by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (alibaba, vicknick), 1,379 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this message. #193770
02/08/05 08:49
02/08/05 08:49
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this message.

Hi, Kenneth here,

I was getting low on money and had to remove www.789site.com from the net. I however did get to move most of my game all levels execpt for level 3 to another website called " www.turbosquid.com ".

12 Levels from Reverse The Abnormal II have been broken up into 4 downloadable packs of 3 levels for $1.50 each.

To find The game just type "Reverse The Abnormal II" into the search bar at turbosquid.com or type "kjwtechno". or goto game levels and look for it there.

You can still buy the entire game on Cd-Rom at www.cafepress.com/kjwtechno for $6.99 + S&H.

I have also removed the demo from download.com sorry.

I know the game is new I am just having some hard times here and Turbo Squid is free but you can only upload 650MB and I ran out of room for level 3. cafepress is paid up for a year. Thanks everyone for your support.
Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 02/08/05 08:51.
63 Comments
Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #193771
02/12/05 10:01
02/12/05 10:01
TX
Evil_Level_Designer Offline
Evil_Level_Designer  Offline

TX
Seriously man , instead of trying to find a way to host and sell reverse of the abnormal you should work on your skills and try and make a game that doesnt make u want to gouge out your eyes after playing it for the first 30 seconds.
And why are the system requirements so insanely high for a game that looks like it's meant to run on a 200 MHZ computer runing DOS ?

Last edited by Evil_Level_Designer; 02/12/05 10:14.
Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: Evil_Level_Designer] #193772
02/12/05 10:17
02/12/05 10:17
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Seems like all you do is critisize other peoples works, Evil.

I guess it's a whole lot easier to attack other peoples games when you have none of your own and thus nothing for THEM to attack, eh?

And I guess it's easier for you to put down his game than for you to actually get up and make your own.

So how about you take some of your own advice and instead of trying to put down Kenneth's game, you actually work on your skills and make a game on your own...

Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: fastlane69] #193773
02/12/05 10:55
02/12/05 10:55
TX

TX
I'm pretty sure u've seem some of my mapping before , so i'm pretty well aware as to where i stand. And i've seen ur work before , and can say you are no where near my level of skill , therefore should shut your mouth when it comes to critizising me. Btw fastlane , u should read some of ur old threads , u critize a lot of people yourself , so I see no reason for you to talk.

Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: Evil_Level_Designer] #193774
02/12/05 11:04
02/12/05 11:04
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

@Evil_Level_Designer
Please don't take this thread out of hand. Your work, no matter how good you are, isn't meant to be compared to others hard work on these forums. You can think your better than someone but keep your thoughts (the ones that are edging on violating the forum rules) to yourself.

There is nothing wrong with his game, he has made a game and someone has to give him credit for that. Fastlane was right, you haven't made a game and you don't know how hard it is to make even a bad game. Making a good or bad game is truly difficult for one or many people.

Fastlanes criticizing is kept in bounds of the Forum rules, and he is here more to help than to dis- on others works. Fastlane helps others get better, and he is a good asset to us on these forums.

So from now on let's keep this thread clean before we have to close this thread, which would just break someones heart to have to do that.

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: ISG] #193775
02/12/05 14:40
02/12/05 14:40
Just down the road from Raven
BlueBeast Offline
Serious User
BlueBeast  Offline
Serious User

Just down the road from Raven
I thought it was possible to delete someones post if it's out of line (and doesnt contribute to the topic... I would, but i'm a softy.

I looked at the system requirements, and I don't think that they're out of line at all. 1.7 Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM.... I havn't played the game, but from the looks of the screenshots, it looks like theres a LOT going on!

Some games require a heavy hitting system to keep up with the graphics, and scripts... even a non-professional would know that. I would be more inclined to buy a game needing those specs, you know it's for a reason.

The only negatives I can think of, is people like a lot of screenshots, and enough info for them to make a good decision. I know it's not your fault that you can't host your work, but it also kinda keeps the necessary information out of the picture too...

My only advice, use what I use, www.ezhoster.com is cheap and easy. You cant do all that fancy shmancy cgi scripting etc, but look at my website...

They have a very cheap yearly rate for hosting, and for us indie developers, even the lowest cost option for a domain and webspace is more than enough for our needs.

I personally use the higher dollar (more space and bandwidth) option, but I like to play it safe... By comparison, I am using only 25 MB space (theres lots of things I have that arent part of the site too in there) and my best month for hits was 141 MB of bandwidth...

I'd check it out when you come across some cash Ive had only one problem, I'd only suggest you send money order to them and not use a credit card, their 'online' sytem is less than efficient. Money order gets the job done right, and promptly.(ive been with them for 3 years)

Great looking game though!

Jason

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com
Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: BlueBeast] #193776
02/12/05 18:18
02/12/05 18:18
TX

TX
There is a lot going on , but look at what's going on , thats like making a hollow block and adding 1000 enemies in it , i dont think the latest gaming rig could handle it , but would that make it worth buying ? You have to be realistic , look at the House Of The Dead 3 recomended computer specs
(Pentium4 1.4GHz with 256MB RAM), and that game looks pretty damn sweet. Reverse of the abnormal has one of the most horrid designs my eyes have ever witnesed , i've seen the videos before , and I'm still amazed at the fact that I didnt instantly start suffering seizures. I'm not trying to be mean to the guy , but I think one should put more effort into a game if your planning to sell it , I've seen a bunch of freeware games which are WAY better looking. If your not the best at grafix and the like , you can always make a simple game , look at tetris , or bubble bomb , or bejeweled , those are all games with VERY simple grafix , yet very clean , and pleasant to the eyes , it's the difference from drawing a circle , and neatly coloring the inside , and drawing a circle , and scribbiling with the color all over the inside. The only reason I actually commented on the game is because I've seen the first game , now the second one , and I have to say I thought this new game was gone be better looking , till i saw the screenies , which was a pretty big trip , game looks almost identical to the first one , I really dont think anyone in their right mind would actually purchase the game , not even at the $6 he's trying to sell it at . Just trying to give the guy a tip , If he's actually interested in becoming a game developer, and develop games on his own , as it looks like he's trying to do , then he should really start hitting all the grafix tutorials he can find online , and try and put something decent looking together , even if it's something simple , but something well done , and organized , something a person can actually play.

Edit: Btw , here are Doom II's sytem requirements (486 processor operating at a minimum of 66MHz or any Pentium 8 MB RAM) , an 11 year old game which looks surpases reverse of the abnormal's grafix by ages.

Last edited by Evil_Level_Designer; 02/12/05 18:33.
Re: Reverse The Abnormal II Please read this messa [Re: Evil_Level_Designer] #193777
02/12/05 22:08
02/12/05 22:08
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Reverse the Abnormal is indeed the worst game ever made..seriously. It's like the 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' of games.

That said, there's no need to go on about it like this.. everyone knows it already.

King of the B-Game [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #193778
02/12/05 22:21
02/12/05 22:21
muralist Offline
muralist  Offline

Forty-six years later we all still know "Plan 9 From Outer Space," and people still pay to see it.

Kenneth is the new king of the B-Game genre. I played "Reverse the Abnormal," and it is a truly original vision -- an instant cult classic!

I highly recommend it to every experienced gamer. Well worth the price of admission. Spend the six bucks: Skip one trip to Burger King. Call your friends over and have them bring frosty beverages. Make some popcorn. You'll laugh your heads off, you'll cry tears of joy. It is more fun in a different way than any game you have ever played.

"Fight The God of Death and the Army of Destruction again lead by The Dark Grey Forces in this game for Windows XP. This time take to the skies and shoot down large star ships and take on enemy forces on the ground while trying to pick up the Lum clones and save the good Greys."

Pack 1:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/250854/Action/FullPreview

Pack 2:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/250865/Action/FullPreview

Pack 3:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/250867/Action/FullPreview

Pack 4:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/250893/Action/FullPreview

Re: King of the B-Game [Re: muralist] #193779
02/12/05 23:09
02/12/05 23:09
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Yeah you get it. It's so delusional it's kinda cool.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de