by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, Aku_Aku, 7th_zorro, Ayumi), 1,080 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
My game is for sell now after a year of work #191253
11/07/03 10:10
11/07/03 10:10
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
My game is for sell now after a year of work

Reverse The Abnormal is for sell now for $26.99.
About default scripts I am just a beginner and this is my first game and my first project so I am not to good at using all features in making new scripts thanks for noting that it could had been updated abit on that last time I am just not that far ahead just yet I think I did a good job with the ones I had though.
There are some typos that I am am going to have fixed in the storyline by providing an update file. This update will also have all passcodes for all levels there are 13 levels. The Bonus level013 I added for making people wait, you wont need a passcode for it or the first level001, logic. You will need a fast system to play on though. It should have at least 1024 MB's of DDR Ram installed and at least a AthlonXP 2200 system or higher and an 8X AGP Videocard the new storyline will be in the form of short slids on video these would not fit on the same disc. So it is best to save these and put them into your story line folder on your hard drive in the Readme file in each level after you have unzipped you files. Check out videos to see the extra work I did to fix my explossions. If you still dont think the game belongs here just move the post to the first showcase I without making a big fuss this time. I had shipped my game and then put it on hold until my new updated one could get on my shop. So try and give it a look at again. I worked on this very hard and alot to change things. Each time I felt it needed something that I thought I was able to fix. I also improved on the sky on all levels with a cloudy fog like FX see level008 video clip to see this kind of FX that change a litte bit in each level. It is also seen in the video clip on Update005.wmv this is how the links are listed in the front if any links are down we had a few sever misshaps here and there. I worked on every level again before I shiped it this time some explossions have 43 frames there are there types of exploding FX. I hope you guys like it better this time. I will try to make the videos of the new storyline at a very good quality for the update that I should have up by sometime tommorrow at. I have to get a test ran on my heart tommorow so I will get it done if not tonight then when I get back. I have some blood pressure trouble and It always is safe to get it checked out alot with it going up to 192 over 114 every 3 months I think it is the right time. And don't worry because I feel fine it is just a checkup that I have done from time to time.
Please Visit www.789site.com
Please also see my new site that Realspawn made for me if any links are not working just use the ones at At the entrance until there all up. If you want to order the game just enter the new web site by clicking on the new logo made by Realspawn and click on the order link. This will take you to the shop if you get the game you will have all music for the soundtracks Randys Williams Music is only for sell when included with the game there are around 15 Heavy Metal tracks that he has in the game. I have around 17 music tracks some are remixes and last 22 minutes. I made some cd's for sell at the shop the game is only missing the track- "All woods on Fire - French Version".
On The CD "God of Death & The Army of Destruction Audio CD- This CD has most of the Remixes" Not all of the music is on the new CD's The other CD has only single tracks. I had more tracks just ran out of space. There is about 4 hours of music in the game. Thank you. Be Nice this time ok. Kenneth J. Williams, of 789 World Media

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/07/03 10:31.
40 Comments
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: TAcker] #191273
11/08/03 13:33
11/08/03 13:33
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams  Offline OP
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Yo read up!
About the levels there are keys in some levels that will open a gate or a door to a building like the big flashing one hidden in the turnning towers in the demo for level002 the key is a big grey one of the aliens this is in the far corrner of the level behind and pas the buildings. after you pick up this big spinning grey it is larger then the other pick-ups you will see a message at the top of the screen that says you have a key then go into the buildings untill you are infront of the big flashing one. you will here a voice when you are close to it and it will open and a level passcode whill be right on the inside in very big letters the voice will tell you that you may hit the exit key because you would now be able to unlock level003 anyway you wont have to worry about any of this because I am putting all of the passcodes on the website so when you buy the game if it is hard to find the exits you can play the levels untill you know each one like I do I can make it to the end of each level most of the time. in level 006 there is a demo for this one up right now I will be taking it down later to make room for the story video clips I am making for updates one is ready nnow. on levels 006 you will need keys to unlock just about every gate you will encouter in the maze the keys are all close by you just have to look around each cornrer. Remember you will ned to get inside of the first gate to get the key that ulocks the last gate at the end of the level the key is in the room next to you when you start. get the key that is behind you and open the gate next to you look around the room and you will find a key in the back you will need it to get the key from the gate you first saw and it also opens the gate that lets you out of the room you get it in dont leave the room when you first pick it up go get the key for the last gate. you will know when you have to backtrack when a gate wont open. the keys are not to fare from each door. you will have to think this one has a good layout and you can get lost in this maze makes pacman cry. In the rest of the levels you just have to find the exit in the corner of each level it will be next to a big bright passcode right in the open all you have to do is spot it all of these are in the cornrer. level001 you must walk through the Grey Base ship in space and board your ship then leave through the docking bay then go to the planet a land on the red platform your ship will talk to you and tell you what to do next to find the exit this one has no fighting yet it is neat because you have to travle to The Planet Lum and find the exit in space.
Level007 layout is the same as level002 demo002

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: ROMAC] #191274
11/08/03 13:52
11/08/03 13:52
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
I made quite a bit of changes in the game before I posted it here again the explossions are better now someone had wanted a better FX so there better now The skies are better detaild with moving atmosphere over the sky in each level I added a new bonus level it now has 13 instead of 12 I am updating storyline now into video clips there was now room for anything other than just a pic file to tell the story so the video files will be for download I will have a link posted for the first one up in a second or two the strory line is very clear and detail images in each seen some have music in the back gruond so cut me some slack I did all this since the last post and put the first game on hold and shipped the new one in a express next day mail to get it on line in one week. I have explossion effects with 43 frames 16 frams and 7 frames these are large FX if you had even been paying any kind of attention you would have seen some of these before saying anything give somebody a break I worked on every level again for 24 hours for 3 days straight to get in the new effects if you have a old video clip from level 008 go see what it looks like now on the new video Update008.wmv and stop trying to mess with me ok. I am not here to do repeats if I post something there is something new in it all together. nothing I do is the same if I change it and if I feel like it I change the whole thing if you had seen what it look like in Agust you would know that the entier game has been redone now it has been redone 3 times ok. Thank you this is why I posted it here again. Dont get on my nerves because my blood pressure is up now from doing alot of work these past two weeks. And dont ask dumb questions about post that appear without taking a closer look.

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #191275
11/08/03 14:10
11/08/03 14:10
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Quote:

I made quite a bit of changes in the game before I posted it here again the explossions are better now someone had wanted a better FX so there better now The skies are better detaild with moving atmosphere over the sky in each level I added a new bonus level it now has 13 instead of 12 I am updating storyline now into video clips there was now room for anything other than just a pic file to tell the story so the video files will be for download I will have a link posted for the first one up in a second or two the strory line is very clear and detail images in each seen some have music in the back gruond so cut me some slack I did all this since the last post and put the first game on hold and shipped the new one in a express next day mail to get it on line in one week. I have explossion effects with 43 frames 16 frams and 7 frames these are large FX if you had even been paying any kind of attention you would have seen some of these before saying anything give somebody a break I worked on every level again for 24 hours for 3 days straight to get in the new effects if you have a old video clip from level 008 go see what it looks like now on the new video Update008.wmv and stop trying to mess with me ok. I am not here to do repeats if I post something there is something new in it all together. nothing I do is the same if I change it and if I feel like it I change the whole thing if you had seen what it look like in Agust you would know that the entier game has been redone now it has been redone 3 times ok. Thank you this is why I posted it here again. Dont get on my nerves because my blood pressure is up now from doing alot of work these past two weeks. And dont ask dumb questions about post that appear without taking a closer look.

Hey I'm sorry for loosing my temmper here My blood pressure just shot up a few minutes ago it seems to be comming down I just emaild the guy That I was getting upset with I went to the doctor to get a check up and it was ok now it is at around 194 or 189 over 114
I been up awile I never know when it goes up it just does And I dont seem to cetch on to it untill later. So I hope know one gets all upset about it just let me cool down and lets leave it that kind of talk out of this everyone keep you comments comming I will set back and relax before I answer now that I know it has been up again. cant rely on a doctors report to last al day I gues.
Ekg's said my haert and blood pressure test was ok this mornning.

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: PHeMoX] #191276
11/08/03 14:50
11/08/03 14:50
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
The Commercial text says Commercial Version I think. I have not put anything in the game saying it being a commercial game It is strickly a home-maid game a pretty darn good one. I always let people know that this is the first game I have ever even worked on. I just Got a the A5 Commercail Version on November 2, 2002 and updated it to A6 Commercial Version a little while back this year. I got Commercial Version because it has mor features then the standard or the Extra versions come on guys got gamestudio after looking at demo version and never getting it to work befor last year for some reasone so I took a break and just looked at the manual for 3 or for months straight got it Nov 2, 2002 made my game and its online Nov 6, 2003 I made all of my keyboard music from 1997 to 2003 and Randy Williams is a Lead Guitar player ever since he was 15 he has be playing in bands the music in the game is just from 3 of his bands from 1995 -1997 - 2003. He played on TV He has won several Battle of the Bands contest and He has met in person with band members from just about any major Heavy Metal band you can name. Is music on the game you wont find anywhere he has a new major Rock band and its music is not on the disc most of his other music is and it will not be sold anywhere then on this game. My Cousin my moms sisters son Marice Use to sing back-up for Celine Dion and And sang live with her on the Arsenio Hall show Marice got upset when misspronouced his name on live tv when He got his big break. on the Arsenio Hall show. This is all kind of off topic he was also singing on the first Macy Grey album. Randy hopes he can catch a break like that Marice Got sick a little and had to stop singing live so he just sings back-up for major music groups now. I just wanted everyone to know the music history We have a bit and Why Randy Music is in the game and why the game cost what it those 4 hours of music is not a cheap thing even when your playing with it.

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #191277
11/08/03 16:09
11/08/03 16:09
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

In order for your game to run smoothly, you're going to have to drastically overhaul it to get that minimum memory number down. Most high intensity commericial games are usually closer to 128-256MB for their minimum and maybe 512MB for their recommended(Max Payne 2 is this way). Few people have a gig or more of RAM...usually only super hardcore gamers and developers are going to have that much.

The same goes for video cards...your minimum should be 32MB and the recommended 64MB for today's gamers.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #191278
11/08/03 17:37
11/08/03 17:37

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man... This is going to take some time to read those posts...

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work #191279
11/08/03 21:39
11/08/03 21:39
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline
DarkShadow  Offline

Nebraska
Kenneth,

Grats on making your first game!

Critics,

Be nice, all of our first games ran using the template scripts, and was probably simply a little box with a light in it, and we were so proud that we made it. As far as critism goes, if you can't offer good advice for fixing things, keep your mouths shut and your hands off your keyboards.

Kenneth,

Your game looks interesting i'll give you that, however you need to do something about those requirements, and that is what i'm going to help you with.

1. Textures take up alot of video memory, try to keep your images Square. Reduce Image size, Resolution and color bit depth when possible. Don't use too many transparant images, the engine runs checks and removes the keyed color (black) from the images, this takes processing time.

2. Don't have an extremely large number of Active enities(entities that are constantly executing script code), this inludes enemies and anything that contstanly execute large amounds of code. this will decrease processor strain. Also the less of these objects used, the less that needs drawn to the monitor.

3. Reuse your textures as often as possible, use "base" textures for most of your world, then you can add some details with sprites, decals, etc. Reusing textures saves video memory as the objects using the texture simply refer to one memory address. if need be, during your pre-release optimization stage, you can strip down your levels of unecessary textures and use one of your "bases" instead.

4. be VERY careful when building geometry, Intersecting Blocks produce splits in the geometry, try to keep objects close enough that they arent touching, but is unnoticable, use the Precision Flag when building. Splits in geometry causes more visibility calculations to be done, the results of these caculations are used at runtime by the culling system to determine what should be drawn, more splits equals more data that must be processed during runtime.

5. FIGHT THE URGE to add ALL your cool ideas to one level, this will help alot in many ways. Playability and Performance to name two.

well, that's about all for now, one other reccommendation i have, find a team, it will greatly help you alot, i would be NOWHERE without Creatures of Habit(my team), you will learn much from other team members and they will push you to learn more for yourself, not to mention the great ideas that can come out of a good team's studio. Plus, you don't have to do all the work yourself . If you are interested, i may be able to find a place for you and your brother with our music section, but if not, you should still find a team, it'll be the best thing you ever do.

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: DarkShadow] #191280
11/13/03 01:32
11/13/03 01:32
Colorado, USA
T
Tetra Offline
Tetra  Offline
T

Colorado, USA
I would also like to reiterate what others have said...

Its a small feat in itself to finish a game. Even more to finish it entirely by yourself. Most Gamestudio games with large groups never get around to being finished... You see a few promising screenshots, then the name sinks into the depths of the forums. As for Ken's game, it needs a little more work, thats all. Practice makes perfect, and everyone has to start somewhere. Its really sad how harsh some people are being to him. You honestly think if I see a developer being a jackass to other users, I would even think of touching his game? Not at all. Keep that in mind.

Music artist for: Biyu Biyu Rocket POC
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: Tetra] #191281
11/13/03 09:17
11/13/03 09:17
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
Nononononono...ken needs to know that this is unnaceptable; no one in their right mind would....or could for that matter..buy this.

The specs are too hard..and the game itsself looks like an abducted hippie's nightmare.

Look...im gonna be nice and not say any of the stuff i was gonna, because the fact you finished it is more than many of us can say...and I think that you should do the following before you engage on a project again:

1: WRITE a game concept...a design document...take a few months or even a few weeks to write it out completely.

2: Draft a team.....if you have to kidnap them somehow, do it. You need some kind of specialists...altho for all that work I applaud you doing this in one year.

You have one thing many of us have yet to prove we do...determination. Try Again..and for the love of god if you charge....please....not more than 20 bucks for it...

Another thing...unless you can somehow bend and twist the Alien world story/plot.....or make any of the other cliche plots interesting....OMG dont ever do it again. THATS not your fault..I dont think you knew that...but...its just not nice to poke a dead concept.

Try Again...dont make any..well not as many mistakes as you did here...cuz nothin makes the german pseudo professionals here more complete than a chance to pick at the follies of people who try when they fail(no offense to the german/other pros who DONT do this).

I dont know what to say...no..yes I do. I HATE....this game...but I love you for persevering and doing as good as it did. Try AGAIN....the studio did warn that the average first ten games would be bad....it happens..even to the best of us...but my man...you have to try again..and don't dare demand over 20 bucks until you have it down so much that you dont use raw templates...or its as least as good as the first Army Men 3d...which was reasonably good, in my opnion.

Thats all. Dont hate me, please.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: ICEman] #191282
11/13/03 23:01
11/13/03 23:01
moggy Offline
moggy  Offline

i will say this much too many critics...not enough helpers.

good to see some lonewolf actually complete a game with 3d gamestudio....its more than i can say for other would be critics out there .....for all the critics let me see your warez ...come on bringem to the table. and then will see who is anal bait!

im sick to death of these big wigs who think they can rule these boards shut your holes (know alls who know nothing)....hey jcl let me be a moderator for a while ....then i will bring them down a size or two!

whos your daddy! livin in an armish paradise! no gates here! flange out to lunch!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de