by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TipmyPip, AndrewAMD), 1,151 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Monster Smash (Screenshots) #198677
06/22/07 21:27
06/22/07 21:27
Georgia, USA
N
Night Viper Offline OP
Monster Smash (Screenshots)

Here's some screenshots of a new project I'm working on, called Monster Smash. You can find additional info and screenshots on the site, and look for the release next week: NVG (Monster Smash)

Last edited by Night Viper; 06/23/07 02:38.
24 Comments
Re: Monster Smash (Released) [Re: EX Citer] #198697
07/10/07 00:35
07/10/07 00:35
Berlin, Germany
checkbutton Offline

Expert
checkbutton  Offline

Expert

Berlin, Germany
Great model, but some bad textures. Some repeat to often, are wrong scaled or just not fitting to the place where they are used.

I don't have a homepage, for god's sake!
Re: Monster Smash (Released) [Re: checkbutton] #198698
07/10/07 13:30
07/10/07 13:30
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
The Playermodel, tanks and all other interactive objects are good to very good (I like espacially how the rockets are flying ). The buildings need more details or textures with higher resolution. Or when I destroy the walls of a level of a building something interesting could be behind it like people taking a shower or something. There should be a big explosion when a level is destroyed (with soundeffekt). Otherwise itīs hard to say if itīs done or not.

The game plays much too slow. I know rampage world tour and I know itīs the same slow. But in your game everything is more huge but the buildings are repetetive so I recomment a faster gameplay. Faster to destroy buildings and maybe faster movement (walking). Jumping sometimes didnt worked. I had to climb somewhere before I could jump again.

A story line is missing. Because the levels are repetetive (got until the level with the choppers, there I died) a story would be something to know why I am still playing it. Story could be told between the levels by some 2D drawings or something. I mean I did ask myself where that monster dude came from or where this is supposed to end.

More weapons needed to destroy buildings faster. The buildings should break with less attacks. Maybe Climbing up and down could be faster too. And maybe you could add explosive barrels or tanks to throw at a building to destroy it complete on the first stroke. Would at more fun for sure.

Some objectives per level would make them less repetetive. For example destroy building A which is heavy protected by hard tanks (so I have to take out the heavy tanks first). Or eat 10 people at the marked place. Marked place is heavy protected aswell. Or find person xxx in house C (house is of course marked, but I donīt know in which floor she is). pick up person xvca and bring her to skyscrapper bda... and so on.

:L
Re: Monster Smash (Released) [Re: EX Citer] #198699
07/11/07 18:45
07/11/07 18:45
Georgia, USA
N
Night Viper Offline OP
Night Viper  Offline OP
N

Georgia, USA
I considered doing objective levels, but for this release I wanted to keep things simple. Like most projects, I still have a lot of ideas I'd like to do, so if I do decide to continue with a sequel, I'd probably take a more larger scope. But for this one, I wanted to make it fun and easy to play.

As for a story, well there is one that is revealed at the end of the game, It reveals why your destroying everything, but considering the light hearted nature of the game, I wouldn't exactly call it deep.

In other news, I have uploaded a trailer for those that want to see the game in action. And like everything else Monster Smash related you can find it here: Monster Smash Trailer

Re: Monster Smash (Demo) [Re: Night Viper] #198700
07/19/07 19:01
07/19/07 19:01
Georgia, USA
N
Night Viper Offline OP
Night Viper  Offline OP
N

Georgia, USA
The Monster Smash Demo is now up for grabs on the Monster Smash page. If you've been waiting for the chance to try the game out, here it is.

Last edited by Night Viper; 07/19/07 23:29.
Re: Monster Smash (Reduced Price) [Re: Night Viper] #198701
08/10/07 06:11
08/10/07 06:11
Georgia, USA
N
Night Viper Offline OP
Night Viper  Offline OP
N

Georgia, USA
Monster Smash smashes its price down to 0.99 cents, for a limited time only! Not only does this mark a month since the release of Monster Smash, but this is also the first game in a new line of value menu games. So, if you haven't downloaded Monster Smash yet, there's never been a better time.

Last edited by Night Viper; 08/10/07 14:55.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de