Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, dpn), 1,328 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near #203164
04/20/08 04:08
04/20/08 04:08
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
This is a website I ran into some time ago , It talks about the bible prophecies in revalations , particularly with the ones dealing with the beasts and the end of times. Now , I'm not really a religious person (if I've attended church more than once in my life it's too much) , but I do have a firm believe in God. This site makes some very convincing arguments suppoprting their theories of who they believe this beasts represent , and how near the end of times is. I must , say , I do believe they have decifered those prophecies , and in fact, soon we will see if they are right. Well , here's the link , I'm really looking forward to what you all will think about all this , it's extremely interesting.

http://www.worldslastchance.com/

Here's a link to some videos , for those who dont wanna read too much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUH4fu4NheQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QHrDYX9KI&feature=related

Beasts of revelation revealed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRQrA5UrRgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNTCzJJwUk

On a side note , as insane as all this might seem to some , we are definately living some strange times , we are at a technology peak which have never before been seen (just look at how people were living a hunred years ago) , we have nuclear bombs ,space ships , massive armies , and power and knowledge beyond the scope of all our ancesstors). Our times grow incrisingly violent , with crime everywhere (it's now cool to be a criminal) , society has pretty much no moral values what so ever , we are technically living in a modern age Sodom and Gomorrah. Homosexuality is accepted and rampant (gay pride parades :|) , our women of today are all basically either whores or manhaters , there are few good women abound (what happened to waiting till your married) or at least till reaching adulthood. The government and judicial system grows more and more hostile towards it's civilians. We have the climate crisis , record number of hurricanes , earthquakes , temperatures. This are all things we definately should take under consideration , and maybe realize that , maybe we are living in a world increasingly being controlled by the evil entity. Well I've gone on too long , again , am looking forward to everyone's responses.

Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #203165
04/20/08 04:24
04/20/08 04:24
Spirit Offline

Spirit  Offline

You are right about the technology peak, but wrong about the moral values.

Western society today is still far away from perfect, but has better moral standards than most other societies at any time before. Human rights were unknown before 1700. Violence was omnipresent in the middle ages and in ancient times, and ruled daily life much more than today (if you don't actually live in Afghanistan or Iraq).

A good example is the moral standards of the Old Testament, where genocide and murder was normal and even committed by God. We're still bad, but far better than the ancient Hebrews or Egypts. And far better than God, for that matter. ;\)

Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: testDummy] #203173
04/20/08 06:23
04/20/08 06:23
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
I didnt really understand anything you said TestDummy. I really meant thoughts about the prophecies . About the technologies , yeah , tomorrow we might have something new , but the point is comparing now with just 100 years ago , to see the big difference , and you must keep in mind that 100 years is just 1 generation. Lets go back 500 years (just 5 generations) , yeah , thats arounndu when columbus discovered america , and the time of the Mayans and Aztecs. Now , consider when the scientists talk about the earth , always in billions and billions of years. Look at the difference in our advancements in just a miniscule 500 years.The Bible also mentions us destroying our world if the coming of the lord would not happen , now , look at our world , even with all the danger of nuclear war , we are actually in a war as I type this (well not really in war , but we just had one, and theres a possibility of having another one with Iran (from the speeches bush gave on iran not long ago). So , lets put this into perspective , with our current governments , our current weapons of mass destruction , our current mindset as nations , our current global climate crisis , our ever growing population and need for resources , do you really think we could last more than a couple hundred years if left on our own ? Let's also not forget in the last hundred years we have had TWO world wars. We could have another world war any minute , one which could have catastrophic consequenses. Do you really think our governments are capable of keeping peace forever ?

And thats the problem , it's not really the worlds people , civilians for the most part are decent people , but the world is not run by us , it's ran by governments , so when you anylize this , you have to think about it from the perspective of the ones ruling the world and their current mindset (dont have have every growing armies and every growing number of weapons and nuclear weapons and constantly looking for new and more poowerfull weapons and bombs). Does that sound like the world has peace in mind ? So just from looking at all this , it's not hard to come to the conclusion that if left alone , it is almost a sure thing we wouldnt last more than a couple hundred years before we all killed each other.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 04/20/08 06:27.
Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: testDummy] #203187
04/20/08 09:42
04/20/08 09:42
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
Yes TestDummy , at least take a look at the website and the videos , as I'm sure you havnt even looked at them and have already posted 2 replies irrelevant to the subject.

Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #203197
04/20/08 11:04
04/20/08 11:04
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
a fun read, if you have the time to read it all. it's an interesting idea, but i think in the absolute least it over-emphasises the important of having a Saturday-Sabbath over a Sunday-Sabbath, and forgets that the Bible itself says that no one will be expecting it when the Last Day comes.

it's somewhat clever, but i wouldn't read too much into it. any true Christian is saved anyway, so i don't particularly care when the end comes, except i would like more time to see friends and loved ones saved.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: JibbSmart] #203786
04/24/08 06:22
04/24/08 06:22
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline OP
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline OP
Warned

U.S.
Wow , I really would have thought this thread would have had more replies.

Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: Spirit] #203806
04/24/08 10:53
04/24/08 10:53
G
Gumby22don Offline
Gumby22don  Offline
G

Spirit - I think anyone who says we have better morales than God a little worrying (no offence meant :P)

I think the problem with your argument is its only valid in the eye's of todays "human rights" ideals; you're not looking at our actions these days compared to what God set out for us.

I like what I see in the world pushing for more human rights, but to me human rights are a part of humans running the world, as the custodians like God set up for us. The commandments God set out are more about having some sort of relationship with God, and not removing anyone elses' ability to have that relationship. While I believe God is good (TM), I doubt seriously that he's judging us the same way we are.

Don
have a great day

Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: Gumby22don] #203824
04/24/08 12:01
04/24/08 12:01
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
It watched all the videos and at the beginning the results were already clear for me.
But i think it is kinda weird to use the bible which is the holy book of the beast against the beast. This is not reliable.
And additionally in the first 2 vids they say that john paul II is the beast. But now he is gone and what happened nothing? So needed a new theory and just mixed some stuff to get the wanted result for example the thing with the 1260 years.
I can do that too:
if i add all the numbers of my birthday 21.12.1990 = 2023 and divide it by 3 which is the number of pizza-boxes in front of me i get 674+1/3 and now subtract 8+1/3 wich are the liters of ice tea i currently have remaining here i get 666 omfg!!!!
i am the beast Oo

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #203831
04/24/08 12:30
04/24/08 12:30
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
 Quote:
massive armies

Most are passive armies actually, but I see your point. No soldiers, no war, so in this case I agree with you.

Quote:
Homosexuality is accepted and rampant (gay pride parades :|)

Homophobic or what? Didn't your 'God' create all people as equal? If you think otherwise, then history clearly hasn't taught you anything. Besides, what exactly is wrong with the current sexual freedom? There are still a lot of countries in which gays are simply killed, do you think that's correct then? I'm not gay, but I definitely believe that these people should not be killed because of their sexual nature. (and no, I'm not against the death penalty actually)

Quote:
we are at a technology peak which have never before been seen

It's called progress and I always thought that was a good thing. We're moving forward with our technology and even though there's no doubt on my mind that we have made and continue to make some mistakes, I don't see how you can be scared of progress.

Quote:
The government and judicial system grows more and more hostile towards it's civilians.

True and that's something that's really bothering me too. As is the influence religious parties tend to have on certain policies. People get scared, vote for the more religious parties et voíla next thing you know they will try to chance laws back into the medieval ones... I also don't like how people are being 'policed' around.

Quote:
We have the climate crisis , record number of hurricanes , earthquakes , temperatures. This are all things we definately should take under consideration , and maybe realize that , maybe we are living in a world increasingly being controlled by the evil entity.

I do not follow this kind of logic. Yes, so there are more hurricanes and earthquakes and temperatures changes. What this means is that our global climate is changing. Big deal, it has changed before over a million times. We humans might not live to see the next global climate change or survive this one, but interpreting this as the 'works of evil' is so strange.

Quote:
And additionally in the first 2 vids they say that john paul II is the beast. But now he is gone and what happened nothing? So needed a new theory and just mixed some stuff to get the wanted result for example the thing with the 1260 years.

That's because they do not care about facts or even the actual doom of our planet, they are only interested in the power of fear and how they are able to control people. Nothing happened, because nothing is going to happen. It's all based on the simple psychology that you 'can't rule out the possibility and THEREFORE you should be scared as heck'... 'oww, and donate here to be saved*'.

Cheers

*no money, no guarantees.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Worlds Last Chance , The End Is Near [Re: PHeMoX] #203834
04/24/08 13:38
04/24/08 13:38
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
*underlining phemox post and signing it with my blood and donate some money to him to get my guarantee*

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite