by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, AndrewAMD), 593 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148479
08/22/07 17:54
08/22/07 17:54
Lithuania
3DRichard Offline
3DRichard  Offline

Lithuania
Yes i can describe it.

My method is very easy, when the game starts i kill the first zombie and then start to collect the shotgun ammo, after i have lots of them i kill some more zombies to reach 333 score so they all raise, then climb on the boxes that i showed in previous post where zombies can't reach me, i wait until all of them gathers around me(some zombies may get stuck behind obstacles farther from that place, so beware of them), then the fun part start, i run down from the boxes( make sure you don't fall onto zombies) and run away from them, then i turn around and start to shoot them with the shotgun, when they kill me the score gets multiplied couple of times.

When you are waiting on the boxes, you need to watch the way you climbed through, because sometimes zombies manage to climb there, but most of the time zombies don't come from that side so they are walking directly to you under the boxes

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: 3DRichard] #148480
08/22/07 18:04
08/22/07 18:04
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
cool! ;D that’s exactly how i does it, but i start of with the grenade when the zombies starts to gather, and shoots cans while waiting . But i will try to prevent camping. because it seems like its to powerfully right now ^^

Don’t worry, a method that is that easy to score of 30 000 wont last long, i hope o.o... i will start by making the zombies better on climbing and lower the variable that multiples the score after death o.o... and i will make the zombies faster to spawn when there is that many of them, witch makes it harder to gather that much ammo.

I will find a way

Anything else any one wants me to fix or add to the game? Like doors and ladders? ... Or maybe a rifle or zombie birds and dogs? ^^ Don’t hold back, tell me and I will consider to add it the upcoming week :]

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148481
08/22/07 18:27
08/22/07 18:27
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Well, a severance mod would be nice or at least rag dolls A more powerfull headshot (because it is a headshot). The menu should resize when I the resolution is changed. Maybe zombie birds attack when staying to long at the same area.

EDIT: Well I played alot of zombie shooters on newgrounds. There are some really bad zombie defend games and some very good. This is what the good ones makes them good:
- Game is split into waves. Each wave becomes harder.
- between the waves the hero can buy weapons, upgrades, tools etc (a good balance of costs and usefulness is here extremly important)
- each almost each wave new kinds of zombies appear and more zombies appear
- the breaks between zombie appearing must be short. If zomtimes no zombie comes for 10 seconds and then again it becomes boring.
- usually the player has to protect something or a target (protect a house which takes damage if the zombies come to close, rescue a hot big breasted chick, survive till next dawn(?) (sunrise))
- well not all of these hints are really usefull for this game, but it may gives you some ideas for spicing up the game.

For example to fresh up the game, the player could get objectives to solve so he is not camping to much at one place and can make bonuspoints. For example, close door xyz, get to gate aaa and get letter x, kill the green zombie, take no damage for 10 seconds (extra fast zombies) to get bonuspoints, push the red button, destroy the evil machine, fight miniboss zombie xavbla etc...

:L
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: EX Citer] #148482
08/22/07 19:51
08/22/07 19:51
Lithuania
3DRichard Offline
3DRichard  Offline

Lithuania
Quote:

and i will make the zombies faster to spawn when there is that many of them, witch makes it harder to gather that much ammo.

yes, at the start of the game they should spawn faster, but later when zombies get killed they shouldn't raise again very fast, to leave some time to get ammo.

definitely the headshots need to make more damage, because it's very hard to defend yourself with pistol from more than four zombies. Also when you shoot to the zombie's knee they should stand up a little bit slower, allowing you to shoot other incoming zombies.

one more thing i noticed, when zombie is eating you, he's so close that you can't shoot him because all your bullets are starting to fly from behind him

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: 3DRichard] #148483
08/25/07 00:06
08/25/07 00:06
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Okay, i fixed some things that makes it harder with the camp strategy and makes the difference between 50 and 10 zombies bigger ;D

I'm still working on this, so i will improve it little, right now its to hard(as you can see on the score) and the birds are a little weird, but i wont work on it too hard , the birds are not the main part of the game and i wont as i said use this to anything else then give it away here.

Last edited by Gafgar; 08/25/07 00:31.

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148484
08/25/07 16:23
08/25/07 16:23
Vienna, Austria
E
Edgecrusher Offline
Edgecrusher  Offline
E

Vienna, Austria
How about unlocking a new gun after a number of kills? Like after 5 you get the shotgun, after additional 15 you get an SMG, and so on. A barret would be cool (sniper)

A6 Commercial A7 Commercial
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Edgecrusher] #148485
08/26/07 03:56
08/26/07 03:56
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Yah , i am currently working on adding a new weapon and one more new enemy, and maybe 2 new enemies. ^^
I am thinking about adding ladders and doors, and finally maybe a wave like system for all the enemies :]
But will not be finished that fast
But it is still just thoughts, doors and ladders are least likely to be added, but the other things will probably be added and not take that much time ^^
And I will change the map some, and make it a little bigger and make some more interesting points to hold ^^, and probably some trigger events
Maybe some one can make a zombie adventure game of these things later then ^^, if I only add doors and ladders and triggers :], and a easy simple door system would probably not be that hard ^^

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148486
08/26/07 11:35
08/26/07 11:35
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
First of all, welcome back Gafgar I know my reply is abit late but I was on a nice vacation for a week in the Cote d'Azur Second, I think I remember this game you were working on, it was like +- a year ago and you posted it as a zombie game as well which is logical because you're working on the same game concept but on a restart scale this time ^^
It looks quite promising, the .exe you've provided is quite FUN to play. The graphics are like you've mentioned but it doesn't disturb me at all, it's the gameplay which enjoys me In overall nice comeback into the 3dgs forum with a nice little game !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: frazzle] #148487
08/26/07 21:42
08/26/07 21:42
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Quote:

First of all, welcome back Gafgar I know my reply is abit late but I was on a nice vacation for a week in the Cote d'Azur Second, I think I remember this game you were working on, it was like +- a year ago and you posted it as a zombie game as well which is logical because you're working on the same game concept but on a restart scale this time ^^
It looks quite promising, the .exe you've provided is quite FUN to play. The graphics are like you've mentioned but it doesn't disturb me at all, it's the gameplay which enjoys me In overall nice comeback into the 3dgs forum with a nice little game !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Well, thanks for the welcome ... ^^ but I'm sorry to tell that I'm just back for a short while, this is not a beginning, its just another end o.o.. I will stop working with 3dgs and is just back to develop 2 of my old project a little further ^^ and give them away to hope that someone finds them fun and useful, the most of both KyKling? and this zombie game is old code and old graphics, that i maid before I quitted last time o.o
I am currently working on my own 3d engine and will continue posting updates of my new project on my website, because i don't think its something for 3dgamestudios forum if I'm not using 3dgs any more o.o

I have added a SMG and a new enemy to the game now, are currently working on adding another enemy. But I have just one question... and i will have a poll for it. Its about if i should have a wave system with more and more, and harder and harder enemies, or stick with the slowly continuing growing amount, based on a max amount.

As it is right now, the zombies will rise one after another with a little delay, witch is shorter on a higher difficulty(max amount of zombies). The birds will start to count down there spawn time when the score gets above 250, and if the player is camping they will come more often and faster. The new more powerful enemies will start to spawn at 600 points. And all the items on the map have a cooldown in the beginning, witch is longer if the difficulty is higher. and ones they have spawned there will always be a specific amount of them on the map at ones, and that number is higher f the difficulty is higher.

The wave system will start with 2 zombies on random location, and when they are dead there will be a 5 seconds waiting time before next wave that will include 4 zombies and one item will spawn, and next will wave will continue 8 zombies and one item. Next wave will only be 7 birds, next wave will be 8 zombies and 8 birds and 2 items, and there will continue up to 40 zombies 20 birds and 10 powerful zombies and 2 of an not yet reviled enemy, and then the zombies will start to get replaced with powerful zombies and zombies will begin to rise a number of times before they are killed and the birds will spawn in many small waves on one zombie wave, and the enemies and items will get better and so on. And the score will be calculated the same way + a speed bonus for clearing the waves fast and one bonus for clearing waves with ex only the first gun, and done bonus for etch wave cleared without getting damage and so on.

So what system do you think will be best on this game?

I thank every one that votes and replies ^^

Witch system?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/26/07 21:34
Last edited by Gafgar; 08/26/07 22:55.

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! [Re: Gafgar] #148488
08/27/07 18:10
08/27/07 18:10
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
Well, here is a image of the new weapon, it's not exactly a SMG , but it's automatic

The voting is not going so well , just 3 votes so far. But it seems like a wave system is leading any way.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de