Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
basik85278
by basik85278. 04/28/24 08:56
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (SBGuy, Quad), 768 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: JibbSmart] #240397
12/10/08 19:26
12/10/08 19:26
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:
I'm sorry to dissapoint. In my inferior mind the arguement did made sense..

I understand that this thread is meant for fun, but being that I'm a disagreeable jerk, I think I'll nitpick your logic anyway. smile

Quote:
So, either you need to review your Bible that says God doesn't show up because he wants to give people freedom of choice or say that Int. Design doesn't really prove God but you can't have the pie and eat it too cause the two together clash (like a zillion other things in this religion).

Really, this could be part of a much larger epistemic argument, which I don't have the wherewithall to participate in. However, my initial reaction would be to ask you to quote the verse which says that God doesn't appear because that would prove His existence. I don't recall such a verse. If you can quote that verse, then we can talk.

Here's a shocker, even if such a verse exists, it's always possible that the Bible is generally correct with the exception of that one verse (being that the verse is, according to you, illogical). This is probably a controversial conclusion, but it's worth considering.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: Irish_Farmer] #240410
12/10/08 20:25
12/10/08 20:25
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:
I understand that this thread is meant for fun, but being that I'm a disagreeable jerk, I think I'll nitpick your logic anyway. smile

nitpick away, you bastard :P

Quote:
Really, this could be part of a much larger epistemic argument, which I don't have the wherewithall to participate in. However, my initial reaction would be to ask you to quote the verse which says that God doesn't appear because that would prove His existence. I don't recall such a verse. If you can quote that verse, then we can talk.

Lol, r u asking from me to find a bible quote for you ?:P I don't know what's in that book, I'm just saying that since everytime I ask a christian "If there's a God, why doesn't he show up" I always end up with the answer I mentioned before, this argument fits. But how about this: I'm happy that I disprove christians claiming the God needs faith, you're happy that it's not in the bible so it doesn't matter anyway, so how about we leave it at that and make this the shortest religious discussion ever?

Cheeers,
Aris

PS: I'm running out of jokes to write, but here's a random pic I found.. If Jesus was a forum user...

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: LarryLaffer] #240437
12/10/08 22:55
12/10/08 22:55
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Larry, it's a good thing that God is patient and long-suffering, but one day you will have to answer to Him.

Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: smitty] #240441
12/10/08 23:41
12/10/08 23:41
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Well, I guess if I finally do meet God and he looks angry at me, I'd just say:

-Why so serious?

Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: LarryLaffer] #240446
12/11/08 00:03
12/11/08 00:03
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

When you meet Him, and you will, I do not think you will have anything to say.

Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: smitty] #240613
12/11/08 18:02
12/11/08 18:02
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Well you clearly seem offended but try to hide it behind your "christian" good manners.. All I'm saying is, if there was a God it sounds to me that he'd be able to take a joke, being he's all-knowing and all-everything..

But anyway, you seem like the usual totally brainwashed bible loving kid (you say you're an adult but from your posts I'd be surprised if you're even 16 or so..), so I have totally no interest in arguing with you about God being real and all that. This is a humour thread, so either contribute to the topic or kindly gtfo my thread wink Excuse my french..

So.. check this awesome picture out.. It's a slightly altered picture of the one on the evolution of man and shows how everything from politics and religion is all being done for the same thing.. Figure out what it is and win..something :P

Btw, I'm not too familiar with forum's rules on photos like this which may have some nudity in them. Let me know if this ain't appropriate and i'll just make it an external link instead.

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: LarryLaffer] #241603
12/17/08 14:45
12/17/08 14:45
A
amy Offline
amy  Offline
A

http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

Quote:
C would be Judaism - it's old and restrictive, but most of the world is familiar with its laws and respects them. The catch is, you can't convert into it - you're either into it from the start, or you will think that it's insanity. Also, when things go wrong, many people are willing to blame the problems of the world on it.

Java would be Fundamentalist Christianity - it's theoretically based on C, but it voids so many of the old laws that it doesn't feel like the original at all. Instead, it adds its own set of rigid rules, which its followers believe to be far superior to the original. Not only are they certain that it's the best language in the world, but they're willing to burn those who disagree at the stake.

PHP would be Cafeteria Christianity - Fights with Java for the web market. It draws a few concepts from C and Java, but only those that it really likes. Maybe it's not as coherent as other languages, but at least it leaves you with much more freedom and ostensibly keeps the core idea of the whole thing. Also, the whole concept of "goto hell" was abandoned.

C++ would be Islam - It takes C and not only keeps all its laws, but adds a very complex new set of laws on top of it. It's so versatile that it can be used to be the foundation of anything, from great atrocities to beautiful works of art. Its followers are convinced that it is the ultimate universal language, and may be angered by those who disagree. Also, if you insult it or its founder, you'll probably be threatened with death by more radical followers.

C# would be Mormonism - At first glance, it's the same as Java, but at a closer look you realize that it's controlled by a single corporation (which many Java followers believe to be evil), and that many theological concepts are quite different. You suspect that it'd probably be nice, if only all the followers of Java wouldn't discriminate so much against you for following it.

Lisp would be Zen Buddhism - There is no syntax, there is no centralization of dogma, there are no deities to worship. The entire universe is there at your reach - if only you are enlightened enough to grasp it. Some say that it's not a language at all; others say that it's the only language that makes sense.

Haskell would be Taoism - It is so different from other languages that many people don't understand how can anyone use it to produce anything useful. Its followers believe that it's the true path to wisdom, but that wisdom is beyond the grasp of most mortals.

Erlang would be Hinduism - It's another strange language that doesn't look like it could be used for anything, but unlike most other modern languages, it's built around the concept of multiple simultaneous deities.

Perl would be Voodoo - An incomprehensible series of arcane incantations that involve the blood of goats and permanently corrupt your soul. Often used when your boss requires you to do an urgent task at 21:00 on friday night.

Lua would be Wicca - A pantheistic language that can easily be adapted for different cultures and locations. Its code is very liberal, and allows for the use of techniques that might be described as magical by those used to more traditional languages. It has a strong connection to the moon.

Ruby would be Neo-Paganism - A mixture of different languages and ideas that was beaten together into something that might be identified as a language. Its adherents are growing fast, and although most people look at them suspiciously, they are mostly well-meaning people with no intention of harming anyone.

Python would be Humanism: It's simple, unrestrictive, and all you need to follow it is common sense. Many of the followers claim to feel relieved from all the burden imposed by other languages, and that they have rediscovered the joy of programming. There are some who say that it is a form of pseudo-code.

COBOL would be Ancient Paganism - There was once a time when it ruled over a vast region and was important, but nowadays it's almost dead, for the good of us all. Although many were scarred by the rituals demanded by its deities, there are some who insist on keeping it alive even today.

APL would be Scientology - There are many people who claim to follow it, but you've always suspected that it's a huge and elaborate prank that got out of control.

LOLCODE would be Pastafarianism - An esoteric, Internet-born belief that nobody really takes seriously, despite all the efforts to develop and spread it.

Visual Basic would be Satanism - Except that you don't REALLY need to sell your soul to be a Satanist...

Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: amy] #241607
12/17/08 15:04
12/17/08 15:04
Nashua NH
heinekenbottle Offline
heinekenbottle  Offline

Nashua NH
Quote:

Visual Basic would be Satanism - Except that you don't REALLY need to sell your soul to be a Satanist...

LoL, I remember learning VBASIC in high school.

It was indeed a satanic code.

I was once Anonymous_Alcoholic.

Code Breakpoint;
Re: Disproving God has never been so funny.. [Re: heinekenbottle] #241679
12/18/08 03:39
12/18/08 03:39
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
i'm pretty sure you can convert to Judaism, and perhaps even C wink but yeah, C's best learned at the start.

some good parallels there.

i like Python laugh but who doesn't?

i feel very fortunate to have never been part of VBASIC.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite