by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test #193545
01/08/05 23:55
01/08/05 23:55
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline OP
Expert
Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test

GET! GET!

Please join the for this, almost finshed, game. I would like comments on all aspects of the game and any bugs you may find. Every feature should be working. It's all there, and this version will be pretty much what goes out to the world. I'd like to know what you think of other aspects like the web design as well.

If everyone who has contributed can check that I've got their names right in the credits and that I haven't *shock* forgotten anyone.

GET YOU! SUPER EXCITE!!!
Last edited by A.Russell; 01/09/05 09:45.
73 Comments
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: DocJoe] #193585
02/19/05 05:00
02/19/05 05:00
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

I'll test her out this weekend...will post if anything bad happens, otherwise I know I already like it so good job once again.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: DocJoe] #193586
02/19/05 05:33
02/19/05 05:33
Chile
A
Andvari Offline
Andvari  Offline
A

Chile
hehe is see you liked the girl i modeled =), you really gonna enjoy the new animations im working on for her =)

PD: (The semi transparent thing covering her body on the second screenshot is the skeleton, i forgot to hdie it there XD)

Last edited by Andvari; 02/19/05 05:43.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: Andvari] #193587
02/19/05 07:56
02/19/05 07:56
AMan Offline
Developer
AMan  Offline
Developer

Hi ya,
I'm back =)

Installer Bugs:
When the installer first starts, there is a link to the pachinko website.
The link is spelled: www.pachinoagogo.com
You are missing the 'k' in pachinko

When creating the shortcuts on the start menu
Name the folder "Packinko" or somthing
(not myshortcutfolder)

Comparison between demo and registered version
  • Reminder at beginning and end of game
  • You cant post an online high score
  • Atari-chan is hidden while dancing in her lingerie

Bugs:

It looks like the 'overlay' flag is set to on. ( Look at the two images.... the black pachinko backing is transparent)

When you rotate the camera towards Atari-Chan, the background of the slot machine will rotate along with the camera. I know thats one of the flags, cant remember which.

This occurs after you beat level 2. When it is about to change levels, these two errors pop up. Once you click 'ok' on them, the game closes.

In tutorial mode, At the part where it says "The boss is comming, press tab to play in windowed mode"...
After you press tab, it dosent go to the next tutorial tip.

Other comments:

*tear*

The particle effects on the balls look great.
I like how you can change atari-chan's skirt color (shaders) I didnt know there was that feature last time.
I like the lighting effects on the other machines. (They dont just sit there)

Cheers,
AMan

EDIT:

Thank you. (Alot) For putting me in the credits.

Another bug...
Once I registered..... nothing changed! All the demo limitations are still there. Well, one think changed. The reminders to register beginning and the end of the game are removed.

Last edited by AMan; 02/19/05 11:29.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: AMan] #193588
02/19/05 11:12
02/19/05 11:12
United States, Utah
Braxton Offline
Developer
Braxton  Offline
Developer

United States, Utah
I thought we were not alowed to show nudity on this site?

"The GREAT LAW: Life is and always will be justly ordered, and that all past experiences, good and bad, were the equitable out working of our evolving, yet unevolved selves" - As A Man Thinketh
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: Braxton] #193589
02/19/05 12:03
02/19/05 12:03
Chile
A
Andvari Offline
Andvari  Offline
A

Chile
common, it's just a nipple

Need custom 3d modelling, rigging or animations? check my portfolio at http://www.lowpolyarts.com
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: Andvari] #193590
02/19/05 12:20
02/19/05 12:20
United States, Utah
Braxton Offline
Developer
Braxton  Offline
Developer

United States, Utah
I didn't think it was leagal to show nudity.

Last edited by Braxton; 02/20/05 05:25.

"The GREAT LAW: Life is and always will be justly ordered, and that all past experiences, good and bad, were the equitable out working of our evolving, yet unevolved selves" - As A Man Thinketh
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: Braxton] #193591
02/19/05 16:44
02/19/05 16:44
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Is there any way to reduce the size of the game to around 30mb? Something like smaller textures or something?

I am glad too see less guns here! I realy wonder why noone has a problem with guns? I never saw someone posting something against shooters and guns showed in modeller forums except me. I think everyone knows what they will be used for (killing humans)). And I am glad to see more nude skin here (also in showcase1) because it looks good and every human is naturelly nude (and likes sex, but I canīt have everything ).

EX Citer

:L
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: Andvari] #193592
02/20/05 02:22
02/20/05 02:22
DocJoe Offline
DocJoe  Offline

In Antwort auf:

common, it's just a nipple....

.. and 300g of silicon on every side, not?

Don't take the cake to the party.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: DocJoe] #193593
02/21/05 00:45
02/21/05 00:45
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline OP
Expert
A.Russell  Offline OP
Expert
A

Japan
AMan, thanks a lot for the bug reports. Did you try registering? And did the restrictions go away? I'm working on the other bugs you found. Poke Smot also posted a few I didn7t know about. I'm going to try to get another BETA out tomorrow.

DocJoe:
Quote:

Is there a model for your model or is it phantasy?

If she is real, she is one of Andvari's girlfriends. I just provided some concept art, she is his creation. Must be that haicut.

Nemisis: Cheers mate, sorry about those NZ dial ups. Maybe in another ten years Just to rub it in, I can get 100mb broadband for less than an NZ dial up connection :P. Of course, that isn't good for marketing my game as a web release

Quote:

I thought we were not alowed to show nudity on this site?

This is art.

Orange: Looking forward to your comments.

Nitro: Thanks for trying my game out. Sorry it didn't run on your system. I'm not sure what it is that did that. Myrlyn68 ran it on a computer with considerably less specs than yours. It won't run at all on my old (four years?) Sony laptop. This game is pretty heavy on everything -sound, graphics and processor.

Ex Citer:
Quote:

Is there any way to reduce the size of the game to around 30mb? Something like smaller textures or something?

If anything, it is going to take another leap in file size once Andvari finishes his animations. I'm thinking that a web release might not be the way to go, and I sould look for a publisher. Unfortunately, due to the way the game is made, it takes a lot of memory. The textures are quite conservatively sized, but I'm using a lot of pcx files for images, since a licence is required for jpg. Flashing light effects multiply the number of textures needed. There is a lot of sound; music dialogues and effects. The biggest killer, though, is the animation. I'm using vertex animation, because it is nice and smooth, and also facilitates lip syncs and cloth dynamics. Atari chan is broken into numerous models to try to lighten the load, but she still accounts for the largest single chunk of memory by far.

Quote:

I am glad too see less guns here! I realy wonder why noone has a problem with guns? I never saw someone posting something against shooters and guns showed in modeller forums except me. I think everyone knows what they will be used for (killing humans)). And I am glad to see more nude skin here (also in showcase1) because it looks good and every human is naturelly nude (and likes sex, but I canīt have everything ).

I understand you completely. I also think it is strange how sex is less acceptable than violence. You can depict people blowing or slicing other people away with a plathora of weapons and add effects for blood splatters and dismemberment, and people will give you constructive feedback on how wonderfully realistic it all looks. They'll staunchly defend it if attacked by censors. However, show a pretty girl and the same people will reach for their blood preasure pills and start chanting Hail Maries.

In fact, I've been PMed by a Conitec staff member, representing Conitec I guess, requesting I remove my current avatar as they deem it offensive (aparently, my previous avatar was more acceptable ). Though they provide scripts for including gore in your game, pretty girls shaking their stuff are not acceptable. It's for my own good, really, as that is just the way society is.

So, let's say good bye to jiggly, joggly Saori-chan:

, and return to some more acceptable, and tastelful, video game material:

Ah, that's better. Far more healthy for young mens' minds. Let's try to maintain some decorum around here!

I'll find a less sexy avatar so I don't offend anyone soon. Perhaps something with a big gun and a blood splatter?

Last edited by A.Russell; 02/21/05 01:30.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! Final (?) BETA [Re: A.Russell] #193594
02/21/05 02:14
02/21/05 02:14
AMan Offline
Developer
AMan  Offline
Developer

Quote:

and return to some more acceptable, and tastelful, video game material:

LMAO!!!! That made my day...

But I dont want to let go of... her!

*tear*

Well, back to topic.... I guess....
I did try to register, but none of the demo limitations were removed. Which means... I cant see atari chan!

Fix soon!
~AMan~

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de