by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, TedMar), 1,243 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Invisible block for no reason #199680
03/31/08 23:05
03/31/08 23:05
Ohio
xbox Offline OP
xbox  Offline OP

Ohio
Hey, I am building a map and i have a main hollowed out cube to start in. On one wall, the side became completely invisible with out the invisible block checked. I tried adding another block right behind it and texturing it but it seems as if the block was never even put in the level. I don't have any scripts running. Also, I realized this after i published the first level (for testing purposes) and when i went back to the original level, it got even worse. So i then imported the WMB file from the published version and used it as a map entity and i tried the same thing but it still doesn't work. It appears fine in Wed, but when i run it, it goes invisible.

I didn't know if it was just the graphics card or not(since i have to run my games with -w3d(weak mode)) so i published it and used it on a better computer but still the same problem, here are some screen shots of it.

BTW, in the pics, i am using the WMB. The WMP, is much much worse.

In WED,
http://www.geocities.com/wheelierider1991/WED.bmp

This is the game running,
http://www.geocities.com/wheelierider1991/RUN.bmp

any and all help will be appreciated.

Re: Invisible block for no reason [Re: xbox] #200029
04/02/08 09:44
04/02/08 09:44
Ohio
xbox Offline OP
xbox  Offline OP

Ohio
Apparently, no one else has had this problem. I found a quick fix for it. You have to place a sprite in place of the wall, with out deleting the actual wall, then what ever texture your using, you have to extract it to a bmp, then you must place it in the level. To save time (especially on LARGE levels) just hit Build, then click UPDATE ENTITIES, then click OK. this will add your new image to the level with out having to wait an hour or two to rebuild.

Re: Invisible block for no reason [Re: xbox] #200227
04/03/08 04:31
04/03/08 04:31
Sweden
tindust Offline
tindust  Offline

Sweden
Vaguely recall having had this problem a while back. I just rebuilt the file with the blocks from scratch and it worked as it should. Apparently the first file was corrupted in some way.

cheers,

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de