AAA game techniques (most Intense X code is directly influenced and taught to me by Jeff Orkin himself, lead programmer for games such as King's Quest, TRON 2, F.E.A.R., and Condemned). It's also a tool for advanced programmers that don't want to re-invent the wheel in matters as pathfinding and goal oriented AI.

You may use Intense X to either create a new project, or activate it to your current game. Using Intense X's WED panels you can easily select which features you want to have Intense X handle, and which you want to tackle yourself. Even after installing IX to your existing game, it will behave exactly the same until you start enabling IX features for it.

The reason I'm making this thread now is because Copper 1.0 has finally been released! Before you buy, you could try Intense X Copper Trial for 30 days, or even use our freeware product, Intense X Zinc.

Intense X Zinc is the successor of Intense Pathfinding 2. It's a free, open sourced (when it comes to pathfinding code) tool that you can very easily add to your own existing projects with one-click. Its main features include static and dynamic pathfinding, player/npc movement and a complete camera system (1st person, 3rd person, free camera). You may use Intense X Zinc free indefinitely without any credits required. Youtube Tutorial link on Zinc follows:

Intense X Zinc video tutorial

If you're interested in the Intense X Copper Trial edition, you should still download Intense X Zinc, and from WED go to: Menu->Help->Intense X About->Start Copper 1.0.0 Trial. Intense X Copper Trial is a fully functional Copper edition that will even let you publish your games for the 30 day period, but uses closed source code, in contrast with Intense X Copper 1.0 (non-trial) which is fully written in open sourced Lite-C Code.

For more information on Intense X, please visit our website at: http://www.intense-i.com.

For the lazy ones, you can download Zinc directly from here. If you're interested you may also want to read our Online Documentaton, watch our video tutorials or drop by our community and say hi.

Cheers,
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 07/16/09 04:34. Reason: New Image
19 Comments
Re: Intense X [Re: LarryLaffer] #275033
06/29/09 20:04
06/29/09 20:04
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
I know actually nothing about your extensive product, I might have seen a demo once, some time ago, but I was wondering the following...

Is this AI pack just made for first person shooters, or is it also very well possible to use parts of the AI to easily build an enemy that can make controlling decisions? For example, an AI in a strategy building game where the controlling AI uses dynamic pathfinding to search the fastest paths for his units to move, or a counter-player in a board game that can make... surprising tactical moves somehow smile.

Last edited by Joozey; 06/29/09 20:06.
Re: Intense X [Re: Joozey] #275040
06/29/09 21:05
06/29/09 21:05
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

Or things like an RPG or racing game?

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"
Re: Intense X [Re: Joozey] #275042
06/29/09 21:09
06/29/09 21:09
Wagga, Australia
the_mehmaster Offline
User
the_mehmaster  Offline
User

Wagga, Australia
Yay! it's finally been released!

Great job aris. I'v been looking for pathfinding code all over the place, then this pops up!

Awesome job!

Re: Intense X [Re: the_mehmaster] #275077
06/30/09 01:35
06/30/09 01:35
Wagga, Australia
the_mehmaster Offline
User
the_mehmaster  Offline
User

Wagga, Australia
There's something not working...

I have placed all waypoints in the map. The problem comes when i generate a pathfinding graph. The graph generator starts up, but the progress bar never starts. Also no statistics are shown. Do you have the solution?

Re: Intense X [Re: the_mehmaster] #275079
06/30/09 01:50
06/30/09 01:50
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline
RAFU  Offline

Pittsburgh PA
Originally Posted By: the_mehmaster
There's something not working...

I have placed all waypoints in the map. The problem comes when i generate a pathfinding graph. The graph generator starts up, but the progress bar never starts. Also no statistics are shown. Do you have the solution?

Sounds like one of three problems, Did you update the entities after the way points were placed? Are the waypoints too far from the ground? they need to be somewhat close to the ground. Did you place ONE NPC (place one of your npc models; right click > Intense X Action > NPC) There Must be ONE NPC in the level in order to calculate the width of the objects walking around.

Let me know how this check list works,

Thanks!

Re: Intense X [Re: RAFU] #275089
06/30/09 03:19
06/30/09 03:19
Wagga, Australia
the_mehmaster Offline
User
the_mehmaster  Offline
User

Wagga, Australia
Quote:
place ONE NPC

Yes that fixed the problem... yay!

Can you create more entities at runtime?

Re: Intense X [Re: the_mehmaster] #275477
07/01/09 13:13
07/01/09 13:13
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Hello,

About six or seven months ago I have bought Intense X Copper 0.9.5 (without much reading about it blush) and had no use for it because it had no ability to work with existing projects. I see this has changed so my questions are:

Do owners of previous edition get some discount for new version?
Can new version be used on C-Script projects or is it Lite_C only?

Thanx smile

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 07/01/09 16:59.
Re: Intense X [Re: Ganderoleg] #275557
07/01/09 19:34
07/01/09 19:34
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hi all,

@Joozey,Blade280891: You have about 4 options regarding on how to use Intense X's AI..

Either in Zinc or Copper, you can enable pathfinding for all your entities and program your own AI by using these functions to make your Entities avoid static/dynamic obstacles.

Use Copper's embedded AI for a simple FPS AI without programming, and the prospect for much more complicated goals for it when further IX editions come out (silver, gold, platinum)

If you have Copper or Copper Trial, you can write your own custom goals and create complex AI behaviors using minimum programming, by watching this tutorial.

If you have Copper 1.0 (non-trial) you can use Copper's G.O.A.P. AI engine to create your own AI behaviors by directly editing Copper's Lite-C source code.

For more info on what type of AIs each IX edition offers, check the features page.

@Ganderoleg: If you own Intense X Copper 0.9.5, you can update to the latest Copper 1.0.0 edition for free by going to this page. If you've forgot your serial number, contact support.

Intense X is Lite-C and will probably not work with existing c-script projects. For further information on how to use Intense X on existing projects, check out this page.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense X [Re: LarryLaffer] #275561
07/01/09 19:41
07/01/09 19:41
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Thanks for this information Larry smile. Copper caught my interest.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de