by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Israel is on the move #244294
01/03/09 22:06
01/03/09 22:06
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline OP
Expert
NITRO777  Offline OP
Expert

analysis paralysis
Israel is moving ground troops into the Gaza strip.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/world/middleeast/04mideast.html?em The Israeli prime minister is quoted as saying they will be inflicting "maximum damage" to the Hamas.

It will interest me to see the reactions this will inspire from other countries, and what will happen during the conflict...I wonder if that Romac kid is still in the Israeli army..

Re: Israel is on the move [Re: NITRO777] #244300
01/03/09 22:54
01/03/09 22:54
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
i think it's not right from Israel side that they've sent their troops into Gaza strip neither do i approve theirs rocket bombardment.
on the other hand i'm not approving Hamas, ofc nor any other people that is saying something against israel.

they're Jewish and they're surrounded with muslim countries and hamas is driving them crazy. unfortunantly they dont see any peaceful way of solving this...

i think that most countries are on the Israel side. for example, take a look at their weapons and military stuff and see from where did they get all that stuff.
also try to remember of the History class in school. as i remember, israel didnt lose any war since they became founded/created.

i hope this makes sense, cause i didnt know how to explain that on better way smile

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Israel is on the move [Re: NITRO777] #244301
01/03/09 22:55
01/03/09 22:55
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Yup, heard about it late December. I'm guessing Israel isn't going to slow down... but I do wonder why nobody is complaining. (At least, last thing I've heard was America wasn't too happy about it, but no sanctions or anything!)

Quote:

they're Jewish and they're surrounded with muslim countries and hamas is driving them crazy. unfortunantly they dont see any peaceful way of solving this...

It's more the other way around. Israel is downright misbehaving in that area. Photographs and video prove this,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Israel is on the move [Re: PHeMoX] #244304
01/03/09 23:16
01/03/09 23:16
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline OP
Expert
NITRO777  Offline OP
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
Yup, heard about it late December
Bombing maybe, but they just today have moved ground forces grin

Quote:
i think it's not right from Israel side that they've sent their troops into Gaza strip neither do i approve theirs rocket bombardment.
on the other hand i'm not approving Hamas, ofc nor any other people that is saying something against israel.
Lets just hope that after 4 decades of trouble that there will be a resolution for both sides. It seems to be hopeless though

Last edited by TriNitroToluene; 01/03/09 23:20.
Re: Israel is on the move [Re: NITRO777] #244308
01/03/09 23:48
01/03/09 23:48
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Quote:
It's more the other way around. Israel is downright misbehaving in that area. Photographs and video prove this,

granted what they are doing is not right, but i dont blame them at all. what would you do if innocent people in your country being killed by neighboring countries, because you believe something different than them?

Re: Israel is on the move [Re: NITRO777] #244309
01/03/09 23:50
01/03/09 23:50
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
The same procedure as every year, Ja... erm... Israel.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Israel is on the move [Re: NITRO777] #244319
01/04/09 00:48
01/04/09 00:48
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Yeah, I meant the bombing indeed. The latest stuff going on with them mobilizing ground forces is new indeed, but it had to get out of control some time. I'm not surprised about the propaganda flyers, media black-out and so on though.

I'm sure Hamas is going to retaliate and so is Israel in their turn. It's totally hopeless as long as 'we' let them figure it out on their own.

I don't want to sound antisemitic and I really got nothing against Jews (got plenty of Jewish friends and even family), but really 'the Jews' from World War 2 should have never gotten their state of Israel. It just was not right in the sense of taking land that wasn't theirs.

Quote:
granted what they are doing is not right, but i dont blame them at all. what would you do if innocent people in your country being killed by neighboring countries, because you believe something different than them?

Well, lets just say that I don't believe in the 'eye for an eye'-torture and violence kind of thing when it comes to stupidity. What I mean is that this conflict was as inevitable as it is futile.

You know, Israel has been dropping bombs lately claiming they have been hit by rockets from Hamas, but according to Hamas there has been quite a few times where Hamas actually kept their word and Israel did not. Of course, then I haven't started talking about why it's never been a fair fight either. 3 Israeli casualties, means retaliation that kills hundreds. I can see why Hamas is so popular these days,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Israel is on the move [Re: PHeMoX] #244326
01/04/09 01:08
01/04/09 01:08
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
Quote:

Quote:
________________________________________________________________________________

exactly!

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Israel is on the move [Re: croman] #244329
01/04/09 01:38
01/04/09 01:38
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Quote:
but really 'the Jews' from World War 2 should have never gotten their state of Israel. It just was not right in the sense of taking land that wasn't theirs.

I very much agree, but that was more everyone elses doing than israel's. for some reason we decided it was our duty to take others land and just give it away. being a christian i have a lot of fellow christians who say the land was "promised to them by god" but even this isnt a valid argument, because if god promised it to them, its not mans job to do so, it is whatever events god places to get them there. really i get annoyed by the whole situation.

Re: Israel is on the move [Re: lostclimate] #244332
01/04/09 01:53
01/04/09 01:53
Germany
T
Toast Offline
Serious User
Toast  Offline
Serious User
T

Germany
Well the entire situation down there was fucked up right from the beginning. When it's about the creation of Israel imo it's pretty much like the same people doing the same god-damn stupidity yet again. With that I mean the fantastic idea of creating a state in a sort of "random" manner...

Yet again because can't we all see how wonderful this principle works in the post-imperialistic Africa? Countries containing different antagonised tribes which beat the shit out of each other every day just because they live in an area that was defined as one whole country. Imo drawing some new borders in an occupied area is a failure right from the beginning. Maybe things will stabilize some day but how many people need to die just to get some states working the way they were planned?

It's plain sad! frown

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de