by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (M_D), 1,430 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon #191548
01/30/04 23:20
01/30/04 23:20
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon

ROMAC STUDIOS™ wants to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD-
A 3d Arcade Game with puzzling levels full of action all the time, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story: (briefed)

Up in the deep reaches of the blue skies, the bird kindom has started to realize they too want what the humans have. Every century, one bird, one special unique bird, has a chance to have it all - become the bird with the honor, the bird with the respect, to recieve the honor of being the one and only, the action bird - and that bird is you! But before you can recieve this honor, you must complete a series of trial. You are not the only bird that wants to become the action bird. All birds from all around the world come and try to finish all trials, knowing if they win, they would become the action bird and hold that title for the century ahead.

The action bird will finally get the respect a bird deserves. In the game there are three main trials, each consisting of levels:

The Trial of Intelect- The first trial, which will test your ability to find your way through confusing puzzles, and jump your way through levels full of obstacles.
You will have to find your way through complex and puzzling levels, and do it as smooth as possible, because one wrong move and you will find yourself falling into the deep reaches of space and time.

The Trial of Strength - This is the second trial. Here you will be tested on your ability to being the stronger bird. Levels will include riding motorcycles and controling the "Power Ball".

The Trial of Dignity - The last and hardest trial of them all. Here you will be tested on random things regarding showing off your bird skills. You will also be tested on the most important thing of all, your dignity. Levels will include Racing in different types of vehicles (e.g cars, planes) and other unknown levels that will only be shown after beating over 100 levels in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

-3 trials with over 130 levels
-1 practice level
-replay mode
-motorcycle riding, power sphere, player skating - all with full physics
-races
-puzzles
-jump and run
-beautiful graphics and animation
-and much much more to be revealed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Team: (current team)

Programmers:
Mark Swann

Luke Trares
Michael M.

Head Modelers:
Kalin Krastev
Pablo Aizpiri
Elijah Ray Hardy

2d Art:
Guy Tennenholtz
Gustavo Fiorenza
Pablo Aizpiri

Character Animations:
Kalin Krastev

Level Designers:
Guy Tennenholtz
Andrew Bateman
Tom Boslooper

Developer, Idea and Concept:
Guy Tennenholtz

Release date of demo:
Soon, expected release is march 1st, 2004

Early Screenshots:

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS™:
Email: Info@RomacStudios.com
Team: Team@RomacStudios.com

MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
109 Comments
Re: fastlane69 [Re: fastlane69] #191648
05/29/04 23:14
05/29/04 23:14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you guys ever have to fight?

Action Bird #191649
05/30/04 00:01
05/30/04 00:01
Leeds/Bradford/UK
Bateman Offline
Bateman  Offline

Leeds/Bradford/UK
cant we all just get along

3D Game Studio, the power of games on your home computer.
Re: Action Bird [Re: Bateman] #191650
05/30/04 01:44
05/30/04 01:44
Canada
Stansmedia Offline
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline
Serious User

Canada
@ blind leader, fastlane, and others

Im joking around. Whats the use of talking if you have to be perfect, and prissy, and very intelligent. Just because im not up in your level of knowledge on game design industry, doesn't mean im a complete moron. I feel like the only one on this board who talks freely, and doesn't pretend that where in some kind of top business class system. I give lots of peoples screens and stuff positive reviews and advise, yet im always being criticized. Like my counter strike wallpaper, it turned from not evening saying if it was nice, or needed work it was: Half life sucks, this is just an ingame shot, what do you mean by gay blood red? And just as i was replying to painiacs post, i was meaning to be stupid. If i wanted to be mean to the guy, i would. And as if im criticizing the guy, when theres fastlane writing paragraph after paragraph, quoting almost all of the guys post.

I dont like to fight, i dont like to argue, and i dont like being mean to people. I dont like these things because i'm not standing on anything which gives me power to do that.

I have the feeling people are going to quote me for whatever reason be, spelling error, sentance doesn't make sense. You know what i mean. Dont pick at it.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Re: fastlane69 [Re: Firestorm] #191651
05/30/04 01:46
05/30/04 01:46
Canada
Stansmedia Offline
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline
Serious User

Canada
Quote:

I'd choose sides, but Painiac and fastlane are both equally obnoxious. You two should just have a d*ck-measuring contest and be done with it.

ROMAC, best of luck to you guys

Thats the way to settle it
And i like the word obnoxious, exactly the word i was looking for.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Re: Action Bird [Re: Stansmedia] #191652
05/30/04 01:49
05/30/04 01:49
Chandler, Arizona
C
Crossy Offline
Developer
Crossy  Offline
Developer
C

Chandler, Arizona
@bloodred
Im sorry if you took offense to my "half life sucks" comment, i didnt mean it in a way to put down your work, i liked the wallpaper though

ČЯΘŞşŶ BlueTide MultiMedia under construction Come stop by and say hi to all of your 3DGS friends irc://irc.webchat.org/3DGS
Re: Action Bird [Re: Crossy] #191653
06/03/04 05:50
06/03/04 05:50
Leeds/Bradford/UK
Bateman Offline
Bateman  Offline

Leeds/Bradford/UK
thanks for the support guys! and for the poeple who havent realy, please read my story...

ok i started off level desiging for Red Faction, it was realy hard for me. i had made a box with a few rooms in it and some basic object. the level design was very poor! but poeple who played it said it was good and said it was great and siad i show keep mapping, but in the back of my head i knew the level was a pile of crap! but anyway they gave me support and i kept on making more and more levels and gues what....I got a whole lot better at level desiging untill i was a poular mapper know to Red Faction...BUT! if it wasnt for those poeple giving me support i would neaver be who i am today...and i would like to thank them!

!! BATEMAN !!

3D Game Studio, the power of games on your home computer.
Re: Action Bird [Re: Bateman] #191654
07/04/04 07:51
07/04/04 07:51
Somwhere looking for plants
D
Destop Offline
Destop  Offline
D

Somwhere looking for plants
Very nice game, I tried out the demo, and It is very impressive.
I really enjoyed playing it, and the music gives a really good 'profesional finish'. Very good job of the texture and light artist
I hope we will get a nice history in the final release.
To bad there is bugs in the demo, it would have won the first price for sure but third should show to the people that said that the game was ugly that they were wrong
Quote:

"Not finished yet, but very promising: The completely playable demo version of this game impresses with very good introduction and a wide variety of tasks and movement modes. Once all levels are finished, his game may turn out to be just marvelous. "

Doesnt seems bad at all for me

Good luck with this project Romac, I'm really waiting for the next release

Re: Action Bird [Re: Destop] #191655
07/04/04 08:40
07/04/04 08:40
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ROMAC  Offline OP
Expert

Israel, Haifa
I hope people don't mind but I told Conitec not to put the demo on the downloads page yet.

Re: Action Bird [Re: ROMAC] #191656
07/04/04 12:53
07/04/04 12:53
USA
BlueFireV2 Offline
BlueFireV2  Offline

USA
I mind.

Re: Action Bird [Re: BlueFireV2] #191657
07/05/04 00:29
07/05/04 00:29
Xixao Offline
Xixao  Offline

For those who don't yet know, I am currently working on implementing custom splash screens for a6 (yes, we have approval to do so), Romac, and Action Bird logos. I have made a (long) a6 splash already that will be fine-tuned and condensed for use in-game. You can take a look at its progress here. Enjoy

NOTE: The downloads given there are for evaluation purposes only. The graphics, animations, concepts, and ideas are under the sole ownership of Romac Studios. Use of them outside of Action Bird is strictly prohibited by law, unless you have been given specific permission otherwise by myself or Guy Tennenholtz (ROMAC).

Steve Melcher Romac Studios Lead Graphics Designer - Action Bird Project Manager - Uplink: Online -------------------- www.romacstudios.com
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de