Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by dr_panther. 05/18/24 11:01
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dr_panther, Ayumi), 702 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
[FIXED] - Need help creating lighting for entities. #269654
06/04/09 00:27
06/04/09 00:27
USA
P
paracharlie Offline OP
paracharlie  Offline OP
P

USA
Hello everyone first time posting. I am using lite C and creating a game. I am creating an action buildings() in my buildings.c file for all building models in my game and I am trying to create a level of ambient light on my model that it will maintain on all surfaces whether day or night. The first picture is what it looks like now and the second picture is sort of the ambience that you see on the face of the building that I would like to maintain during my dynamic day/night transition. I am using Loopix's wonderful environment for my base. I've been working on this for almost a week and I just cannot figure out how to maintain ambient light on all the surfaces of the model. Please help me figure out this detail for my action. I look forward to your help.

Code:
action buildings(){
	fx_bump();
	ent_building = me;
	set(my, POLYGON);
	VECTOR temp;				
	if(is(my,set_my_z)){
		vec_set(temp, my.z);
		temp.z -= 2000;
		my.z -= c_trace (my.x, temp, IGNORE_ME | IGNORE_YOU | IGNORE_SPRITES | IGNORE_PASSABLE); 
		my.z = my.z + my.z_adjust;		
	}
	if(is(my,set_my_pan)){
		my.pan = my.pan_angle;
	}
	if(is(my,set_my_ambient)){

//this is where I have been trying to figure out      a way to maintain an ambience on all the surfaces of the model

}
} 

This pic is what it looks like now:
[img]http://content.glidesociety.com/image.aspx?id=84be7c58-a831-4cc5-a51a-9d1a09b0560c[/img]
This pic is sort of the ambience that I would like to maintain on all surfaces of the model day or night.
[img]http://content.glidesociety.com/image.aspx?id=60715c99-ce29-4155-8644-8a8f34af1cd5[/img]

I have latest A7 commercial edition.
Sorry about the pics not showing not sure how to fix that either lol. I'm really doing good here. frown

Last edited by paracharlie; 06/05/09 02:54.

A8 Commercial
Re: Need help creating lighting for entities. [Re: paracharlie] #269877
06/05/09 02:54
06/05/09 02:54
USA
P
paracharlie Offline OP
paracharlie  Offline OP
P

USA
Ok I would like to apologize because I figured out that you can do the same thing through MED's manage skin menu. Skin settings and then adjust material settings there for emissive, ambient and specular adjustments.

This problem has been fixed.

A8 Commercial

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de