by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Quad, VoroneTZ, PeroPero), 841 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Movement problems in A6.60 templates #153534
09/11/07 20:01
09/11/07 20:01
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
Ok well here I am asking total noob questions. lol I knew it would happen.

I created my level by creating small modular elements. Hall main rooms ect. Then peiced them all together. added the walkthru template. Attached the plbiped action to an entity the ball model that comes with a6 to be exact. Compiled and ran the level. Most times the player moves just fine. However theres two problems that Ive had happen numerous times.

First. This could be entirely something I did tho im kind of sure im doing something wrong in both areas. Anyways I have small ramps that are being used as vent/floorboards along the base of the entire level. I have set all blocks to passable and detail.

If I walk against them I assumed it would be as if they werent even there however instead my player goes up the slight incline instead of passing thru them.

The second problem is that my player sometimes will get stuck for no apparent reason. At first I thought it might relate to the first problem because it only appeared to happen when against a wall. However I noticed a few times tho not as often that it will happen even while in the middle of a room.

Id really like to be able to keep the ramp/vent/floorboard for one it took a decent amount of time to add and secondly Really helps to break up the simple textures Im using for the walls and floor.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this issue?

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: Movement problems in A6.60 templates [Re: FeiHongJr] #153535
09/12/07 02:20
09/12/07 02:20
suriname0 Offline
suriname0  Offline

Well, I'm certainly no expert. Maybe a screenshot? In the past, I've had problem with movement around passable blocks too. Are any of them Map Entities?

I might try starting a shooter project instead, and not starting the "player" with any guns. The walk-through template is slightly wierd.

If I am posting, it probably means I am asking a question. Or faking my knowledge by agreeing with somebody else.
Re: Movement problems in A6.60 templates [Re: suriname0] #153536
09/12/07 04:38
09/12/07 04:38
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
Hi thanks for the response. No they arent map entitys. I have tried with both shooter and walk thru templates. No success however! I decided to change the character model and used the soldier model from the model pack on the downloads page. Not saying it worked but I have noticed it happens less often then it has been. So prehaps it was having issues using the ball model as the character model. I will continue testing it and see if the problem occurs again. Thanks again

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de