by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] #199265
12/05/07 09:31
12/05/07 09:31
germany, dresden
ulf Offline OP
Serious User
Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG]

"Video Game Brings Back the Spirit of Good Old Arcade Action"

ackBytes would like to announce the release of Marble Sheep! The funny casual marble arcade action game for players of all ages. Wich offers exciting action and unique gameplay - for both the casual gamer and hardcore player.

The player must help a little sheep - with the marvellous name "Utz Wollewutz", who is trapped inside a magic marble to complete a total of 30 arcade-style levels. Packed with tons of different enemies, power-ups and logic challenges - each to be solved in a given time. The realistic physics engine gives the game an extrem high replayability value. The game also runs very good on older pc systems and is suited for all ages.

Thanks to everyone here on the forum, that helped me during the development of the game. Especially those who voted and believed in the game during the casual game contest. Winning that was a big motivational plus. Now have a lot of fun with the demo! If you like it, please consider buying it for only 14,95 $ to support independent game developers.

Press/Publisher Contact: info@marblesheep.com

Download 4 level demo from the website

Buy the 30 level game

Watch the YouTube video

Visit the official site

Here are some screenshots (click to view 800x600 size)

---German---

"Videospiel bringt den guten alten Spielhallenspass zurück an den heimischen PC"

ackBytes ist stolz darauf, die Veröffentlichung von Marble Sheep bekanntzugeben! Das lustige Casual Murmelspiel für Spieler jeden Alters, welches einzigartige Action und nie dagewesenen Spielspass bietet - egal ob man Freizeitspieler oder Hardcoregamer ist.

Der Spieler steuert Utz das kleine Schaf und muss versuchen unter Zeitdruck das jeweilige Level zu absolvieren. Dabei gibt es jede Menge Hindernisse wie z.B. Wasser, Magneten, fleischfressende Pflanzen sowie einige Gegner die dem Spieler das Leben schwer machen. Am Ende eines Levels werden die Punkte gezählt, es gibt sogar eine Onlinehighscoreliste in der Spieler aus der ganzen Welt um die Wette zocken! Die realistische Physikengine verleiht dem Spiel einen enorm hohen Wiederspielwert. Das Spiel ist auch gut lauffähig auf älteren Rechnern und für jede Altersgruppe geeignet!

Vielen Dank, an alle aus dem Forum, welche mir geholfen haben. Speziell auch allen, die während des Casual Game Contest an das Spiel geglaubt haben. Der Sieg des Wettbewerbs war nochmal ein mächtiger Motivationsschub. Nun aber viel Spass beim herunterladen der Demo, wenn euch das Spiel gefällt, kauft es doch einfach für nur 9,95 € und unterstützt uns als unabhängige Spieleentwickler.

Presse/Publisher Kontakt: info@marblesheep.de

4 Level Demo herunterladen

30 Level Spiel kaufen

YouTube Video anschauen

Offizielle Webseite besuchen

Hier sind einige Screenshots (anklicken um in 800x600 zu betrachten)

Last edited by ulf; 12/05/07 13:00.
33 Comments
Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: ulf] #199285
12/08/07 12:03
12/08/07 12:03
ch
Loopix Offline
User
Loopix  Offline
User

ch
Congratulation Ulf! I played the demo and was amazed about the professionality in this game...everything fits together and runs smoothly (exept from the "behind 3.person cam" that flips angles because of too much lag)! I wish you good look with the sales!

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: Loopix] #199286
12/09/07 12:36
12/09/07 12:36
germany, dresden
ulf Offline OP
Serious User
ulf  Offline OP
Serious User

germany, dresden
thanks, youre the first one that experiences lag in the game. maybe you had something running in the background? or do you mean the bumps when you hit something with the marble?

if you guys dont mind and want to show some love for a gamestudio game, you could digg the story at digg.com and help spread the word. I also posted a link over at Milk & Cookies wich you are welcome to rate. thanks a lot!

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: ulf] #199287
12/09/07 13:16
12/09/07 13:16
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Just a few questions about the female voice that you used in the game:

Did you use a tool which translates written text into voice?
And, if so, where did you find this quite natural voice?
And are there others in that quality, for instance male voices, too?

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: Pappenheimer] #199288
12/09/07 18:47
12/09/07 18:47
germany, dresden
ulf Offline OP
Serious User
ulf  Offline OP
Serious User

germany, dresden
nope i didnt use such a tool, i just asked my girlfriend to do it. it was hard because she was laughing all the time in front of the microphone...
the mic was a cheap sennheiser headset with a onboard soundcard, i used audacity to edit the wav file.

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: ulf] #199289
12/09/07 18:54
12/09/07 18:54
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Ups! I'm impressed! Sexy voice!

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: ulf] #199290
12/09/07 20:58
12/09/07 20:58
ch
Loopix Offline
User
Loopix  Offline
User

ch
Quote:

youre the first one that experiences lag in the game

No...I don't experiance any lag! I ment the tilt angle flipping of the camera wich could be due to the camera smoothing(lag). I ran the demo on a superfast machine (maybe that was even the reason for the tilt flipping?). Anyhow...it's not a big deal.

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: Loopix] #199291
12/11/07 03:37
12/11/07 03:37
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
PLayed it and thought this was real cool but couldnt master the gameplay to really enjoy it.
No probs at all for the time I spent on it.

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: Nems] #199292
12/11/07 12:57
12/11/07 12:57
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
Habs jetzt durch und es gibt so ein paar Dinge die mir nicht gefielen.

• Intro + Outro fand ich etwas lieblos und die Animationen spielten viel zu langsam ab
  • Die Bomben fand ich teilweise ZU fies da ich oft nicht anders konnte als die Bomben auszulösen und hinunter zu fallen
  • Einige Ecken/Gegner im Spiel waren fies platziert, so das man erst einmal rein rasen musste um festzustellen das dort was ist
  • In der Eiswelt wo die Teleporter sind (unsichtbare Röhren ) gab es welche mit und ohne Rückenwand. Dann gab es aber auch solche Rahmen die aussahen wie Teleporter, aber keine waren. Die hatten ebenfalls eine Rückwand, durch die ich aber durchfahren konnte und somit runter fiel

Das ist erstmal alles was mir spontan einfällt. Das Spiel macht sonst wirklich Spaß und es ist eine witzige Alternative zu Hamsterball.
Bin mal gespannt was wir sonst so für Spiele von dir in Zukunft sehen werden

Darf man mal fragen wieviel "Exemplare" du bereits verkauft hast (von MarbleSheep)?

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #199293
12/11/07 21:32
12/11/07 21:32
germany, dresden
ulf Offline OP
Serious User
ulf  Offline OP
Serious User

germany, dresden
freut mich, dass es dir gefallen hat! werde deine punkte nochmal durchsehen.
mit den verkaufszahlen bisher bin ich ganz zufrieden, mal sehen wie es so ist wenn seo und werbung einschlagen. die conversion rate ist bis jetzt ganz normal bis gut. feedback ist mal abgesehen von ein paar verbesserungsvorschlägen durchgehend positiv.

Re: Marble Sheep starts rolling! [DEU/ENG] [Re: ulf] #199294
12/12/07 04:53
12/12/07 04:53
D
dib Offline
dib  Offline
D

the sheep control (Orientation???/direction???) and camera is very confusing.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de