Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
effect on engine performance #11791
02/08/03 03:57
02/08/03 03:57
T
Templar Offline OP
Developer
Templar  Offline OP
Developer
T

Hi,

i've notice quite strange behaviour of the engine and was wondering if anyone has experienced this too.

I have player seen through isometric camera view (like in diablo and such). Camera is centered on him, so when he walks, he stays in the middle of the screen while all other objects and floor plane move past him.

I was testing my level and all around the player moved absolutely smoothly. Then i ESCaped, wrote something in notepad and run it again without any changes or recompiling. This time everything around player moved not so smoothly and from time to time it jerked a bit. The same happened when i rotated camera around the player. I checked fps in debug panel (later i even i had it written in a file) and there were no drops in fps so i guess it had nothing to do with the framerate. There was no swapping either.

Has anyone noticed different behaviour when running the same compiled level several times?

T.

Re: effect on engine performance #11792
02/08/03 04:28
02/08/03 04:28

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My best guess is that some memory has become unavailable to A5 after finishing and starting another application. Usually when switching between applications it takes a few seconds for the now current app to get all the RAM it needs from Windows (depending on how much RAM you have in your PC). Another possibility could be a bad display driver that does not free all graphics card RAM after A5 exits, thereby reducing the available amount of memory for the next 3d application you start. Not much I can do but recommending to update all your drivers and software.

Re: effect on engine performance #11793
02/17/03 03:35
02/17/03 03:35

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Templar!

Yepp, I face the problem now and then! (when workin with some other programs between). My frames dropps DRAMATICALLY and I haven´t yet figured out why!

Re: effect on engine performance #11794
02/17/03 03:40
02/17/03 03:40
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Shummy Offline
Expert
Shummy  Offline
Expert

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Same here i had a muzzle flash problem the Colour was always going black from the transparency a good restarta fter the day and it was all gone! Just cause your computer needs some memmory to gaina up as it sais you can run multiple windows in gstudio i can only run one with 128. Depeneds on how fast your ram is.

~Shummy Level Designer/Scripts º_º€Lkº_ºBð¥º_Šøƒ†_º [url=http://www.elkboysoftware.cjb.net]www.elkboysoftware.cjb.net[/url] skater_boy29@hotmail.com

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de