Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by dr_panther. 05/18/24 11:01
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dr_panther, Ayumi, 1 invisible), 708 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test #193545
01/08/05 23:55
01/08/05 23:55
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline OP
Expert
Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test

GET! GET!

Please join the for this, almost finshed, game. I would like comments on all aspects of the game and any bugs you may find. Every feature should be working. It's all there, and this version will be pretty much what goes out to the world. I'd like to know what you think of other aspects like the web design as well.

If everyone who has contributed can check that I've got their names right in the credits and that I haven't *shock* forgotten anyone.

GET YOU! SUPER EXCITE!!!
Last edited by A.Russell; 01/09/05 09:45.
73 Comments
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: A.Russell] #193546
01/09/05 03:41
01/09/05 03:41
Pluto
SlyBoots Offline
SlyBoots  Offline

Pluto
Lot of colors. Started the download now. Comments soon.

3DSK Human Photo References for 3D Artists and Game Developers
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: A.Russell] #193547
01/09/05 04:04
01/09/05 04:04
Indy
poke_smot Offline
User
poke_smot  Offline
User

Indy
Very good job!
The last version I played ran kinda slow on my pc, this version ran nicely.
Got the chick in her undies, but at the second table she put her dress back on . You should put some "loading" text up between tables, it took awhile and I wasen't sure if the game had crashed.

The highscores worked fine, I'm in 5th place. You should add something at the top of the score panel to describe what each column means.

And as you probably know, theres a noticable freeze between songs.
I'll try loading my saved game later and playing some more.
How many tables are there?

As for the chick, her standing animation could be lots better, but she dances allright.
Oh, and if its not a big deal, maybe you could change the credits to my new username? Thanks for even including me though!!

-poke smot
formerly badyams

Making guns illegal will save as many lives as making murder illegal.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: poke_smot] #193548
01/09/05 16:56
01/09/05 16:56
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline
Expert
Locoweed  Offline
Expert
L

Oz
Ok, it's pretty darn fun after you get the hang of it. My first thoughts were I wish I could use the cursor keys to tilt the pachinko machine, but after playing with it a bit it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I like the music and the sound effects. The graphics are good. It can be a bit jerky at times, but not too bad at all really. I was running it on a 2.52Mhz p4, 256k Ram, ATi 9600pro.

I will play it some more here soon and have more feedback. Atleast I got her to take off some clothes.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: Locoweed] #193549
01/09/05 20:55
01/09/05 20:55
New Zealand
Bright Offline
User
Bright  Offline
User

New Zealand
Just gotta wait 1 more year till I can download this...
I'll let you know what I think then

KAIN - Coming soon...
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: A.Russell] #193550
01/09/05 21:18
01/09/05 21:18
Indy
poke_smot Offline
User
poke_smot  Offline
User

Indy
I was at the second table when I saved my game.
Now when I load it, my stats/points are all correct, but I'm insude the pachinko machine.
I can't see the board, or the chick.

Making guns illegal will save as many lives as making murder illegal.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: poke_smot] #193551
01/10/05 00:53
01/10/05 00:53
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline OP
Expert
A.Russell  Offline OP
Expert
A

Japan
Thanks for the replies.

-Poke Smot
Sorry to hear about the camera position bug. That's the kind of thing I need to know about though, and it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Saving and loading always works without a glitch on the first level, doesn't it?

No problem about changing your name in the credits. Thanks a lot for customising your script for this project. Why'd you change your user name anyway? Is someone looking for you, or do you just find "Poke Smot" more pleasing to the ear?

-Bright
The first file I uploaded was 135M, which was, um, a bit heavy. I'm on broadband and I don't notice so much. I'd made a screw up when packing the files and there was a lot of unnecessary stuff in there. I cleaned it up this morning and uploaded again. It's around 60M now. How long does that take on a dial up?

-Locoweed
Quote:

My first thoughts were I wish I could use the cursor keys to tilt the pachinko machine...

I was thinking that a little earlier this evening when I was playing a real one, but I might get thrown out of the parlor.

I've tried a few things to help those jerks during music changes. I'll keep trying and see if I can improve it some more.

-Sly Boots
Looking forward to your comments.

I've been noting all your comments down. Thanks again, and please keep them coming.

Last edited by A.Russell; 01/10/05 01:06.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: A.Russell] #193552
01/10/05 01:59
01/10/05 01:59
AMan Offline
Developer
AMan  Offline
Developer

Just downloaded.

Bug #1: If you press -esc- at the beginning screen, it will ask you if you want to exit and no options will appear.

Cheers,
AMan

Last edited by AMan; 01/10/05 01:59.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: A.Russell] #193553
01/10/05 02:42
01/10/05 02:42
Indy
poke_smot Offline
User
poke_smot  Offline
User

Indy
I just got tired of badyams. "poke smot" seemed as good as any.
Its a phrase from the hazy days, I'm sure you know how drunk people can mix letters up

back to your game...
I started a new game and can't get any jackpots.
According to the score board I've played slots 66 times and haven't had a single jackpot.
It saves and loads ok on the first table.

EDIT: the first time I played it seemed to take awhile before I hit any jackpots. After it finally gave one I kept getting them reguarly.

EDIT #2: I really dig some of the music. it sounds like a pok-e-mon cartoon.

Last edited by poke_smot; 01/10/05 02:50.
Re: Pachinko a Go Go! 7 Day Beta Test [Re: poke_smot] #193554
01/10/05 03:28
01/10/05 03:28
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline OP
Expert
A.Russell  Offline OP
Expert
A

Japan
Quote:

If you press -esc- at the beginning screen, it will ask you if you want to exit and no options will appear.

Why would you want to exit on the opening screen ? Seriously, thanks for telling me. Are you going to make screenies for me this time, too?

Quote:

I'm sure you know how drunk people can mix letters up

...I have no idea

Quote:

I started a new game and can't get any jackpots.
According to the score board I've played slots 66 times and haven't had a single jackpot.

Well, it is a game of chance. Though I've rigged it a little to make your chances better at the start (it's always more fun when you're winning). Once you hit a jackpot, you'll get a bonus game at the end of the round. If you've managed to get loads more balls down than its maximum four slots, you'll have a greater chance of getting the school girl with the sword. She will always win you another jackpot round, otherwise you'll get the samurai guy and take your chances.

Quote:

I really dig some of the music. it sounds like a pok-e-mon cartoon.

I know what you mean. After a hard session of debugging I've got "Come on baby, Saturday night" running in my head all the time. I got it from a company in Osaka. It sounds pretty much like the kind of DDR music they actually play in pachinko parlors. If you turn the music down and the effects up, if will play different songs from the machine on jackpots and bonus games(the music I used in earlier versions edited to sound like its coming from a noisy speaker). One of the songs is the same as the Inago Rage team used in their video.

How are the other features, like the roving camera and help panel?

Also, how do you feel about the file size for a shareware title? Looking around, the majority of shareware games are under 10M, and not nearly as hungry on system requirements.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de