by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, TipmyPip, AndrewAMD), 1,209 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this message. #193770
02/08/05 08:49
02/08/05 08:49
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this message.

Hi, Kenneth here,

I was getting low on money and had to remove www.789site.com from the net. I however did get to move most of my game all levels execpt for level 3 to another website called " www.turbosquid.com ".

12 Levels from Reverse The Abnormal II have been broken up into 4 downloadable packs of 3 levels for $1.50 each.

To find The game just type "Reverse The Abnormal II" into the search bar at turbosquid.com or type "kjwtechno". or goto game levels and look for it there.

You can still buy the entire game on Cd-Rom at www.cafepress.com/kjwtechno for $6.99 + S&H.

I have also removed the demo from download.com sorry.

I know the game is new I am just having some hard times here and Turbo Squid is free but you can only upload 650MB and I ran out of room for level 3. cafepress is paid up for a year. Thanks everyone for your support.
Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 02/08/05 08:51.
63 Comments
Re: Good By... [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #193790
02/14/05 14:07
02/14/05 14:07
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:

This makes me feel so sick, I feel very sick, very upset and very sad. I am just going to take some pills and lay down and go to sleep.

This is where the "community" part of the 3DGS community kicks in. Most of you posters should know about Kenneth and how sensitive he gets about his game. Y'all should really know better by now and take it easy on the guy when it comes to the subjective elements of his game. He's been through alot physically and mentally and he put alot of effort into this game (no matter what you a-holes say about how you could do it better or whatever) thus if we are a true community, we wouldn't be picking on him like this. Choke on that if anything bad happens to Kenneth cause of your insensitive remarks...

@Kenneth

<<bitch slap>>
Can we lose the drama for a while there Kenny ol' boy?

Everytime someone knocks your game down, no matter how many people are there backing you up, you always pull this drama queen bit by either quiting, taking reverse off line, or any of the other acts that have been all over morbius. And now these veiled allusions to going out ala Maralyn Monroe? Put the pills away and get real for a sec:

Why must you insist on listening so much to what the nay sayers say?
Why can't you instead focus on those of us that are PROUD of you for what you have done?
I have you pegged as someone who needs approval from everyone at all times...well sorry to say the world doesn't work like that and if you instead focus on teh nay sayers, you will be living in a world where no one approves you all the time (which is what I see you doing here)

You have your detractors, but you also have your fans...that's more than so many of us have!!!! So heads up ol' boy, I think you're doing fine and I'm not alone in that, but these drama queen bits have go to stop, ok?

Re: Good By... [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #193791
02/14/05 14:13
02/14/05 14:13
B
b_102373 Offline
Senior Developer
b_102373  Offline
Senior Developer
B

Quote:

This makes me feel so sick, I feel very sick, very upset and very sad. I am just going to take some pills and lay down and go to sleep.

Yeah some of you guys should be ashamed of yourselfs, some of you only sit on these forums and make it look like you develop games but you dont.

Atleast he is getting out there and actually doing it.

Re: Good By... [Re: b_102373] #193792
02/14/05 14:34
02/14/05 14:34
danthaman015 Offline
Developer
danthaman015  Offline
Developer

Quote:

Somehow I knew you were going to say this after seeing your thread the first time you mentioned Reverse the Abnormal.

Dude seriously it's just a f*u*c*king GAME!!!! Not everyone will like everything you do, that's life. There is nothing on this planet that one person doesn't like. Everyone has different opinions.

If you seriously are thinking about suicide then go ahead and make a GAME about it because at least you know how to make games.

Just don't take anything game related seriously unless you have a full-time job in the field and your family depends on you lol.

**On break**

Re: Good By... [Re: danthaman015] #193793
02/14/05 15:44
02/14/05 15:44
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
well, no matter what most pricks out here think, i find this game pretty sweet.
k i must admit graphics arent at best (though you have been going on the right track since part 1).

the one thing i had to get used to was the controls. somehow we all out there know it aint commercially a breakthrough game, but somehow you managed to set yourself a new standard for a space-shooter game.
i never played such an innovative new game made in 3dgs.
you know what it just is in real:
- beautifull games have bad gameplay
- ugly games are wonderfull to play

well, i must say, though i cant do this, it's not the best out, but hey, i keep having fun with playing it.

also to tell the truth, i had absolutely zero confidence about this game when seeing the screens, but i thought hey, it's 3dgs.
well after a first round i still had that empty feeling, but i kept playing cuz it WAS kinda addictive in a good way of speeking.
and now, well i dont have enough money to buy, but sooooon i will (first gotta pay my own project stuff )

well my point here i think is, dont get down because they *say* it sucks, if they do, honestly they didnt play it.
listen to what fastlane69 says with his full heart to you, and i have to agree with him...

just think it over, i can say for sure you are a good contribution to us all out here, you atleast had the discipline to finish one game (now even a second one ).
i think that 90% of us all out here dont and wont ever do that.

keep it up.

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Good By... [Re: fastlane69] #193794
02/14/05 23:00
02/14/05 23:00
T
taipan Offline
taipan  Offline
T

I have not seen the game yet, just wanted to comment some posts. One should never point out the bad in a game but the good. If a person wants to keep on doing games there must be motivation. U can never get motivation if people look down at stuff u do. I guess u can say "hey, he was only honest" but it aint good. Comment on the good parts of the game and people will work on it harder. If one says something negative about a game, say it in a nice way. Who knows, maybe he will become the best game-designer ever and u people will want to have advice from him in the future

KEEP IT UP MAN! I certainly believe u have potential. It is in everyione of us, we jsut need motivation

//Patrik

- A 3D world can be flawless...I want to live there
Re: Good By... [Re: fastlane69] #193795
02/15/05 00:19
02/15/05 00:19
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hi Kenneth,

Game creation is truely a combination of art and entertianment. It is meant to be played and hopefully enjoyed by the public. As with all art and entertianment that is released to the public, it may not strike a positive cord with everybody. As an artist you really need to create a thick skin to stupid critism and also be able to divorce yourself from the emotion of the work to see it as others would and see areas where you can improve.

The hurtful comments that I read here are just that, ignore them.

I have played your demos and enjoyed them for their richness in creativity and completely different feel in the game experience.

I have had plenty of mean spirited reviews of my work, really who gives a F**K what stupid people say. Move on, I am sure you learned quite a bit about producing a game. Do not compromise your art and vision to get some phoney applause.

I hope you continue to express yourself in interactive games, it would be a shame to not use the talent you clearly have shown.

Ken

Re: Good By... [Re: Nardulus] #193796
02/15/05 02:15
02/15/05 02:15
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

@Kenneth: Nardulus' comments are right on. A thick skin is required to counteract the petty, juvenile unprofessionals, and you're just going to have to learn how to deal with it. Also, given the nature of the internet, you should expect this type of thing(it's like courage juice except without the Monday morning hangover).

Read through the critiques and find something in them that you can apply to your game(and any future work) to make it better. Constructive criticism(which there is little of here) is a very vital part of the creative process. If a number of people keep criticising the same aspects of something, then perhaps that feature needs reviewing. Again, ignore the naysayers that only bad mouth or are always negative and never put their money where their mouth is and show nothing worth a person's time when they do.

Your game is unique. It's colorful, old school(nothing wrong with that), and best of all it is a completed game that I can buy if I so choose. 95% of us can't say the same nor will we ever.

One last thing to remember. Some people simply don't care what they say. They either have no conscience, or are bitter about something in their lives and have to take it out on someone on the internet, or they're just plain mean(and need a good smack up side their head). There's not much you can do about these types except as already stated to simply ignore them and wait for them to slither back into the muck.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Good By... [Re: Orange Brat] #193797
02/15/05 02:26
02/15/05 02:26
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Quote:

This game is far behind the A4 "The Mission" game.
I can't give any advices, cuz you have to improve everything.

A PERFECT example of unconstructing, unadvicing and STUPID comment. Say something constructive! Tell the elements you REALY don't like and be reasonable. THe game creator doesn't get so much advice when you say "remake the game and make it better this time".

Re: Good By... [Re: Ambassador] #193798
02/15/05 02:35
02/15/05 02:35
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

There are times for criticism, and then are times when it obviously will do no good.

Re: Good By... [Re: Ambassador] #193799
02/15/05 02:38
02/15/05 02:38
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan

I was just teasing in my comment, Kennith. I haven't actually tried your game, but I like the screenshots. It looks like an LSD inspired collage.

Speaking of drugs, go easy on those pills, mate.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de