by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, AndrewAMD), 722 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Blade Of Power [+demo] #272353
06/17/09 17:17
06/17/09 17:17
8 Images
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline OP
Blade Of Power [+demo]

Hello,

...and welcome to showcase of my first project with 3D Game Studio.
Blade of Power in short:
Project >Blade Of Power< has started as a small fun-fiction adventure game based on a popular cartoon serie from the '80 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. At the beginning, it combined full 3D environment with 2D animated characters. From there it evolved into a fully original first-person game with unique 3D characters and plot that combines adventure segments with action gameplay.

Blade Of Power project is going through some deep design changes so none of the videos displayed on this page no longer represents the real development stage of the game, game levels or content... but they are still fun to watch smile

Walkthrough of the Kingdom of Artha: Castle (level 3 /sub-level 3 of 4):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdUCAIZDRhE

Blade Of Power game overview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_X4PUcY4s

Blade Of Power new sword battle system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr3aje5aux0

>New video<
Walkthrough of the Kingdom of Artha: Lower Wing (level 3 /sub-level 4 of 4):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iIwd8Jy_k&fmt=22

Blade Of Power demo that is available for download is, at this moment (26.04.2010), about 10 months old and it no longer represents the real development stage of the game, game levels or content.
Demo has been broke into four files for easier download. I hope you enjoy it smile

http://bladeofpower.weebly.com/demo.html

Btw when evaluating this demo you should keep in mind that...

-all character models, friendly & enemy, have been replaced or enhanced
-all music & most of the audio effect files have been replaced or enhanced
-laser battling is replaced with sword fighting
-enemy AI is replaced with David Lancester's Glorious Combat script adapted for first person sword fight

..unfortunately non of this updates is in the presentable form frown
Blade of Power team is:

Nikolic Pavle >Ganderoleg< / Story, gameplay, 2D & 3D art, animation and programing.
Gligorijevic Ivan >Dimme< / Story, music & audio effects.

...with very special credits & thanks to:
Andjelkovic Petar/ Story, additional level designer.
Urosevic Svetlana/ Design advisory and tester.
For more information visit Blade of Power site at:

http://bladeofpower.weebly.com

Site contains over 100 screenshots, three videos & Blade Of Power demo.

Thanx for checking out this post. Have fun.

Ganderoleg
90 Comments
Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Ganderoleg] #320796
04/24/10 18:34
04/24/10 18:34
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
this is such a beautiful project, I cant wait until its finished! i really admire your work, i wish i new how to make my projects look that awesome.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Blink] #320800
04/24/10 19:18
04/24/10 19:18
Serbia
Iglarion Offline
User
Iglarion  Offline
User

Serbia
Like Blink says this project is really beautiful and amazing. Very professionally done job of level geometry, tektures, shaders, lighting,... In some moments the first screen reminds me of the interior castle of Oblivion RPG.
This project requires a lot of effort and work, and I hope that this quality keep up to the very end of project.

Great job!

@Ganderoleg
Druze sjajan ste posao odradili. Veoma mi je drago da sretnem ljude iz Srbije na ovom forumu, a pogotovu nekoga ko se ozbiljno uhvatio posla. Jel sve sami radite, imate li neku pomoc sa strane? Secam se da sam video demo na vasem sajtu, moracu da ga skinem da vidim gameplay.
Samo nastavite tako, ja inace radim na cartoon stilu ali ovo sto ste vi odradili kao da prevazilazi mogucnostti ovog enginea grin

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Iglarion] #320865
04/25/10 13:48
04/25/10 13:48
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline OP
Ganderoleg  Offline OP

Balkan
@Blink
Thanx smile The development is on a hold at the moment but it will surely be continued once we finish up with more recent projects. The main problem with Blade Of Power is switching from C-Script to Lite-C. I spent about a month modifying & adapting David Lancaster's Glorious Combat for first person sword fight & now I will have to translate everything to Lite-C. If that proves to be impossible(and that's almost a sure thing) & may have to give up on swords & go back to lasers & give IntenseX a try. If that burns also I''m not sure where to go next- maybe try to find a good programmer or just hold my ground with C-Script.

@Iglarion
Thanx, I focused most of my attention on the lights & shaders smile

Na igri radimo samo moj ortak Ivan(muzika & audio efekti) & ja, to nam je bila neka vrsta projekta na kome smo ucili. Na pocetku sam imao jos jednog ortaka koji je radio nivoe sa mnom ali se on brzo ohladio, vec posle jednog pod-nivoa. Trebace tu jos posla da se sve dovrsi & ispolira ali za casual, low-budget projekat mislim da je o.k.

Nazalost tek sad treba da postavimo demo & to demo star 10 meseci jer nismo stigli da zapakujemo nista novo od ostalih projekata na kojima radimo: Untitled Platformer sa George Dan Pirvu-om, komercijalni sajt za gd & Sorcerers projekt.

Nisam uspeo da nadjem tvoju igru na forumu a bas sam hteo da vidim kako izgleda. Ako imas nesto da moze da se pogleda posalji mi PM pa da bacim pogled. Pozz

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Ganderoleg] #320947
04/26/10 00:29
04/26/10 00:29
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline OP
Ganderoleg  Offline OP

Balkan
Blade Of Power demo is now available for download. Demo is, at this moment, about 10 months old and it no longer represents the real development stage of the game, game levels or content but I hope that you will enjoy it anyway smile

You can download it from here or from site:
http://bladeofpower.weebly.com/demo.html

Btw when evaluating this demo you should keep in mind that...

-all character models, friendly & enemy, have been replaced or enhanced
-all music & most of the audio effect files have been replaced or enhanced
-laser battling is replaced with sword fighting
-enemy AI is replaced with David Lancester's Glorious Combat script adapted for first person sword fight

..unfortunately non of this updates is in the presentable form frown

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Ganderoleg] #320948
04/26/10 00:33
04/26/10 00:33
Serbia
Iglarion Offline
User
Iglarion  Offline
User

Serbia
Great! Downloading now!

IGRAVISION Page - www.igravision.com
RPG project - The Battle For Forgol 92.75%
Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Iglarion] #321008
04/26/10 16:21
04/26/10 16:21
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
downloading... laugh

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Rondidon] #321035
04/26/10 18:39
04/26/10 18:39
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Okay I played it now for ~30 minutes.

Pro:

- Although it`s a bit colorless and generic I like the level design. It has kind of a unique style and feeling, different than most games from today. That`s good in my eyes.

- The world "lives". There`re many NPCs and some real personalities that are different compared to the others (the quest NPCs)

- The music is great and athmospheric!

- The shaders. I love the water shader. Which one is that?

Contra:

- The story design. Why do I have get a book from the library as the demons (or sometghing) are attacking the castle? Why is the office-sitter king not moving in such a situation and let me do trainee jobbing?

- The quest design. I could manage to find that book in the library. And it`s locked. But where do I have to unlock it. Everybody says "I can`t do this. maybe anyone else can do it". But WHO?? In my eyes asking anybody in the castle if he can unlock that book is no good quest design. Why doesn`t anybody help me or at least give me any hint if so much is depending on opening that book?

- The level design. Everything is looking very cool, but also similar. I`m constantly getting lost in that big castle because there`s no map or guide or something. Please create such a map. Good example: Bioshock. (important)

- Save points. You need to integrate (more?) save points. (important)

- The intro / videos / cutscenes. They`re so low-res and badly cut. Please overwork them.

- The main menu. I don`t like the graphics style especially in the options menu. It`s too overloaded and colorful. Less is more in this case.

- Missing quest overview. I would like to see a quest overview like in role playing games so that I know what to do and where to go to do this.

-----------------------------------

Sounds like more critism than good points, but that`s not a bad sign. Your game has potential. It`s so athmospheric and partly well done that it would be a shame if you wouldn`t give it the (needed) fine-tuning.

One last thing: Where can I unlock this book? I still can`t find that person... laugh

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Rondidon] #321067
04/26/10 20:46
04/26/10 20:46
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline OP
Ganderoleg  Offline OP

Balkan
@Rondidon

Thanx for checking out the demo & for your feedback smile

This demo is unfortunately out-dated and new game mechanics has changed the project in such a way that is now impossible to re-create these two levels without a big deal of work & all other levels are even bigger wip frown I thought that, since it's just sitting on my HD, it would be a fun idea to put it for download.

As for feedback, I totally agree with your points on level map, quest overview , save places & cut-scenes. It has already been decided to replace videos with 2D artwork that would give the game a deeper, more artistic feel & I had a quest overview planed also for this app but there was a need to speed things up so we decided to skip it. Level map is a good idea & more save locations could make things more easier.

As for gameplay- It's a bit confusing since the demo is starting in the middle of the game. When you arrive at the castle Zardax androids are not attacking any more. They have already taken what they wanted(Artha power source) & there is only a few of them guarding the portal(passage to their home world) in the lower wing of the castle in case they need to come back again for some reason.

Artha soldiers can't do anything without their power source & are just praying for a miracle, counting on you to try to fix things up. You are instructed to try to find a book that would help you survive once you leave the upper parts of the castle, because the book contains maps to some of the castle traps in the lower wing.

As for book, you need the key to unlock it without damaging it & none has it so you will have to make the key yourself grin Steps are these: take the sword from admin room, go to workshop room, turn the valve to let the petrol in the machine, put the sword in machine & press the handle. Machine will melt the sword and you'll have a chunk of metal. Take it to the other machine & create a key. You could also check out the walkthrough video if you have time.

I think that these gameplay problems would be resolved much easier if I just took time & implemented that quest overview when i had a chance.

Thanx again for checking out the demo smile

EDIT: forgot to answer you on the water shader question- it's the standard fx_water_mirror action from mtlFX script with just a bit bigger BMAP size (it's 512/512) smile

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: aztec] #324286
05/20/10 08:17
05/20/10 08:17
S
Scifi Offline
Scifi  Offline
S

where's the handbar of the gun grin

Re: Blade Of Power [Re: Scifi] #324460
05/20/10 22:18
05/20/10 22:18
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline OP
Ganderoleg  Offline OP

Balkan
It's a custom made gun because the main character tragically accidentally cut off his hands while shaving smile

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de