by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, 7th_zorro), 877 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Glider - GamesConvetion Demo #194904
08/12/05 11:44
08/12/05 11:44
Zapan@work Offline OP
User
Glider - GamesConvetion Demo

Hi

after ~t years of development here is a public preview version of our game "glider collect'n kill". The multiplayer and singleplay mode is completly functional.

At the beginnig we're post this thing only here on the gs board before it's going public within the next days.

DEMO (~115 MB)

Some ingame screenshots

Have fun
regards
André Weinhold / REVOgames GbR
Last edited by Zapan@work; 08/12/05 16:23.
105 Comments
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: Blattsalat] #194944
08/14/05 05:18
08/14/05 05:18
VPrime Offline
Expert
VPrime  Offline
Expert

after playing i some what agree with Blattsalat... the flying is fun.. but it doesnt feel like a plane or haover craft or any thing... i woudnt go as far as calling it template move script.. what i didnt like was when your turn or strafe+turn... your actual glider would just "slide"... i think it would be much more cooler if it actually "rolled" and tilted...

also it ried changing mouse sensitivity.. but it does almost nothing.. wayyyyyyy to snesitiv for me...

edit: i forgot to add.. the game was very fun though and i will be sutre to play again.. any1 up for some multiplayer?

Last edited by VPrime; 08/14/05 05:24.
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: Blattsalat] #194945
08/14/05 14:07
08/14/05 14:07
Zapan@work Offline OP
User
Zapan@work  Offline OP
User

movementcode:
We know that there is some missing "feedback" action when hitting by bullets and so on. Most players don't want such a feedback and we know many players whou dont'like the yager movement at all. This is a simple and fast gameplaymovment optimizied for big and small fighting areas.

world details:
There were many little objects which moves and so on. For example small people on the ground, other flyships in the air(waving trees are implimented). The thing was that no body cares about these things. While glider is a pure action game you have no time for looking around for such details. However this is a good point...

decals bruning wracks:
All this little "nice" details are implimented. But not activated for speed reasons.

menu:
The menu thing is our biggest problem due to missing multiplayer features of a6.

q3hit sound:
This is not the q3 hit sound.

Bots:
We're optimizing the bots right now and bring them to a much harder level on "bot like".

Dedicated server:
We plan to host an dedicated server and post some informations, soon.

Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: Zapan@work] #194946
08/14/05 14:13
08/14/05 14:13
Deutschland
sTOOs Offline
Expert
sTOOs  Offline
Expert

Deutschland
welche ports müssen offen sein? bekomme keien connection hin

Der Kuchen ist verteilt, die Krümmel werden knapp!
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: sTOOs] #194947
08/14/05 14:28
08/14/05 14:28
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
[Email]Zapan@work;[/Email] are you saying starting or running a multiplayer game is difficult, because of A6's multiplayer capabilities? Anyways, I would really like to test the multiplayer part of this game, so I'll post my own IP here later, when running a server..

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 08/14/05 15:09.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: PHeMoX] #194948
08/14/05 14:34
08/14/05 14:34
old_bill Offline
Senior Expert
old_bill  Offline
Senior Expert

Im Menü würde ich auch nochmal schauen, ob man nicht den gezeichneten Glanzeffekt in den 3 Ringen
korrigieren kann, da man da deutlich sieht, dass das nachträglich gemacht wurde,
da an den Übergängen die Linien nicht stimmen.

old_bill

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: PHeMoX] #194949
08/16/05 09:42
08/16/05 09:42
P
profmakx Offline
profmakx  Offline
P

Quote:

[Email]Zapan@work;[/Email] are you saying starting or running a multiplayer game is difficult, because of A6's multiplayer capabilities? Anyways, I would really like to test the multiplayer part of this game, so I'll post my own IP here later, when running a server..

Joe average gamer does not figure out that one has to open a game for oneself before playing online, he does expect a dedicated internetserver to be online, displaying games he can join, we already had emails about such "problems".
Now the Problem with A6 is that we cannot (easily) set up some dedicated server but have to write some kind of meeting-point which at best seemlessly integrates with the game and the A6 capabilities, meaning one of the opponents has to host the game "at home". Which can also lead to bandwidth problems when playing with 8 players i suppose. It would be nice if we got some feedback about internet-gaming, please including information about the connection.

That said, we are looking into implementing a server, but at this moment dont have the time do whip something up so stay tuned, after GC we will know more!

profmakx

Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: VPrime] #194950
08/16/05 09:51
08/16/05 09:51
P
profmakx Offline
profmakx  Offline
P

Quote:

after playing i some what agree with Blattsalat... the flying is fun.. but it doesnt feel like a plane or haover craft or any thing... i woudnt go as far as calling it template move script.. what i didnt like was when your turn or strafe+turn... your actual glider would just "slide"... i think it would be much more cooler if it actually "rolled" and tilted...

In early versions Gliders behaved much more realistically, but we abandoned this approach for fun´s sake. Its all about fast movement, Glider never cared about realism. What we also wanted to avoid was frustrating experiences with beginners. Always remember: We want to sell this game, and we cannot afford that someone has to learn complicated movements. One suche example I experienced myself was Clusterball (as we are compared to this piece of ... erm... software on a regular basis) i played this game about 2 minutes and didnt want to go on. On contrast Glider on GC2004: People came, 10 seconds explained at most and action began, and players stayed....
It´s not always about the most complicated or most sophisticated movement. This time its about fun... god. how I hate fun

I think about every Idea that has been posted was at one point implemented in Glider and later abandoned because it didnt make sense, it got too slow or whatever. So be assured that we will not in any way change the gamplay as its the result of a very long process. And we think it´s the best the way it is. (Apart from the things we would like to have but are not possible with A6 or whatever )

profmakx

Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: profmakx] #194951
08/16/05 11:56
08/16/05 11:56
Zagreb
R
r00tsh3ll Offline
r00tsh3ll  Offline
R

Zagreb
Quote:

Quote:

In early versions Gliders behaved much more realistically, but we abandoned this approach for fun´s sake. Its all about fast movement, Glider never cared about realism. What we also wanted to avoid was frustrating experiences with beginners. Always remember: We want to sell this game, and we cannot afford that someone has to learn complicated movements. One suche example I experienced myself was Clusterball (as we are compared to this piece of ... erm... software on a regular basis) i played this game about 2 minutes and didnt want to go on. On contrast Glider on GC2004: People came, 10 seconds explained at most and action began, and players stayed....
It´s not always about the most complicated or most sophisticated movement. This time its about fun... god. how I hate fun

I think about every Idea that has been posted was at one point implemented in Glider and later abandoned because it didnt make sense, it got too slow or whatever. So be assured that we will not in any way change the gamplay as its the result of a very long process. And we think it´s the best the way it is. (Apart from the things we would like to have but are not possible with A6 or whatever )

profmakx

While I do understand your point of view profmakx i can also counter that, u are wrong and right at the same time.
There are people that like fast shooting action, press join, connect, fire in the hole!
But there is also huge base of players that ask for more, for all those things you abandoned in order to get fast action game.

And, while i respect fast action shooters, i doubt i would pay for it since they are much simpler to make so there is tons of them free.
What would be a middle ground for me is the posibilty to compete with other players, so since im making a shooter myself, i would consider making top score list somewhere on internet. Of course it means hosting that list, or in another words paying for the server and playing around with security for a bit.

Other than that i loved it, only bad thing is that mouse is waaaay to fast, had to put sensitivity to almost 0

Last edited by r00tsh3ll; 08/16/05 11:58.
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: r00tsh3ll] #194952
08/16/05 12:20
08/16/05 12:20
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
omg a glider demo! i think i install Windows just to play glider!(im using linux all the time )

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Glider - GamesConvetion Demo [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #194953
08/16/05 12:24
08/16/05 12:24
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Quote:

...i think i install Windows just to play glider!(im using linux all the time )

Strange. This community is to talk about creating games with 3dgs. We are creating games for Windows. I am just wondering.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de