Hiya.

I *just* upgraded to A7 Com, so if this is already in here as some sort of 'option' somewhere, please let me know.

My suggestion has to do with textures and how they are added, manipulated, etc. in WED.

(1) When creating a new texture .wad, I'd really like to be able to add more than a dozen or so textures at a time. If you try and add too many (say, 20), it just doesn't work. No textures get added.

(2) "Automatic conversion" would be really sweet to add. I'd love to be able to go through my hundreds (thousands?) of textures...be they .bmp, .jpg, .pcx, .whatever ...and when I choose to add one to a .wad I'd get a pop up dialog asking something like "This texture format isn't directly supported by A7. Would you like to convert it to another format?". There would be a list of formats A7 supports, and I could check off other minor changes (perhaps change the size, for example; or 'force' it to be a power-of-two size if it wasn't, even if that gave me stretching). If the converter could also see if it had an alpha channel, it could ask what to do with it; like convert to a format that supports it, or break the texture into two different textures (like "window.tga" going into "window_d.pcx" and "window_a.pcx", for example).

(3) Multiple face selection on a brush. If I have a column with 9 sides, and I need three sets of three faces, each set to be textured differently, I'd like to be able to "multi-select" faces. All the normal texture tweaking should be available to each face/set, including Flags.

(4) "Incremental adjustments" would be nice too. A few buttons labeled "x0.25", "x0.5", "x1", "x1.5", "x2" would be very helpful for quickly bumping up or down a texture size rather than having to hand-type it in. Speaking of which...

(5) I'd like to be able to type in ".5" and have the texture scale be reduced by half as opposed to WED ignoring the "." and multiplying the texture scale by 5. This 'bug' has been around for a VERY long time. I'm not in the habit of typing in 0.5 or 0.75 or whatever...I just hit the . and then the number.

Ok, I think that's it for now.

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)