Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Skin not attaching... #221555
08/14/08 18:07
08/14/08 18:07
USA East Coast
K
KojaK Offline OP
KojaK  Offline OP
K

USA East Coast
I have this strange glitch that seems to be dependant on the number of entities I have in my level. Sometimes, the skin doesn't attach to the model, and it is pure white...

NOTE: these models were made in maya PLE and exported using the exporter on the main conitec page. These models were not UVed, and I simply deleted the existing skin and replaced it with a grate texture.

Last edited by KojaK; 08/14/08 18:08.

Lead programmer for Two Screws Loose Click here for our forums, and downloads for our games
Re: Skin not attaching... [Re: KojaK] #221582
08/14/08 23:48
08/14/08 23:48
Toronto
MadMark Offline
User
MadMark  Offline
User

Toronto
I notice that the models are slightly moved between pix. I have had this problem when a model is either touching another model, or penetrates the floor or walls. Might not be your issue, just an observation.

Cheers,
Mark

People who live in glass houses shouldn't vacuum naked.
Re: Skin not attaching... [Re: MadMark] #222463
08/19/08 14:43
08/19/08 14:43
USA East Coast
K
KojaK Offline OP
KojaK  Offline OP
K

USA East Coast
It could be that it is penetrating the floor... The models do drop down from above. I'll have to try adding glide to the move commands.

Another strange thing, the white ball on the platform, it has no skin. It's just transparent, allowing you to see the image behind it. The problem is, it's becoming visible randomly. I set up a function to make one model at 0,0,0 every frame, and the ball flashes from visible to transparent. I tried setting the ball's transparency and alpha every frame, but that didn't work!

Lead programmer for Two Screws Loose Click here for our forums, and downloads for our games
Re: Skin not attaching... [Re: KojaK] #222482
08/19/08 16:11
08/19/08 16:11
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

What version of the engine is being used?
(Not fishing for warez users.)
If A7 is being used, if a bug exists in the engine, correction might still be possible.
However, if A7 is being used, and that is declared, there will be no attempt to reproduce the issue here, in the near future.

(A6.60 is used here.
Use of A6.50 is not recommended, but indeed, there are plenty of bugs in 6.60 that probably won't be removed, ...ever.)

The white ball has no skin?
Was a skin assigned to it?

Quoting KojaK.
Quote:
These models were not UVed

Certainly, the models have some sort of UV mapping.

(white ball)
Quote:
The problem is, it's becoming visible randomly.

Quote:
I set up a function to make one model at 0,0,0 every frame,

Strange results might not be unexpected in that case.

@MadMark
Perhaps, 'you' are a "Maya PLE" user also?
Maybe the issue can only be newly produced easily, with a model exported via a certain exporter?

Actually, although, visible with skin in MED, one model in the library is seemingly completely white in the engine, regardless of several attempts to correct.
It was a free model submitted by another party.

Is there a small sample project available where some of the issues might be observed 'live'?

Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de