Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 509 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Multiverse - an interesting story [Re: Neuro] #154815
10/05/07 17:05
10/05/07 17:05
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

You guys should watch this movie with Tim Robins called "Jacob's Ladder". Similar idea to the multiverse theory. A vietnam vet gets shotup badly and is taken to the hospital. He then wakes up and realizes it was only a flashback nightmare. He continues to live his life years later but strange events keeps on occuring which eventually led up to him finding out he was infected by a chemical agent in vietnam. The film ends with us finding out that he never actually made it ouf of vietnam, and that his whole life experience was just a "dying hallucination". Frickin trippy...

Yes, I remember that movie, it's pretty cool.

Still, the jump from dream to multiverse is a big one in my opinion,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Multiverse - an interesting story [Re: PHeMoX] #154816
10/05/07 18:11
10/05/07 18:11
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
I like theories like this, they are good for paradigm shifts.

A part of the initiates discovery of the 'speres' in my culture describes a few of these realms and access to them from both unconscious volition and a determined physical approach.
Whilst Ive experienced both unconscious and 'light bulb' revelations Ive yet to see an actual determined physical approach.

Its more than likely that a multiverse view is the correct one for me as a monoverse just isnt a sustainable idea really, considering the duality of our universe.

I think past life experiences could fall into this catagory too as my cultural belief describes so called past life as co-existing realities, hence the easy access to some memories, feelings and coincidences.

Certainly wave dynamics indicate multiverses by the mere process of just being a wave, go up out of range then go down out of range and all we see is the in-betweens.

And yet, its more than possible that none exist at all and that were are just memories of an instance in time that because of the vastness of space, perpetuates as echoes maybe...?

Re: Multiverse - an interesting story [Re: testDummy] #154817
10/07/07 01:08
10/07/07 01:08
N
Neuro Offline
Serious User
Neuro  Offline
Serious User
N

Quote:

(I watched "Jacob's Ladder" a number of times years and years ago, and I think that I probably could have recommended it (also), except that Neuro might have just spoiled the ending.)

Woops...my bad! But then again, anyone following this thread would probably get the idea of whats going to happen anyways

The Wii Effect - a look at Nintendo's epidemic
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite